Metaphobia

Started by lorenzo, Fri 21/06/2019 09:53:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Dkobylarz

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 23/06/2019 13:37:32
Quote from: Wiggy on Sun 23/06/2019 09:05:48
Hi Shadow1000!

Did you pick up a brochure from the table in the museum? That helps a lot if you read it. It helps with the language construction you need.

Cheers!  Wiggy

Yes, I did. As I said, I think that most of us understand what we are trying to do. I just tried it a few more times with no success. It seems that others are having the same experience.

Spoiler

Hey Shadow, Vincent's post above mine should get you started in the correct order. It's definitely not an easy puzzle. My best advice would be to double check all of your symbols, you are most likely clicking some that you think are the best fit, when really there is another symbol that matches much better. I'm not near my computer but at some point today/tomorrow I will be and I can spell out the whole button sequence for you if you'd like.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Dkobylarz on Sun 23/06/2019 14:13:56
Hi Shadow1000!

Did you pick up a brochure from the table in the museum? That helps a lot if you read it. It helps with the language construction you need.

Cheers!  Wiggy

Yes, I did. As I said, I think that most of us understand what we are trying to do. I just tried it a few more times with no success. It seems that others are having the same experience.

Spoiler

Hey Shadow, Vincent's post above mine should get you started in the correct order. It's definitely not an easy puzzle. My best advice would be to double check all of your symbols, you are most likely clicking some that you think are the best fit, when really there is another symbol that matches much better. I'm not near my computer but at some point today/tomorrow I will be and I can spell out the whole button sequence for you if you'd like.
[close]

I agree. I checked Vincent's start and I definitely got that far correctly. I'm probably missing something or making some incorrect assumption. I usually like solving puzzles on my own but I have done this one 11 times so far and nothing happened so I'll wait for the full solution to see where I went wrong.

Thank you.

Dkobylarz

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 23/06/2019 14:33:40
Quote from: Dkobylarz on Sun 23/06/2019 14:13:56
Hi Shadow1000!

Cheers!  Wiggy

Spoiler

[close]

I agree. I checked Vincent's start and I definitely got that far correctly. I'm probably missing something or making some incorrect assumption. I usually like solving puzzles on my own but I have done this one 11 times so far and nothing happened so I'll wait for the full solution to see where I went wrong.

Thank you.

PM sent!

Dkobylarz

Quote from: SarahLiz on Sun 23/06/2019 00:31:45
Gahhh...I'm stuck on the Island puzzle.  I drew out a "map" on paper of each word (or partial word) that's represented by the symbols.  I don't know if I've screwed up royally or what, but I keep trying to no avail.  Please tell me if I'm missing something or mis-translated! 

Spoiler

goblet(2)          cut           demon(1,2)           blood          transform(1)   

snake         demon(3)      darkness        temple

hand          goblet(3)        dagger         demon(4)       water

big             transform(2)/mouth      dwell      goblet(1)

[close]

Does this remotely look correct (sorry if my "drawing" seems weird or confusing!  Hope you are able to see what I'm trying to show you)?  I've clicked the poem about a million times and it doesn't work.  I'm so frustrated!!

PM sent!

SarahLiz

Thank you for the PM!  I understood everything you were saying previously and HOW the puzzle needed to be solved, but like Shadow I knew something somehow got messed up in translation, and no clue where it could be.  I think I spent well over 2 hours trying to figure out where I went wrong.  This was a really tough puzzle for me.

Spoiler

I obviously didn't read the brochure as carefully as I thought.  In my translation notes I had written down  "drink = water + mouth" instead of "MOUTH + WATER".  A small oversight that screwed up the whole dang thing!

[close]

Anyway, I finally got through it just now and paused to write a quick note on the boards.  Now back to the game!   ;-D

Shadow1000

Quote from: SarahLiz on Sun 23/06/2019 18:21:25
Thank you for the PM!  I understood everything you were saying previously and HOW the puzzle needed to be solved, but like Shadow I knew something somehow got messed up in translation, and no clue where it could be.  I think I spent well over 2 hours trying to figure out where I went wrong.  This was a really tough puzzle for me.

Spoiler

I obviously didn't read the brochure as carefully as I thought.  In my translation notes I had written down  "drink = water + mouth" instead of "MOUTH + WATER".  A small oversight that screwed up the whole dang thing!

[close]

Anyway, I finally got through it just now and paused to write a quick note on the boards.  Now back to the game!   ;-D

I actually don't know where I went wrong the first 11 times! I made the mistake you described the first time but then double checked and corrected it for the next 10 times. Who knows... :)

Kweepa

Really enjoying the game.
Slight early plot spoiler:
Spoiler

Judy is really harsh to the main character, given that his dad just died and she has no idea why he disappeared for years.
[close]
I have no idea what to do in the pharmacy...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Vincent

Thanks for all your feedback guys, we deeply appreciate it everytime!  :)

Quote from: Kweepa on Sun 23/06/2019 19:26:12
Really enjoying the game.
Slight early plot spoiler:
Spoiler

Judy is really harsh to the main character, given that his dad just died and she has no idea why he disappeared for years.
[close]
I have no idea what to do in the pharmacy...

Thank you very much for enjoying the game!  :)

Spoiler

Asking "Medicine" two times to the pharmacist you should be able to steal something that comes out of the pockets of the trousers of the man who works with the boxes.
[close]

SarahLiz

Kweepa:

Spoiler
  after talking to the pharmacist (who's obviously no help)...have you tried interacting with the delivery guy again? 
[close]

Kweepa

Oh...
Spoiler

I have exhausted the conversational options with the pharmacist, but when I try to interact with the delivery guy I just get called a pervert.
Does it require pixel perfect clicking, or better timing, or both?
EDIT: worked first time, once I knew that was what I was supposed to be doing... :)
[close]
Thanks!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Vincent

Quote from: Kweepa on Sun 23/06/2019 19:58:47
Oh...
Spoiler

I have exhausted the conversational options with the pharmacist, but when I try to interact with the delivery guy I just get called a pervert.
Does it require pixel perfect clicking, or better timing, or both?
[close]
Thanks!

Spoiler
Ahah it require only a better timing... when he is crouching.
[close]

Khris

I'm badly stuck at
Spoiler
the museum. Trying to get the Draconium, trying to film the guard typing the code I guess but no clue what to do
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: Khris on Sun 23/06/2019 21:23:56
I'm badly stuck at
Spoiler
the museum. Trying to get the Draconium, trying to film the guard typing the code I guess but no clue what to do
[close]

Spoiler

• place the camera on the shelf

• interact with the camera to record

• touch the Draconium

• take the camera

• right click on the inventory item camera to learn the code
[close]

Khris

I completely missed the
Spoiler
shelf for some reason; kinda embarrassing, given how prominent it is :)
However I'm still stuck; I disabled the alarm but cannot take the book. Tried lots of things with the cheese and water, can't leave or call anybody. :-[
[close]

Vincent

Quote from: Khris on Sun 23/06/2019 21:57:20
I completely missed the
Spoiler
shelf for some reason; kinda embarrassing, given how prominent it is :)
However I'm still stuck; I disabled the alarm but cannot take the book. Tried lots of things with the cheese and water, can't leave or call anybody. :-[
[close]

Spoiler

haha I am sorry but it's too expensive to call somebody from Iran! :-D Please try to use the cheese bar somewhere! ;)
[close]

Khris

Thanks, finished it.  :-D

Vincent

Quote from: Khris on Mon 24/06/2019 00:00:38
Thanks, finished it.  :-D

I am happy to hear that you finished the game by now!  :-D Thank you very much for playing it means a lot to me!

TGames

I know this is super early in the game but...
Spoiler
How on Earth do I get a library card, I've revisited every location I have access to and tried using all of my items on everything.
[close]

Dkobylarz

Quote from: TGames on Tue 25/06/2019 21:11:05
I know this is super early in the game but...
Spoiler
How on Earth do I get a library card, I've revisited every location I have access to and tried using all of my items on everything.
[close]

hint 1:
Spoiler

Speak to the Librarian. Also, speak to the old man in the library. He is looking for something...
[close]

hint 2:
Spoiler

In Carl's Office, there's a bookshelf. In that bookshelf, is a phone book. Give the phonebook to the old man in the library and he will let you borrow the card.
[close]

TGames

I must be experiencing a glitch, durq pm'd me about it.

Spoiler
I have already given the old man a phonebook but now I can't talk to him.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk