The One That Remains

Started by Durinde, Fri 28/06/2019 21:07:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Durinde

Well, because I needed more reason to procrastinate on "Before you wake"..... AND my ego was starting to get inflated, I decided to enter myself into a contest with people who have actual talent. This was my entry to Adventure Jam 2019.

First off, I would like to thank Jojo_the_monkey for offering to do the music. What he brought to the project certainly added a lot in terms of the atmosphere.

2st, the game REALLY needs a grammar/spelling pass, it was kinda low on my list of need to do to game a somewhat functional game out the door in the time limit.

Picture of a 3 bananas: Instructions in the game will both be given verbally, and through text boxes. If you don't want for the audio narration to finish playing, just click through the text boxes to see what your instructions are. JAMBot can listen to audio AND perform tasks at the same time.

Point C: Look at the lights and machinery in the game. Since you are a robot, that is where pieces of the story are found.

Trigger Warning:
Spoiler
This game makes a reference to self-harm.
[close]

Synopsis:

You are the Janitor and Maintenance bot (JAMBot for short)on the "Northwest Passage"  a processing station in orbit around a planetoid in deep space. Tragedy has struck the station, and it is up to you to carry out the duties assigned to you by the one remaining human (*nudge nudge*).

Screenshot:

Download links:

https://gamejolt.com/games/TOTR/418580
https://durinde.itch.io/the-one-that-remains

If for some reason you want to follow me on twitter:

@Durindeplays

CaptainD

I must take a look at this, and since you decided not to take up my offer of proof reading I will roundly criticise any typos or grammatical errors I find!  (laugh)

Durinde

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 28/06/2019 21:55:45
I must take a look at this, and since you decided not to take up my offer of proof reading I will roundly criticise any typos or grammatical errors I find!  (laugh)

I didn't have much written by the time you went on vacation  ;-D

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the game.  :-D

I'll give you the first typo:
2st, the game REALLY needs a grammar/spelling pass

Nice place to illustrate the need.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Quote from: Durinde on Fri 28/06/2019 21:57:03
Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 28/06/2019 21:55:45

I didn't have much written by the time you went on vacation  ;-D

I suppose that's a reasonable excuse!  8-)

Jojo_the_monkey

Durinde, thank you a lot for your kind words! :cheesy: I am looking forward for your next projects!
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk