Brassheart - a dieselpunk adventure game

Started by HexyStudio, Thu 27/06/2019 13:16:41

Previous topic - Next topic

HexyStudio

About:
Brassheart is a meticulously designed 2D Point & Click adventure game set in the alternative world of 1920s, inspired by the dieselpunk aesthetics and the classics of the genre.
In the world of Brassheart, Pola Zagórska follows the clues that may provide a way to save her father kidnapped by his own invention, a rebellious supermachine, Valkiria.
Pola has to set off on a journey and find parts of the mysterious invention scattered all over the world, for they are her only chance to stop the sinister machine, end the era of mechanical terror and save her father.

Game Teaser:

Features:
Discover the world of Brassheart —  Admire many meticulously designed 2D locations and a unique graphic style inspired by dieselpunk and cartoons.
Enjoy the dieselpunk setting — Welcome in the alternative reality of 1920s, the age of global turmoil and brilliant technologies born out of science and creativity.
Experience captivating story — Follow Pola's steps in her quest against the immeasurable power of Valkiria and unearth her father's enigmatic inventions.
Meet the colorful characters — On your way you will meet a lot of interesting figures: barons and countesses entangled in high-society intrigues, spies, criminals, adventurers and inventors.
Solve the puzzles with Pascal — Fix mechanisms, solve puzzles and come up with creative solutions to head-scratching problems. Your companion on the journey, automaton Pascal is ready to offer you helpful hints at any time!

Estimated Release Date: 2019

Screenshots:

Monsieur OUXX

TheFrighter

Look as a Pendulo Studios product!  :-D
You work for them, Hexy?

_

Privateer Puddin'

Frodo

This looks fun.   :smiley:
Really looking forward to playing this.

HexyStudio

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 27/06/2019 16:09:20
This is made with AGS?

Hi! The game is made with unity, I posted it in the wrong place but topic has been already moved to a proper forum :smiley:

Quote from: TheFrighter on Thu 27/06/2019 16:30:03

Look as a Pendulo Studios product!  :-D
You work for them, Hexy?

_

Hi! No, we do not, but thanks for this comparison and appreciation of our work :wink:

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 28/06/2019 03:22:01
This looks fun.   :smiley:
Really looking forward to playing this.

Hi!
Thanks you very much for kind words. We encourage you to follow us in the coming months, we will post more updates :smiley:

I knew that I forgot about something guys. Here it is, link to our profile on Steam.
Take a look and do not hesitate to add us to your wishlist! :grin:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1072550/Brassheart/

Frodo

Hmmm, any plans for a DRM-free release, so not forced to use steam?

HexyStudio

Quote from: Frodo on Sat 29/06/2019 14:59:50

At this moment we can confirm only Steam platform, but keep your fingers crossed for us, and maybe one day you'll see a DRM-free release as well:)

Mandle

Frodo

Quote from: HexyStudio on Sun 30/06/2019 21:42:02

At this moment we can confirm only Steam platform, but keep your fingers crossed for us, and maybe one day you'll see a DRM-free release as well:)

That's such a shame you're only putting it on steam.   :undecided:
It looks amazing, but I don't use games with steam-DRM attached. 

Cassiebsg

Looks beautiful, good luck with it.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

HexyStudio

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 30/06/2019 23:49:28
Argh! Such beauty! My eyes!

We love reading such comments! Thank you very much for the appreciation!  :)
We will post more visuals in the following months.

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 30/06/2019 23:54:31
Quote from: HexyStudio on Sun 30/06/2019 21:42:02

That's such a shame you're only putting it on steam.   :undecided:
It looks amazing, but I don't use games with steam-DRM attached.

Believe or not, but we really want to be on other platforms, and we will work hard to achieve it  :-D

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 01/07/2019 13:24:47
Looks beautiful, good luck with it.  (nod)

Thank you very much for the kind words! (nod)

Blondbraid

This looks like a fantastic game, I just added it to my whishlist on Steam!

DBoyWheeler

Wow!  For a non-AGS adventure game, this looks really cool.

Figured I'd help get the word out via my WordPress blog.  Good luck with getting this completed--I'd love to see someone do an LP of this.  Maybe even someday try it out myself.

HexyStudio

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 04/07/2019 16:41:43
This looks like a fantastic game, I just added it to my whishlist on Steam!

Hi Blondbraid! Thank you very much for the kind words! Please, follow us in the coming months:)

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Fri 05/07/2019 10:47:11
Wow!  For a non-AGS adventure game, this looks really cool.

Figured I'd help get the word out via my WordPress blog.  Good luck with getting this completed--I'd love to see someone do an LP of this.  Maybe even someday try it out myself.

Hi DBoyWheeler! Thank you for the appreciation!
If you could spread the word about Brassheart, we would be grateful!
If you need more materials about the game, you can find them on:

Game presskit
https://hexy.studio/brassheart/press/sheet.php?p=Brassheart

Steam game profile
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1072550/Brassheart/

IndieDB game profile
https://www.indiedb.com/games/brassheart

We encourage you to make a Let's Play in the future then:) We will watch it with pleasure!

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: HexyStudio on Fri 05/07/2019 12:49:48

We encourage you to make a Let's Play in the future then:) We will watch it with pleasure!

Sure, hopefully there's a walkthrough to help me play it before making a video.  I kinda have this mindset of "know before you go", so to speak.

HexyStudio

Hi everyone!

This time we would like to give you some insights into the main characters of Brassheart.
Besides Pola, a spunky pilot, and her father, a brilliant engineer, prof. Zagórski, we want to tell you more about Pola's companions that will support her throughout the game - a clever little automaton Pascal, a perfect mechanic Manfred and an eccentric painter Tamara.
Although today we're focusing on the good guys, it does not mean we will not bring more details about the rebellious supermachine Valkiria and her loyal troops in the future ;)

Which character seems the most interesting to you? ;)

Ben X

Regarding DRM, I often hear it said that Steam does not enforce it - developers are able to put games on Steam without it if they wish. Not sure how true this is, or if there are Steam-specific drawbacks to doing it, but might be worth looking into...

The game looks gorgeous, by the way!

Frodo

Quote from: Ben X on Thu 08/08/2019 07:54:41
Regarding DRM, I often hear it said that Steam does not enforce it - developers are able to put games on Steam without it if they wish. Not sure how true this is, or if there are Steam-specific drawbacks to doing it, but might be worth looking into...

The game looks gorgeous, by the way!

Are you aware that you can't even download a game from steam, without being forced to install the stupid steam client?

Ben X

Yes. But that often is not counted as DRM in these discussions, which mainly refer to not being able to download a standalone copy. Please refer to my proviso "not sure how true this is" - I'm not positioning myself as an expert here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk