BACK TO THE FUTURE PART IV: THE MULTITASKING CRYSTAL

Started by Giocherellone, Wed 29/05/2019 07:47:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Giocherellone

With the consent of the author Daniele82, after the success of his previous fangame Back To The Future Part III - Timeline Of Monkey Island, I also report the FOLLOW-UP (and the conclusion) of the saga!

This morning I have the pleasure to introduce you:

Back to the Future Part IV
The Multitasking crystal

QuoteDoc and Marty are back from the misadventure that has transported them, thanks to the time machine, in an imaginative archipelago in the Caribbean in the time of pirates.
Doc must fix the captured spirit of Tannen Dogfish among the professionals of the paranormal, the Ghostbusters, while Marty, upon returning home, runs into absurd circumstances.
The experiment of an eccentric scientist will complicate the situation, accidentally tearing the plot between the universes and attracting entities from other worlds and alien races eager to invade the reality we know.
Once again it will be up to Marty, overwhelmed by the events, to have to travel between ages and distant destinations to find the fragments of a portentous crystal in a desperate attempt to re-establish the normal flow of the space-time continuum and finally mend the tear in the fabric of the universe. But this time Marty will be helped by some of the brightest and craziest minds on the planet.
Among amazing cameos, incredible locations, bizarre characters and brainy puzzles, go into this new crazy adventure full of irony and absurdity for real videogame maniacs, TV series and cult movies!!

A Daniele Spadoni Production

I think it's right to supplement the above with this succulent news.

This time Daniele82 didn't do everything by himself, but he also availed himself of the collaboration of Simone Scopa, of the GhostBusters Italian Cultural Association, who has already been his collaborator for the Zak McKraken's fan film, for the thirtieth anniversary of the famous game.

Since Simone has previously prepared a PERFECT presentation for the release of the game, I copy it below (translated from Italian language) for the happiness of all fans!

QuoteToday, May 14, George Lucas and Robert Lee Zemeckis are celebrating their birthday and today has been published a game that unites them, namely the fan Game "Back to the Future Part IV - The Multitasking crystal", the sequel to the popular Fan Game "Back to the Future Part III: Timeline of Monkey Island", with many new weirdos and cameos for real nerds and fans of games, including important references to the universe Lucas Arts, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters and many high cinema, television and video game sagas that we do not mention not to spoil too much the contents of this new graphic adventure point and click.

Result of a story written by Daniele Spadoni and Simone Scopa, the sequel made by the Spadoni brothers will test you in helping the young "Marty" and some of the brightest minds on the planet in an attempt to save the world from a serious threat ... never the space-time continuum will be at risk like this time!

…

The fan game is free!!!

Have fun and let us know in the comments what you think!

Have I "gluttonized" you enough?  :D

Then run and download it!

https://commodore1982.blogspot.com/2019/03/blog-post_15.html

;)

EDIT - The link for download this game is broken.

The new link is this: https://danielespadoni82.blogspot.com/2019/03/blog-post_15.html

Enojy! ;)

Marion

Jack

Mandle

So excited right now! The first game was excellent and now the story continues so soon! Playing this today!

Mandle

Ugh... the hint in the English version READ ME to answer the copywrite protection puzzle is still in Italian, guys!

Luckily, on the website it's in English.

Is there a lot of other out-of-game googling/research needed in this game?

For example:
Spoiler
The Neverending Story seems to be asking for Marty's mother's name. I couldn't remember it so I googled it. It still doesn't work though. (oh and the message for failing the input in the game is still in Italian! Same for failing the copywrite protection puzzle)
[close]

Already getting frustrated I must admit, but I'm going back for another try on the merits of how good the first game was.

EDIT: Looking like a fun game with some great crossover stories but, I'm sorry, the English translation is just... horrible. I want to be nice and sugarcoat it but I can't. When the translation doesn't know the difference between "come in" and "go out" or even just the basics of grammar for words like "of" and "for" it's too distracting for me to enjoy the game. I have to stop and figure out what the translation is trying to say so the game can't flow and I just can't get into it.

The original game translation wasn't perfect but it was just good enough to scrape by, but this one is often like someone took what google-translate spat out and then deliberately made it worse, or maybe fed it through again 2 or 3 more times back and forth between the languages for good luck.

I might give it another try when I'm in a really positive mood but I highly suggest you get the translation fixed. You wouldn't need a professional or anything, just a native English speaker who can correct the mistakes.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 30/05/2019 04:20:12

For example:
Spoiler
The Neverending Story seems to be asking for Marty's mother's name. I couldn't remember it so I googled it. It still doesn't work though. (oh and the message for failing the input in the game is still in Italian! Same for failing the copywrite protection puzzle)
[close]
I downloaded the game yesterday and haven't actually played it yet. This response is based purely on my knowledge of 80s movies.
Spoiler
Lorraine didn't work? Maybe it wants Bastion's mother's name. Did you try opening a window during a storm and shouting MOONCHILD!!!?
[close]

Mandle

Well it seems that the game accepts
Spoiler
the name of Marty's mother but only if the first letter is not a capital letter!!! You actually have to make a grammatical error when you input her name to pass the puzzle... Astounding!
[close]

I am rather happy to report however that I have played the game for about another 2 hours tonight and I did have quite some fun.

The interface is confusing. The English translation is still baseline awful. But the game has made me smile quite a few times and some of the puzzles have been fun to figure out.

There is one puzzle in particular that I did have fun figuring out but I doubt will have the same fun value for many players:

Spoiler
I actually had to leave the game, track down a certain Youtube video, write down the answer to the puzzle, reenter the game, and input the solution. For me, this was quite fun, but I doubt many other players will think so.
[close]

But anyway, the game does hold a lot of potential fun for the right player or the player in the right mind-set.

I will be going back to try and figure out why I'm currently stuck... I'm suspecting it may require another
Spoiler
Google/Youtube search
[close]

Stingm

I'm really enjoying these games. Where can I find the first 2 parts?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 31/05/2019 15:48:00
About the name of Marty's mother
Spoiler
It works only if the first letter is not a capital letter!
[close]

Ah, good old    if (solution.toUpper() == input.toUpper())
Bugging your programs since 1975!

lakerz

Link to game dl says Website is down or blog removed? 

Giocherellone

I've updated the link for the donwload! ;)

See the first post!

;-D

Ian Aloser

This is a really good game, except  for the the italian/english mix and the typos
(due to the translation from Italian)
The puzzles are good , maybe there are too many of them
I have more than 20 items in my inventory and now i am really stuck
(No wonder if you can travel through so many time zones)
Spoiler
I need help with the alien code
How do I get a diving suit?
How do I get a the door code in 2008 ?
[close]
Really not easy, but I appreciate the huge amount of work you put in this game

Giocherellone

Hi "I am a loser" ! :D

If you want, you can try with this...

Spoiler
Is a YouTube video solution!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2faYmT2S4