Metaphobia

Started by lorenzo, Fri 21/06/2019 09:53:33

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

Love the game so far!

I'm stuck at
Spoiler
the museum. I need to get the Draconium. I have already photographed the alarm code, but I don't know what to do next.
I think I need to lure the mouse to distract the guard, but I don't know how. I tried using the cheese with the mouse hole, but the protagonist says he doesn't want to get too close to it.
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: lorenzo on Fri 21/06/2019 09:53:33
Love the game so far!

I'm stuck at
Spoiler
the museum. I need to get the Draconium. I have already photographed the alarm code, but I don't know what to do next.
I think I need to lure the mouse to distract the guard, but I don't know how. I tried using the cheese with the mouse hole, but the protagonist says he doesn't want to get too close to it.
[close]

Thanks for your feedback lorenzo!

Spoiler
If you already have photographed the alarm code what you will have to do is right click on the camera into the inventory to get the code and then you should disable the alarm by the panel which is near the guard. But this is not done yet you will have to do something else! :D
[close]

Ian Aloser

Congratulations, Great Job !
Need some help, too :
Spoiler
Cannot get past the receptionist, know that I somehow have to disguise
All I have is knife, scissors, phone book, cell phone documents, dried coffee, money,
brush, hydrogen peroxide
Help would be highly appreciated
Thanks in advance !!!
[close]

Ian Aloser

Got it by myself, nevermind :-)

lorenzo

Thanks Vincent! But I'm still stuck...
Spoiler
I got the code, but I still can't get rid of the guard nor deactivate the alarm. There's probably an obvious thing I'm missing, but I don't know what.  :~(
In the inventory, I've got the brochure, water bottle, cheese, rials, and a whole lot of other stuff.
[close]

By the way, I've found a small graphics glitch in the museum room.
Spoiler

If you drink from the water bottle in front of the mousehole, this happens: [imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/Gblqwoy.png[/imgzoom]
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 12:24:11

Alright, I am glad to hear that!  ;)

Quote from: lorenzo on Fri 21/06/2019 12:53:55
Thanks Vincent! But I'm still stuck...
Spoiler
I got the code, but I still can't get rid of the guard nor deactivate the alarm. There's probably an obvious thing I'm missing, but I don't know what.  :~(
In the inventory, I've got the brochure, water bottle, cheese, rials, and a whole lot of other stuff.
[close]

Spoiler

To deactivate the alarm you should wait the guard to turn his head to the right side, in that moment you should be able to disable the alarm box, but that's not over.
[close]

Quote from: lorenzo on Fri 21/06/2019 12:53:55
By the way, I've found a small graphics glitch in the museum room.
Spoiler

If you drink from the water bottle in front of the mousehole, this happens: [imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/Gblqwoy.png[/imgzoom]
[close]

Spoiler
Thanks for noticing this!
[close]

lorenzo

Spoiler
Oh, man, I was so fixated on the mousehole that I didn't notice the guard turning his head!
[close]
Thanks a lot!  (nod)

Vincent

Quote from: lorenzo on Fri 21/06/2019 14:01:11
Spoiler
Oh, man, I was so fixated on the mousehole that I didn't notice the guard turning his head!
[close]
Thanks a lot!  (nod)

You are more than welcome!  ;)

Ian Aloser

I am afraid this is a bug:
Spoiler
I am at the temple and trying to enter the symbols

The text reads : God's hand created water….
However, the tile for "create" and "cattle" are not visible, they are covered by
the text window
Does it have something to do with my resoultion?
I am playing in full screen mode
Hope that I don't have to start over …
Plz help!!

Thanks in advance
I
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 14:20:34
I am afraid this is a bug:
Spoiler
I am at the temple and trying to enter the symbols

The text reads : God's hand created water….
However, the tile for "create" and "cattle" are not visible, they are covered by
the text window
Does it have something to do with my resoultion?
I am playing in full screen mode
Hope that I don't have to start over …
Plz help!!

Thanks in advance
I
[close]

Spoiler
Can you please show me a screenshot of this?
[close]

Ian Aloser

I tried to include a screenshot, but failed miserably
Cannot paste into the text window .-((

Vincent

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 14:47:29
I tried to include a screenshot, but failed miserably
Cannot paste into the text window .-((

I am sorry, please provide me a screenshot so I can understand better what are you talking about.

Spoiler

Anyway have you used Draconium and Translated Parchment on the puzzle?
[close]

Ian Aloser

Spoiler
Yes, i have used the draconium and the translated parchment on  the water cleaned puzzle
How can I send you a screenshot?

Kind regards
Edited: Do I really Need the Symbols "cattle" and "create" or are the visible tiles sufficient ?
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 14:57:07
Spoiler
Yes, i have used the draconium and the translated parchment on  the water cleaned puzzle
How can I send you a screenshot?

Kind regards

[close]

Do you actually know how to take a screenshot in your computer? Just push the button "Stamp Rsist" then open an image editor like paint and paste it over there. Save the image and go to imgur.com then upload the image into the website and it will generate a link.

Ian Aloser

I will try that, however, i wanted to avoid the Imgur upload, there seems to be no other way

Hope it works

Vincent

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 15:28:23
I will try that, however, i wanted to avoid the Imgur upload, there seems to be no other way

Hope it works
Edited:

Spoiler

[close]
I have seen the image and there's nothing wrong with it.

Ian Aloser

Hi Vincent,
good to read that there is nothing wrong
So I now need some help:
Spoiler

My guess was that I have to press the tiles according to the
words in the book

But the tiles for "create and "cattle" are missing

Your help would be highly appreciated

Kind regards
[close]

Dkobylarz

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 15:50:26
Hi Vincent,
good to read that there is nothing wrong
So I now need some help:
Spoiler

My guess was that I have to press the tiles according to the
words in the book

But the tiles for "create and "cattle" are missing

Your help would be highly appreciated

Kind regards
[close]

Spoiler

Hi! So the trick here is that you can create words by combining buttons together. So if you look at "create" here, it looks like two buttons pressed in order. First, press the Middle/Rightmost button (this symbol looks like the start of "Create" right?), then, press the button next to it, to the left (this symbol looks like the second part of "create", right?). Does that make sense? Now you can do the same for "cattle" :)

Thanks for playing!!
[close]

Ian Aloser

Wow Vincent,

nice puzzle !
You created a really fine game, congratulations and thanks !!!!!

Vincent

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 16:01:39
Wow Vincent,

nice puzzle !
You created a really fine game, congratulations and thanks !!!!!

Alright, thank you, you are welcome!  :)

Ian Aloser

My God ,

Vincent,
the Alien Symbol puzzle is nervewrecking :-(

Vincent

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 18:54:34
My God ,

Vincent,

Were you able to finish it already? ;)

Ian Aloser

No, still stuck on that puzzle
I am afraid i missed a clue, tried all possible combinations,
despite hints to no avail :-((

Dkobylarz

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 18:54:34
My God ,

Vincent,

Take your time with it! It all makes sense if you break it down piece by piece. My best advice would be:

Spoiler

Look at the keypad. Look at every button on the keypad. Some of the buttons look similar to others. So when you are looking at the document, you might be clicking a set of buttons that LOOK like they are the best fit, but in reality there is ANOTHER combination that matches the keycode better.
[close]

Ian Aloser

This is my procedure :
Spoiler

I go from left to Right and top to Bottom
Does overlapping has an effect?
[close]
This is too confusing for my simple mind
Anyway: You created a professional game with great graphcis, a great story with a great soundtrack !!!
I would like to see more of this, think about a sequel !!!

Dkobylarz

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 19:53:28

This is my procedure :
Spoiler

I go from left to Right and top to Bottom
Does overlapping has an effect?
[close]
This is too confusing for my simple mind
Anyway: You created a professional game with great graphcis, a great story with a great soundtrack !!!
I would like to see more of this, think about a sequel !!!

Spoiler

Just private messaged you :)
[close]

Ian Aloser

Thanks so much !!
Keep up your great work !

Vincent

Thanks we really appreciate your kind words!

Ian Aloser

Finally finished it !

Really impressive, give us more !!!!!!!!!!!!

SarahLiz

Gahhh...I'm stuck on the Island puzzle.  I drew out a "map" on paper of each word (or partial word) that's represented by the symbols.  I don't know if I've screwed up royally or what, but I keep trying to no avail.  Please tell me if I'm missing something or mis-translated! 

Spoiler

goblet(2)          cut           demon(1,2)           blood          transform(1)   

snake         demon(3)      darkness        temple

hand          goblet(3)        dagger         demon(4)       water

big             transform(2)/mouth      dwell      goblet(1)

[close]

Does this remotely look correct (sorry if my "drawing" seems weird or confusing!  Hope you are able to see what I'm trying to show you)?  I've clicked the poem about a million times and it doesn't work.  I'm so frustrated!!

Tampere

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 19:29:15

Stuck here too, even with hint.

Dkobylarz

Quote from: Tampere on Sun 23/06/2019 00:51:20
Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 19:29:15

Stuck here too, even with hint.

PM'd. If a lot of other people request it I'll probably post it here in a spoiler.

Tampere

Quote from: Dkobylarz on Sun 23/06/2019 01:04:43
PM'd. If a lot of other people request it I'll probably post it here in a spoiler.

Thanks, makes sense now!

Dkobylarz

Quote from: SarahLiz on Sun 23/06/2019 00:31:45
Gahhh...I'm stuck on the Island puzzle.  I drew out a "map" on paper of each word (or partial word) that's represented by the symbols.  I don't know if I've screwed up royally or what, but I keep trying to no avail.  Please tell me if I'm missing something or mis-translated! 

Spoiler

goblet(2)          cut           demon(1,2)           blood          transform(1)   

[close]

Does this remotely look correct (sorry if my "drawing" seems weird or confusing!  Hope you are able to see what I'm trying to show you)?  I've clicked the poem about a million times and it doesn't work.  I'm so frustrated!!

Spoiler

Hi SarahLiz, first off, thanks for playing!

Ok let's take a look. I'm going to link a screenshot, let me know if this is where you are:
https://imgur.com/1v1SGgC

If it is, then:
On the bottom right, you have the script that tells you which buttons to click (like the ruins puzzle). The first two significant words in that are "Demon" and "Dwell". If you look on the left, you'll see that "demon" is a pretty long symbol. On the top right (dark green), you'll see that my mouse cursor is hanging over a button that looks like the first part of the word "demon". So, what you would do, is click this button, then click it again (because in Demon it is symbolized twice), then immediately down 1 row and to the right you see the next symbol, this one that looks like the next part of "demon". Click that. Then, you will see immediately under THAT button and to the right, is what looks like the symbol that finishes the "demon" word on the left script. Sorry if that's confusing, let me know if it makes sense!

As for your map, I'm not really sure how to read that. I see Goblet 2x up top left... but you don't have to do any mapping out like that, since you will have 1. the parchment 2. the poem, 3. the buttons, all in front of you on the page

If you aren't there yet, let me know and I will help further.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Dkobylarz on Sun 23/06/2019 01:19:53

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

Hi SarahLiz, first off, thanks for playing!

Ok let's take a look. I'm going to link a screenshot, let me know if this is where you are:
https://imgur.com/1v1SGgC

If it is, then:
On the bottom right, you have the script that tells you which buttons to click (like the ruins puzzle). The first two significant words in that are "Demon" and "Dwell". If you look on the left, you'll see that "demon" is a pretty long symbol. On the top right (dark green), you'll see that my mouse cursor is hanging over a button that looks like the first part of the word "demon". So, what you would do, is click this button, then click it again (because in Demon it is symbolized twice), then immediately down 1 row and to the right you see the next symbol, this one that looks like the next part of "demon". Click that. Then, you will see immediately under THAT button and to the right, is what looks like the symbol that finishes the "demon" word on the left script. Sorry if that's confusing, let me know if it makes sense!

As for your map, I'm not really sure how to read that. I see Goblet 2x up top left... but you don't have to do any mapping out like that, since you will have 1. the parchment 2. the poem, 3. the buttons, all in front of you on the page

If you aren't there yet, let me know and I will help further.
[close]

Same with me. I think we all get the idea
Spoiler
especially after the version of this puzzle in the ruins
[close]
but I tried it 7 or 8 times and so far no luck.

Wiggy

Hi Shadow1000!

Did you pick up a brochure from the table in the museum? That helps a lot if you read it. It helps with the language construction you need.

Cheers!  Wiggy

Khris

Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 12:09:02
Need some help, too :
Spoiler
All I have is knife, scissors, phone book, cell phone documents, dried coffee, money,
brush, hydrogen peroxide
Thanks in advance !!!
[close]

Stuck at the same spot... awesome game btw!

Vincent

Thanks for all your feedbacks guys we really appreciate them!  :)

Quote from: Khris on Sun 23/06/2019 12:21:34
Quote from: I am a loser on Fri 21/06/2019 12:09:02
Need some help, too :
Spoiler
brush, hydrogen peroxide
Thanks in advance !!!
[close]

Stuck at the same spot... awesome game btw!

Thanks a lot for your feedback Khris! For now I can give you a little hint:
Spoiler

Combine scissors with brush!  :)
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Wiggy on Sun 23/06/2019 09:05:48
Hi Shadow1000!

Did you pick up a brochure from the table in the museum? That helps a lot if you read it. It helps with the language construction you need.

Cheers!  Wiggy

Yes, I did. As I said, I think that most of us understand what we are trying to do. I just tried it a few more times with no success. It seems that others are having the same experience.

Vincent

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 23/06/2019 13:37:32
Yes, I did. As I said, I think that most of us understand what we are trying to do. I just tried it a few more times with no success. It seems that others are having the same experience.

Spoiler

I can tell you which are the first 5 buttons to press in the correct sequence. Let's just follow this order as the red line shows:

Push the third button two times, the seventh button, the thirteenth button, the seventeenth button...
[close]

Dkobylarz

Hi Shadow1000!

Cheers!  Wiggy

Spoiler

Hey Shadow, Vincent's post above mine should get you started in the correct order. It's definitely not an easy puzzle. My best advice would be to double check all of your symbols, you are most likely clicking some that you think are the best fit, when really there is another symbol that matches much better. I'm not near my computer but at some point today/tomorrow I will be and I can spell out the whole button sequence for you if you'd like.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Dkobylarz on Sun 23/06/2019 14:13:56
Hi Shadow1000!

Cheers!  Wiggy

Spoiler

Hey Shadow, Vincent's post above mine should get you started in the correct order. It's definitely not an easy puzzle. My best advice would be to double check all of your symbols, you are most likely clicking some that you think are the best fit, when really there is another symbol that matches much better. I'm not near my computer but at some point today/tomorrow I will be and I can spell out the whole button sequence for you if you'd like.
[close]

I agree. I checked Vincent's start and I definitely got that far correctly. I'm probably missing something or making some incorrect assumption. I usually like solving puzzles on my own but I have done this one 11 times so far and nothing happened so I'll wait for the full solution to see where I went wrong.

Thank you.

Dkobylarz

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 23/06/2019 14:33:40
Quote from: Dkobylarz on Sun 23/06/2019 14:13:56
Hi Shadow1000!

Cheers!  Wiggy

Spoiler

[close]

I agree. I checked Vincent's start and I definitely got that far correctly. I'm probably missing something or making some incorrect assumption. I usually like solving puzzles on my own but I have done this one 11 times so far and nothing happened so I'll wait for the full solution to see where I went wrong.

Thank you.

PM sent!

Dkobylarz

Spoiler

[close]

PM sent!

SarahLiz

Thank you for the PM!  I understood everything you were saying previously and HOW the puzzle needed to be solved, but like Shadow I knew something somehow got messed up in translation, and no clue where it could be.  I think I spent well over 2 hours trying to figure out where I went wrong.  This was a really tough puzzle for me.

Spoiler

I obviously didn't read the brochure as carefully as I thought.  In my translation notes I had written down  "drink = water + mouth" instead of "MOUTH + WATER".  A small oversight that screwed up the whole dang thing!

[close]

Anyway, I finally got through it just now and paused to write a quick note on the boards.  Now back to the game!   ;-D

Shadow1000

Quote from: SarahLiz on Sun 23/06/2019 18:21:25
Thank you for the PM!  I understood everything you were saying previously and HOW the puzzle needed to be solved, but like Shadow I knew something somehow got messed up in translation, and no clue where it could be.  I think I spent well over 2 hours trying to figure out where I went wrong.  This was a really tough puzzle for me.

Spoiler

I obviously didn't read the brochure as carefully as I thought.  In my translation notes I had written down  "drink = water + mouth" instead of "MOUTH + WATER".  A small oversight that screwed up the whole dang thing!

[close]

Anyway, I finally got through it just now and paused to write a quick note on the boards.  Now back to the game!   ;-D

I actually don't know where I went wrong the first 11 times! I made the mistake you described the first time but then double checked and corrected it for the next 10 times. Who knows... :)

Kweepa

Really enjoying the game.
Slight early plot spoiler:
Spoiler

Judy is really harsh to the main character, given that his dad just died and she has no idea why he disappeared for years.
[close]
I have no idea what to do in the pharmacy...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Vincent

Thanks for all your feedback guys, we deeply appreciate it everytime!  :)

Quote from: Kweepa on Sun 23/06/2019 19:26:12
Really enjoying the game.
Slight early plot spoiler:
Spoiler

Judy is really harsh to the main character, given that his dad just died and she has no idea why he disappeared for years.
[close]
I have no idea what to do in the pharmacy...

Thank you very much for enjoying the game!  :)

Spoiler

Asking "Medicine" two times to the pharmacist you should be able to steal something that comes out of the pockets of the trousers of the man who works with the boxes.
[close]

SarahLiz

Kweepa:

Spoiler
  after talking to the pharmacist (who's obviously no help)...have you tried interacting with the delivery guy again? 
[close]

Kweepa

Oh...
Spoiler

I have exhausted the conversational options with the pharmacist, but when I try to interact with the delivery guy I just get called a pervert.
Does it require pixel perfect clicking, or better timing, or both?
EDIT: worked first time, once I knew that was what I was supposed to be doing... :)
[close]
Thanks!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Vincent

Quote from: Kweepa on Sun 23/06/2019 19:58:47
Oh...
Spoiler

I have exhausted the conversational options with the pharmacist, but when I try to interact with the delivery guy I just get called a pervert.
Does it require pixel perfect clicking, or better timing, or both?
[close]
Thanks!

Spoiler
Ahah it require only a better timing... when he is crouching.
[close]

Khris

I'm badly stuck at
Spoiler
the museum. Trying to get the Draconium, trying to film the guard typing the code I guess but no clue what to do
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: Khris on Sun 23/06/2019 21:23:56
I'm badly stuck at
Spoiler
the museum. Trying to get the Draconium, trying to film the guard typing the code I guess but no clue what to do
[close]

Spoiler

• place the camera on the shelf

• interact with the camera to record

• touch the Draconium

• take the camera

• right click on the inventory item camera to learn the code
[close]

Khris

I completely missed the
Spoiler
shelf for some reason; kinda embarrassing, given how prominent it is :)
However I'm still stuck; I disabled the alarm but cannot take the book. Tried lots of things with the cheese and water, can't leave or call anybody. :-[
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: Khris on Sun 23/06/2019 21:57:20
I completely missed the
Spoiler
shelf for some reason; kinda embarrassing, given how prominent it is :)
However I'm still stuck; I disabled the alarm but cannot take the book. Tried lots of things with the cheese and water, can't leave or call anybody. :-[
[close]

Spoiler

haha I am sorry but it's too expensive to call somebody from Iran! :-D Please try to use the cheese bar somewhere! ;)
[close]

Khris

Thanks, finished it.  :-D

Vincent

Quote from: Khris on Mon 24/06/2019 00:00:38
Thanks, finished it.  :-D

I am happy to hear that you finished the game by now!  :-D Thank you very much for playing it means a lot to me!

TGames

I know this is super early in the game but...
Spoiler
How on Earth do I get a library card, I've revisited every location I have access to and tried using all of my items on everything.
[close]

Dkobylarz

Quote from: TGames on Tue 25/06/2019 21:11:05
I know this is super early in the game but...
Spoiler
How on Earth do I get a library card, I've revisited every location I have access to and tried using all of my items on everything.
[close]

hint 1:
Spoiler

Speak to the Librarian. Also, speak to the old man in the library. He is looking for something...
[close]

hint 2:
Spoiler

In Carl's Office, there's a bookshelf. In that bookshelf, is a phone book. Give the phonebook to the old man in the library and he will let you borrow the card.
[close]

TGames

I must be experiencing a glitch, durq pm'd me about it.

Spoiler
I have already given the old man a phonebook but now I can't talk to him.
[close]

TGames

I restarted my game and it worked...
Spoiler
The first time I played through I gave the man the phone book before talking to the librarian, and it wouldn't let me talk to him anymore. This time I talked to the librarian first and then gave the man the phonebook and then it worked.
[close]

Thanyx

Quote from: TGames on Tue 25/06/2019 23:41:27
Spoiler
The first time I played through I gave the man the phone book before talking to the librarian, and it wouldn't let me talk to him anymore. This time I talked to the librarian first and then gave the man the phonebook and then it worked.
[close]

I'm glad it worked eventually. As Vincent already mentioned we tested the game and no one was able to replicate this error.

Thanks a lot for playing our game!

Vincent

Quote from: TGames on Tue 25/06/2019 23:23:32
I must be experiencing a glitch, durq pm'd me about it.

Spoiler
I have already given the old man a phonebook but now I can't talk to him.
[close]

Quote from: TGames on Tue 25/06/2019 23:41:27
Spoiler
[close]

Can you experience something different from this video:
Spoiler

[close]

Also would you be able to replicate the problem and say what you have done step by step?

lanchong

I love the game so far.
Spoiler

I'm stuck in the university lab. I have Dr Blake's journal but I can't leave the lab. I get told that "I should look around before I leave".
What am I missing ?
Thanks
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: lanchong on Thu 27/06/2019 05:38:26
I love the game so far.
Spoiler

I'm stuck in the university lab. I have Dr Blake's journal but I can't leave the lab. I get told that "I should look around before I leave".
What am I missing ?
Thanks
[close]

Thank you very much!
Spoiler

You should take the blood and skin sample which is on the right side of the machineries and the piece of paper which is on the desk.
[close]

Psychomule

I have no idea what to do next.

Spoiler
I've been to the hut in the woods and found the two pieces of paper. There are no new locations and I can't seem to do anything at the locations it allows me to go to, which are home, library, father's office, and the ex-gf's place (Judy?).
[close]

Psychomule

Nevermind. Managed to figure that part out. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get into Blake's office

Vincent

Quote from: Pyschomule on Thu 27/06/2019 23:43:36
I have no idea what to do next.

Spoiler
I've been to the hut in the woods and found the two pieces of paper. There are no new locations and I can't seem to do anything at the locations it allows me to go to, which are home, library, father's office, and the ex-gf's place (Judy?).
[close]

Quote from: Pyschomule on Fri 28/06/2019 03:54:54
Nevermind. Managed to figure that part out. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get into Blake's office

Thank you, I am glad to hear that you managed to figure it out!
Spoiler

You should take the photograph which is on the desk and inspect it.
[close]

Athanor

I'm really enjoying my time with this gem of an adventure! However I do need some help:

Spoiler
I'm at the University and want to get the grumpy geezer to leave his lab. I already opened the electricity box and took the piece of cable but I have absolutely no clue what to do now.
[close]

Thanks!

Vincent

Quote from: Athanor on Sat 29/06/2019 21:09:01
I'm really enjoying my time with this gem of an adventure! However I do need some help:

Spoiler
I'm at the University and want to get the grumpy geezer to leave his lab. I already opened the electricity box and took the piece of cable but I have absolutely no clue what to do now.
[close]

Thanks!

Thanks for your truly kind words, we deeply appreciate it!
Spoiler

Try to inspect the bulletin board, you must find a way to get him out of his office!
[close]

dubaaron

Great game, one of the rare games I was able to finish without help, though I did get stuck for a while on a few things, before I just started trying random things and finally found the solution. : )

Question -- are there multiple endings?
Spoiler
I got the ending where I end up becoming a reptilian and serving them ...
[close]
Is there any other possible ending that might depend on what I do?

Thank you, and thank you for the game. : )

paolo

The power of posting, eh, I am a loser?  :-D

I am stuck in the same place. What did you do to get unstuck?

Vincent

Quote from: dubaaron on Wed 03/07/2019 04:11:46
Great game, one of the rare games I was able to finish without help, though I did get stuck for a while on a few things, before I just started trying random things and finally found the solution. : )

Question -- are there multiple endings?
Spoiler
I got the ending where I end up becoming a reptilian and serving them ...
[close]
Is there any other possible ending that might depend on what I do?

Thank you, and thank you for the game. : )

Hi dubaaron, thanks a lot for your feedback and for your time spent playing the game, we deeply appreciate your truly kind words!
Spoiler

Regarding your question this game contains only an ending!
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: paolo on Wed 03/07/2019 06:20:11

The power of posting, eh, I am a loser?  :-D

I am stuck in the same place. What did you do to get unstuck?

Ehy paolo, I'm glad to hear that you're playing the game at the moment!  :)

Spoiler

Have you ever tried to combine the scissors with the brush?
[close]

gspit1124

I am stuck at the alien puzzle. I've tried every combination. Please help.
Gretchen

Vincent

Quote from: gspit1124 on Fri 05/07/2019 18:20:08
I am stuck at the alien puzzle. I've tried every combination. Please help.
Gretchen

Spoiler

Have you tried to push the buttons let's say more than 20 or 30 times? After this it will pop up an hint button which may it could help you!
[close]

finchottercakes

I'm stuck pretty early on...

Spoiler
how do i disguise myself to talk to the receptionist?
[close]

Edit, read through comments, found answer, thanks! (amazing game btw)

Vincent

Quote from: finchottercakes on Sun 28/07/2019 07:32:34
I'm stuck pretty early on...

Spoiler
how do i disguise myself to talk to the receptionist?
[close]

Edit, read through comments, found answer, thanks! (amazing game btw)

Thanks a lot and you are welcome!  :)

paolo

Stuck again:

Spoiler
I have the items found in the hut but cannot see anything in the cellar. It looks like I need to make a candle, but how do I soften/melt the wax? ??? I don't see anything hot in the game that I could use - there was a radiator in the the reception, but that location is no longer accessible. The game won't let me use the obvious solution of the stove in the kitchen, and Judy and Patricia are no help either. (roll)
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: paolo on Fri 02/08/2019 06:55:15
Stuck again:

Spoiler
I have the items found in the hut but cannot see anything in the cellar. It looks like I need to make a candle, but how do I soften/melt the wax? ??? I don't see anything hot in the game that I could use - there was a radiator in the the reception, but that location is no longer accessible. The game won't let me use the obvious solution of the stove in the kitchen, and Judy and Patricia are no help either. (roll)
[close]

Spoiler

You can make fire in two ways. First of all you should take the wooden and the stick which are located to the shelf at the hut.

1) Combine wooden with the stick while you are inside the hut to make fire

2) First use the wooden at the basket which is located just above the trap door and then use the wooden stick on it to make fire
[close]

Dennis Ploeger

Hey!

Already told you, that you've done some incredible work with this.  :wink:

I'm stuck now, too:

Spoiler

What should I do once I'm finished at the University. I got Blake's diary, the translated page and the blood and skin samples. Also showed everything to Judy but I can't go to Iran or do something else. What am I missing here?
[close]

Thanks.

Kind regards

Dennis
deep

Vincent

Quote from: Dennis Plöger on Sat 10/08/2019 21:30:48
Hey!

Already told you, that you've done some incredible work with this.  :wink:

I'm stuck now, too:

Spoiler

What should I do once I'm finished at the University. I got Blake's diary, the translated page and the blood and skin samples. Also showed everything to Judy but I can't go to Iran or do something else. What am I missing here?
[close]

Thanks.

Kind regards

Dennis

Hey Dennis, thank you very much for your kind words and thanks a lot that you have spent some time on converting the game for mac, we deeply appreciate it.

Spoiler

Now that you have the blood and skin samples you have to find a way to examine them. Have you tried to look at the bulletin board that is in the university?
[close]

Dennis Ploeger

Quote from: Vincent on Sun 11/08/2019 08:37:28
Hey Dennis, thank you very much for your kind words and thanks a lot that you have spent some time on converting the game for mac, we deeply appreciate it.

You're very welcome.   :) Thanks for the tipp!

Kind regards

Dennis
deep

Dennis Ploeger

Ah, stuck again.

Spoiler

The space machine door puzzle. I already triggered the hint which somehow resembled what I was thinking but what about the double symbols where the dot and the bracket are in the same field?
In what order do they have to be pressed? I think I tried both ways, but nothing happens.
[close]

Thanks!

Kind regards

Dennis
deep

Dennis Ploeger

Ugh. I finally understood the puzzle!

Spoiler
The dots were meant like full stops denoting two separate sentences in the diagram. At least that's my explanation and it worked. :)
[close]

Thanks.

Kind regards

Dennis
deep

Vincent

I am glad to hear that you got it worked! ;)

bertolino

Help how do i get the medicine from the pharmacy

Vincent

Quote from: bertolino on Sun 03/11/2019 02:46:43
Help how do i get the medicine from the pharmacy

Hi bertolino, thanks for playing!

Spoiler

You need to talk to the pharmacist twice and after this you should be able to steal something that comes out of the pockets of the trousers of the man who works with the boxes.
[close]

KONEY

Hello, is a complete solution available somewhere?

Thanks

Vincent

Hello, currently there isn't a full walkthrough to view but if you are stuck somewhere you can feel free to post a message here. Otherwise you could have a look on YouTube, there are several players which show a full walkthrough of the game but maybe you might see some unwanted spoilers.

peter

Vincent

Quote from: peter on Mon 06/01/2020 20:41:42
I found one in Dutch!
http://gamesolves.eu5.org/free/free.htm :)

Thanks peter for sharing, I didn't even know about that! :)

memoria

Greetings,

I just played Metaphobia (Steam) and  loved it, but i have trouble figuring out how to unlock one of the achievements.
The achievement is "Have you seen this man..."  Is that David Lynch? There is a post in steam forums that talks about it.
Im curious if is something related to him or his work or is just a wrong assumption. Anyone have any ideas on how to  get it?

Vincent

Greetings memoria, thank you very much for your kind words and for playing the game. The achievement you mentioned "Have you seen this man?" is David Lynch. I'm glad to hear that you have recognize him. Let's say that the achievement is related to something he said on a video that can be found on the internet and the way how the achievement get unlocked has nothing to do with him. At the moment we can't really tell how to get it, this achievement was intended to be an hidden Easter egg but due to some settings on Steam it was more public than we intended it to be.

memoria

Quote from: Vincent on Thu 13/02/2020 18:44:15
Greetings memoria, thank you very much for your kind words and for playing the game. The achievement you mentioned "Have you seen this man?" is David Lynch. I'm glad to hear that you have recognize him. Let's say that the achievement is related to something he said on a video that can be found on the internet but at the moment we can't really tell how to get it.

So it's possible to get right now? is not bugged? It's ok if you can't tell me how to unlock  it, i understand, it's more fun that way. If its not bugged my curiosity is really piqued.  I guess i'll start looking in  Mr. Lynch's interviews  :tongue:

Thanks for your answer  :smiley:

Vincent

Thanks for your understanding, you are welcome. The achievement it's absolutely possible to get so I wish you the best of luck.  :)

memoria

Greetings!

It's me again. There is thousands of videos about very different topics. I'm sorry to come here beggin, but can you  give me a hint?
I've been watching  hours of videos and conferences and now every time i say something i start to wiggle my fingers.  :grin:

Vincent

Greetings! it's such a pleasure to see your dedication to get the achievement, we feel very glad about this. The only hint we could give so far is: "David Lynch is an artist thinking outside the box... Where would you look for him if he was in the game?"  :)

parkolerka

Tell me if i wrong but i think:
Spoiler
Lynch is ingame character, that shows, wave at you when you do "something" and tell a phrase about "It's a such a sadness that you think you've seen a film on your fucking telephone. Get real!"
And i think its happen in main hero room.
[close]

Vincent

I think this is definitely a nice guessing! :)

memoria

Someone in the Steam forums found out! Wow that was nice.  You guys even animated the fingers

Thanks for the help and for bringing Metaphobia to Steam

Vincent

You are welcome and thanks for playing, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :)

jakobhund

Hello!

Spoiler
I'm stuck on the part where you're supposed to ask for the camera from the conspiracy theorist at the museum. I can't get the option to ask for the camera. I've clicked everything there is to click in the museum, yet I get a "I have nothing else to say to him" message when trying to talk to him.
[close]

Vincent

Hi jakobhund!

Spoiler

You can ask for the camera after you interacted with the book in the other room. After you trigger the alarm sound once then you can ask for the camera.
[close]

jakobhund

I see! Thank you for the quick response. Have a great weekend.

Vincent

Thanks a lot you are welcome, have a nice weekend too!

MegaBertz

Wow, after having completed all the questionnaire to register with the aim of only leaving a message to the dev team about their great game Metaphobia, I'm unsure if I should post here at all since this is a Hint/seeking for help section and I don't need any, and had a Warning message in red informing me this thread has been inactive for at least 120 days, asking me to consider whether I should post here or start a new topic. I did a search with Metaphobia keyword for all the board and this was the only topic it found, and having read some of the comments posted that were allowed and well-received, I decided I should give it a go anyway. :)

That being said, my comment is: great game! I particularly liked the fact it ended in a bad, unexpected way. I was expecting like everyone else, the typical find his daughter/Judy maybe set free Winkelstein as a bonus happy ending, and the game would end on a typical love-scene relation between him and his daughter, or him and Judy or his wife, where relations are solved in a positive way. Instead it abruptly ended with Elmstat being trapped and transformed into one of them, taking over supposedly the city his father was trying to save from corruption. Maybe because it was a budget, free game and this was an easy way to end it ? :)

I also enjoyed a lot the story. It touches on many sensitive topics such as mind-control and aliens, even DUMBs, and general spying through the use of computers, all of which are actually true. I see this game as a sort of a soft-disclosure to the alien reality.

We don't get to see many unhappy endings in adventure games. A bit linear gameplay and easy to find solutions, but the dialogues and voices make it up for it! Overall, a good, sound point-and-click adventure free game! Thanks for making it.

Thanyx

Quote from: MegaBertz on Sun 27/09/2020 08:02:25
Wow, after having completed all the questionnaire to register with the aim of only leaving a message to the dev team about their great game Metaphobia, I'm unsure if I should post here at all since this is a Hint/seeking for help section and I don't need any, and had a Warning message in red informing me this thread has been inactive for at least 120 days, asking me to consider whether I should post here or start a new topic. I did a search with Metaphobia keyword for all the board and this was the only topic it found, and having read some of the comments posted that were allowed and well-received, I decided I should give it a go anyway. :)

That being said, my comment is: great game! I particularly liked the fact it ended in a bad, unexpected way. I was expecting like everyone else, the typical find his daughter/Judy maybe set free Winkelstein as a bonus happy ending, and the game would end on a typical love-scene relation between him and his daughter, or him and Judy or his wife, where relations are solved in a positive way. Instead it abruptly ended with Elmstat being trapped and transformed into one of them, taking over supposedly the city his father was trying to save from corruption. Maybe because it was a budget, free game and this was an easy way to end it ? :)

I also enjoyed a lot the story. It touches on many sensitive topics such as mind-control and aliens, even DUMBs, and general spying through the use of computers, all of which are actually true. I see this game as a sort of a soft-disclosure to the alien reality.

We don't get to see many unhappy endings in adventure games. A bit linear gameplay and easy to find solutions, but the dialogues and voices make it up for it! Overall, a good, sound point-and-click adventure free game! Thanks for making it.

Thank you a thousand times! It is so nice of you to go through so much just to write a comment on our game. We really really appreciate that.

We are glad that you liked the ending as it was truly unorthodox and not everyone liked it. Some people say that it was an easy way to end the game, but we just planned to be this way since the very beginning, but again everyone has different opinion and different taste.

Once again, thank you in the name of the whole Digital Mosaic Team.

mkennedy

Spoiler

[close]

This part is also giving me trouble. For reference the poem I'm using is:
Spoiler
Demon dwell temple darkness.
Cut (big snake) dagger hand.
(Mouth water) blood goblet transform
[close]

EDIT: after consulting a walkthrough at Steam I was able to solve the game. The walk through can be found at:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2013911009

Vincent

Thanks for sharing the walkthrough and I am glad you solved the game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk