Metaphobia

Started by lorenzo, Fri 21/06/2019 09:53:33

Previous topic - Next topic

memoria

Someone in the Steam forums found out! Wow that was nice.  You guys even animated the fingers

Thanks for the help and for bringing Metaphobia to Steam

Vincent

You are welcome and thanks for playing, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :)

jakobhund

Hello!

Spoiler
I'm stuck on the part where you're supposed to ask for the camera from the conspiracy theorist at the museum. I can't get the option to ask for the camera. I've clicked everything there is to click in the museum, yet I get a "I have nothing else to say to him" message when trying to talk to him.
[close]

Vincent

Hi jakobhund!

Spoiler

You can ask for the camera after you interacted with the book in the other room. After you trigger the alarm sound once then you can ask for the camera.
[close]

jakobhund

I see! Thank you for the quick response. Have a great weekend.

Vincent

Thanks a lot you are welcome, have a nice weekend too!

MegaBertz

Wow, after having completed all the questionnaire to register with the aim of only leaving a message to the dev team about their great game Metaphobia, I'm unsure if I should post here at all since this is a Hint/seeking for help section and I don't need any, and had a Warning message in red informing me this thread has been inactive for at least 120 days, asking me to consider whether I should post here or start a new topic. I did a search with Metaphobia keyword for all the board and this was the only topic it found, and having read some of the comments posted that were allowed and well-received, I decided I should give it a go anyway. :)

That being said, my comment is: great game! I particularly liked the fact it ended in a bad, unexpected way. I was expecting like everyone else, the typical find his daughter/Judy maybe set free Winkelstein as a bonus happy ending, and the game would end on a typical love-scene relation between him and his daughter, or him and Judy or his wife, where relations are solved in a positive way. Instead it abruptly ended with Elmstat being trapped and transformed into one of them, taking over supposedly the city his father was trying to save from corruption. Maybe because it was a budget, free game and this was an easy way to end it ? :)

I also enjoyed a lot the story. It touches on many sensitive topics such as mind-control and aliens, even DUMBs, and general spying through the use of computers, all of which are actually true. I see this game as a sort of a soft-disclosure to the alien reality.

We don't get to see many unhappy endings in adventure games. A bit linear gameplay and easy to find solutions, but the dialogues and voices make it up for it! Overall, a good, sound point-and-click adventure free game! Thanks for making it.

Thanyx

Quote from: MegaBertz on Sun 27/09/2020 08:02:25
Wow, after having completed all the questionnaire to register with the aim of only leaving a message to the dev team about their great game Metaphobia, I'm unsure if I should post here at all since this is a Hint/seeking for help section and I don't need any, and had a Warning message in red informing me this thread has been inactive for at least 120 days, asking me to consider whether I should post here or start a new topic. I did a search with Metaphobia keyword for all the board and this was the only topic it found, and having read some of the comments posted that were allowed and well-received, I decided I should give it a go anyway. :)

That being said, my comment is: great game! I particularly liked the fact it ended in a bad, unexpected way. I was expecting like everyone else, the typical find his daughter/Judy maybe set free Winkelstein as a bonus happy ending, and the game would end on a typical love-scene relation between him and his daughter, or him and Judy or his wife, where relations are solved in a positive way. Instead it abruptly ended with Elmstat being trapped and transformed into one of them, taking over supposedly the city his father was trying to save from corruption. Maybe because it was a budget, free game and this was an easy way to end it ? :)

I also enjoyed a lot the story. It touches on many sensitive topics such as mind-control and aliens, even DUMBs, and general spying through the use of computers, all of which are actually true. I see this game as a sort of a soft-disclosure to the alien reality.

We don't get to see many unhappy endings in adventure games. A bit linear gameplay and easy to find solutions, but the dialogues and voices make it up for it! Overall, a good, sound point-and-click adventure free game! Thanks for making it.

Thank you a thousand times! It is so nice of you to go through so much just to write a comment on our game. We really really appreciate that.

We are glad that you liked the ending as it was truly unorthodox and not everyone liked it. Some people say that it was an easy way to end the game, but we just planned to be this way since the very beginning, but again everyone has different opinion and different taste.

Once again, thank you in the name of the whole Digital Mosaic Team.

mkennedy

Quote from: SarahLiz on Sun 23/06/2019 00:31:45
Gahhh...I'm stuck on the Island puzzle.  I drew out a "map" on paper of each word (or partial word) that's represented by the symbols.  I don't know if I've screwed up royally or what, but I keep trying to no avail.  Please tell me if I'm missing something or mis-translated! 
Spoiler

goblet(2)          cut           demon(1,2)           blood          transform(1)   

snake         demon(3)      darkness        temple

hand          goblet(3)        dagger         demon(4)       water

big             transform(2)/mouth      dwell      goblet(1)
[close]

Does this remotely look correct (sorry if my "drawing" seems weird or confusing!  Hope you are able to see what I'm trying to show you)?  I've clicked the poem about a million times and it doesn't work.  I'm so frustrated!!
This part is also giving me trouble. For reference the poem I'm using is:
Spoiler
Demon dwell temple darkness.
Cut (big snake) dagger hand.
(Mouth water) blood goblet transform
[close]

EDIT: after consulting a walkthrough at Steam I was able to solve the game. The walk through can be found at:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2013911009

Vincent

Thanks for sharing the walkthrough and I am glad you solved the game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk