Saturday Night is the Loneliest Night of the Week III

Started by newwaveburritos, Mon 16/05/2022 18:35:36

Previous topic - Next topic

newwaveburritos

Here's a little note to talk about what I'm working on currently.  As you recall from playing the first one (https://springstreetonline.itch.io/saturday-night-is-the-loneliest-night-of-the-week) that we had a real mystery on our hands when the bride-to-be was whisked away into a vortex of time and space for reasons unknown.  Well, follow their adventures when they find themselves in a castle inhabited by a cast of zany characters including but not limited to Dracula, Frankenstein, the Phantom (no opera), a spooky ghost, an alien, a skeleton with a heavy secret, and of course a mummy.  And a werewolf.  Try it for yourself soon in this EGA, gender-fluid, gun-free, New Wave-inflected classic horror romantic comedy graphical adventure.

EDIT: I released a game that's going by II already so this one gets bumped to III.

heltenjon

Awesome! And then I hope the Creature from the Black Lagoon makes it into game number 3!  :-D

newwaveburritos

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 16/05/2022 19:14:41
Awesome! And then I hope the Creature from the Black Lagoon makes it into game number 3!  :-D

Oh, heck, I knew I was forgetting one!

Stupot

milkanannan

Nice ~ I really liked the first one. Looking forward to this!

newwaveburritos

Work continues AKA scope creep on all sides!  I've added character moods and Sierra style speaking portraits for extra immersion.  I'm also trying to add some puzzles this time since that was the number one complaint about the first one.  Does fixing a circuit board sound fun?  I hope so!!

We'll have some unexpected returning characters as well to help (or hinder?) you on your quest to get back to your wedding.

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/khYnBsc.png[/imgzoom]

newwaveburritos

There will be more animations than ever before in this one.  And I really like this new sub-system of dialogue where you can easily as any character about any other character.

newwaveburritos

You're getting in that armor to do some Cyrano de Bergerac style shenanigans by the way.  There will be some zany misunderstandings!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk