Tales of Jayvin

Started by Vincent, Thu 06/06/2019 00:12:53

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbWire

Ciao Vincent

I have just noticed that Tales of Jayvin, thanks to Dennis, is now available for MAC.

Spamfastic Studios deserves to have this excellent game showcased on as many
platforms, as possible.

I am surprised that after some fantastic reviews there are only two 'AGS Panel Ratings'
one of them mine.

Come on guys it only takes a few seconds to do this, and shows appreciation for the
work required to bring pleasure to a lot of people.

Vincent

Ciao BarbWire

Thanks for your truly kind words. As you well said Tales of Jayvin is now available for MAC too thanks to Dennis help! I must say that it has been tested by very few people who said that the game is being played correctly on this platform. In case anybody would have any problem with this version please let us know here or into our GameJolt/itch pages. As about the 'AGS Panel Ratings' I think that it may could happen that we forget to return to the Ags page to leave a vote on the game although we have play it. :)

RetroLee

Enter the magical land of Naturnum, and you'll never want to leave.
As you travel the land, unraveling its history, beautiful scenery awaits you at every turn.
Interact with the citizens, who are quirky, to say the least, and complete quests for them.
You'll be well rewarded. There are so many fun things to do in Tales of Jayvin, that I dont
know where to start. Ill have a go, though. To give your legs a rest, acquire a horse.
Gamble at Lost Vegas and make a fortune. Try out the fishing competition at Mystic Lake
and win the championship. Upgrade your house. There is an underwater section, which is
a joy to behold. However, you will only see this if you help the ghost. Go hire a boat from
Cap'n Horatio Crowe and visit the Islands. Take a cable car ride to Dragon Tooth Mount.
Visit shops to buy and sell items. Open chests and find money bags etc. This is just a
sample of what you can expect from the game. Spamfastic Studios spent four years
making this masterpiece. If you dont play Tales of Jayvin, you will be missing out on a
truly wondrous experience.   

BarbWire

With the game awards just around the corner, I thought I would put in a word for Tales of Jayvin.

My contribution to this game was writing 'The History of Naturnum' in seven books, which can be
purchased from Page Turners store, poetry, dialogues and everything in between.

Since Tales of Jayvin first appeared, in June of last year, I have been following its progress, and
I am surprised that more people have not downloaded and played this brilliant offering. (I'm not
biased - honest  :wink:)

Mandle, Shadow and Lorenzo, and RetroLee (In the order they posted comments) on the whole
all raved about the game, so why the lack of interest?

Is it the length of the game putting people off? if so then don't worry because there is a perfectly
functioning SAVE option. No need to try to play in one sitting. (You couldn't, anyway, unless you
wanted to suffer sleep deprivation :smiley:) If it is the battling that puts you off, it isn't really
difficult with just a little thought. Puzzles are interesting and not too taxing on the grey matter.

RetroJay and Vincent, Spamfastic Studios, put their hearts and souls into Tales Of Jayvin. It would
be doing them an injustice not to give it a go.   

Athanor

This game looks lovely! I'll give it a try this evening. The only thing I don't like so much is the quite big "hunger"-bar. It gives me the impression that the game is all about eating and surviving. I'm no big fan of survival games so I'd like to ask if I'll die often here?

Vincent

Thank you very much RetroLee and BarbWire for your truly kind words, I deeply appreciate it very much!

@Athanor
Thank you very much for your truly kind words, I am glad to hear that you will give it a try later. Don't worry much about the hunger bar at all, you could only die in certain circumstances but nevertheless the game will warn you when an area is potentially dangerous risking the complete game over. So the game advise you to save your state before continuing, I hope you will enjoy it! :)

Athanor

Quote from: Vincent on Wed 15/01/2020 10:43:58
Thank you very much RetroLee and BarbWire for your truly kind words, I deeply appreciate it very much!

@Athanor
Thank you very much for your truly kind words, I am glad to hear that you will give it a try later. Don't worry much about the hunger bar at all, you could only die in certain circumstances but nevertheless the game will warn you when an area is potentially dangerous risking the complete game over. So the game advise you to save your state before continuing, I hope you will enjoy it! :)
Thank you for the information! I look forward to play your game. :)

BarbWire

Hi Athanor.

I hope you are enjoying playing Tales of Jayvin. Vincent was spot on when he advised you about the hunger bar
and likelihood of dying. The chances of which are very slim. Also, take your time walking the landscape. Running
everywhere will reduce your hunger bar quicker. Sometimes you can find food in chests or it just spawns in random
locations. If you need a more substantial meal go see Jen at her store. If you undertake a quest for the blacksmith
you can come by a horse.

Are you having any difficulty with battles? There are only three main enemies in the game which you need to deal
with to progress. One is a level 10 cave troll. The next is a character called Nick De Vile (Level 20 I believe) and the
end game Demon Spider (Level 32 I believe) These are all DARK characters so who will you need to train up and arm
with special powers bought from Captain Horatio Crowe. You will need to hire his boat and visit the islands to
encounter the best ally for the battle. It is a good idea to do this while at a low level. Then concentrate on training
this ally

I hope I have explained this correctly. I have played and completed Tales of Jayvin myself and found this worked
for me. I was quite chuffed when I dispatched the Demon Spider without too much effort.

Vincent is the expert when it comes to Final Fantasy games, so if you get stuck I'm sure he will be only too pleased to
help.

In fact, if there is any aspect of the game anyone is struggling with, be it quests puzzles etc. please don't be afraid to
ask for help from Retrojay or Vincent (Spamfastic Studios)

Vincent

Thank you very much BarbWire for your truly kind words. I'd like to special thanks everyone who nominated Tales of Jayvin for "Best Non Adventure Game Created with AGS" at the AGS Awards 2019. This award was really appreciated and I would like to congratulate all the team members for the fantastic work done over the years. I'd like to share some beautiful graphics that were given by the wonderful event of the ceremony, for this reason I have updated also the main post, many thanks again to all of you!

Kastchey

Well deserved Vincent, big congratulations to you and the rest of the team :)

Vincent

Thank you very much Kastchey for your kind words and for sharing these beautiful graphics from the ceremony, I really appreciate them!  :)

BarbWire

Just love the way Night Stalker, the Werewolf, gobs the Black Death virus
over his adversary.

Can't think why, but it kinda reminds me of a certain situation in which
we all find ourselves.  :-D

Vincent

That's correct BarbWire, it's a kinda of a coronavirus attack 8-) maybe all of this has something to do with werewolves and not bats  :-D

BarbWire

Ciao, Vincent, amico mio

You could well be right.

Scientist should stop blaming bats, fish, cats, dogs and any
other animal you can think of.

As soon as the moon rises, lock yourself indoors. If you have to
go out, remember to social distance from werewolves.  :-D

Vincent

Ahaha ciao, BarbWire, amica mia.
Well said, the same goes for everyone and, just in case, don't forget the shields that protect against the opponent's special attacks!  :-D

BarbWire

Ciao, Vincent, amico mio

Good advice about the shielding.

I can't believe that a year has gone by since you, and Retrojay,
released this brilliant game.

Over a four year period you delivered thousands of lines of
intricate programming, while Retrojay agonised over the perfect
placing of every pixel, to create all the artwork.

I was pleased to see that Tales of Jayvin achieved 5 nominations,
and was awarded the best non-adventure game of 2019.

I am surprised though, that in view of this, the game has not been
downloaded many times. It deserves far better.

Anyway, Happy Birthday for the 6th of June.  I will add this to the
Happy Birthday thread on Saturday a.b.w.

Vincent

Thanks a lot BarbWire for all your kind words and for the good wishes, I appreciate it a lot every time.  :)

BarbWire

Having provided most of the literary content for Tales of Jayvin, and
vast amounts of testing, I have a vested interest in the games progress.
I notice that downloads have ground to a halt. I can't understand why
this should be because as I have said, on more than one occasion, the
game is brilliant. Mandle said it was probably the best game he had played
since Heroines quest.

If you are playing, how are you finding the puzzles, quests etc. Is there
anything you don't like and have suggestions as to how things could be
improved.

If you aren't playing - why not? You are missing out on a great experience.

Where are you Vincent, amico mio?  I've missed our chats  :smiley:

Vincent

Ciao BarbWire amica mia, I'm sorry for the delay in answering you...  :sad:
As you well said, you were the one who created the most contents in this game, if it wasn't for you this game wouldn't have been come out in this way.
For this reason I will never stop thanking you because thanks to you the game come out really brillant and of course apart from the fantastic work done in conceiving the graphics. In this latter period I am having little time because as usual I am working on multiple projects at the same time. For this I am sorry if I am not very active, I hope that everything is fine with you, Jay and the rest of the team  :smiley:

BarbWire

Ciao, Vincent, amico mio

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is nice to be appreciated.

I have great admiration for the brilliant programming skills you brought
to the game, and the fantastic drawing talent displayed by Retro Jay.

I am glad that you are keeping busy, working on several projects.

One of the team is suffering with a recurring knee problem, but the rest
are in good health, thank God.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk