AGS WEREWOLF GAME 5 (Phase: End)

Started by Sinitrena, Mon 08/07/2019 17:46:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Well, time to get down to the game I guess.

With 5 players I suspect there is only one murderer.

There's probably one seer.

That means 3 people are probably just normal civilian population of the city.

Given that we don't know roles then, who to trust?

If anyone trusts me please PM me and we can talk.

Riaise

Yeah, that's similar to what I was thinking. There could be both a psychic and a doctor, but I would think it's more likely that there's only one of them with so few players. So one murderer, one doctor or psychic, and three normals.

Not that it makes much difference at this stage. There's no way of knowing who to trust yet and I'm not about to go trusting just anyone. Not this time, anyway. :P

josiah1221

One murderer, a psychic/doctor and 3 civilians seems like the most likely set up. So I think we can all agree that lynching is out of the question on Day 1 considering how risky it would be with such a limited number of players.

ZPV DBO USVTU NF

Mandle

I'll fairly sure at this point that the 3 non-power-role Town players are:

Myself,
VampireWombat,
josiah1221.

(I don't want to reveal the method I used to determine this just yet as new evidence may still come to light.)

So either Stupot or Riaise are the Scum (if there is only one Scum).

It doesn't really matter if we lynch the Seer by mistake at this point as we can just lynch the remaining person on Day 2.

I find Riaise suspicious for the same reason I can't mention just yet.

Vote To Lynch: Riaise

Riaise

Thank you, I'm honoured. :P I'm not the murderer, but I'm pretty sure you must already know that.

I agree with Josiah, there's no reason to lynch anyone today. Despite Mandle's mystical method, there's a much higher chance of lynching an innocent player than finding the murderer. And, obviously, I don't want to be lynched, so...

Vote to lynch: None

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Mon 22/07/2019 10:23:01
I'm not the murderer, but I'm pretty sure you must already know that.

I don't know that at all, but nice shade-throwing!  (laugh)

VampireWombat

I'm sorry...

Stupot

I'm also up for not lynching anyone this time.

I was actually wondering if none of us are the murderer, or even sinitrena herself, but that would be very devious. Good experiment though.

Vote to lynch: nobody.

VampireWombat

That is a good point, Stupot. Kind of like the Sabrina the Teenage Witch episode where Sabrina's class goes to Salem and they're given role cards, with one supposed to be a witch. Then at the end the teacher who made the cards said there never was a witch card. It would be kind of fun(ny) if we lynched everyone and it turned out everyone was innocent...

Mandle

Okay, here's the method I used to determine who were the normal townfolk:

I noticed, through my own role info, that the normal townfolk have the unusual title of "Civilian" so I threw that out there in my post in what I hoped was a subtle way guessing that anyone other than a normal townfolk didn't know that label yet:

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 21/07/2019 17:21:57

I got a reply from Vampire Wombat mentioning the "Civilian" label in particular, meaning I could pretty much trust him.

Then Josiah122? posted this:

Quote from: josiah1221 on Mon 22/07/2019 05:12:09
One murderer, a psychic/doctor and 3 civilians seems like the most likely set up. So I think we can all agree that lynching is out of the question on Day 1 considering how risky it would be with such a limited number of players.

ZPV DBO USVTU NF

His code reads "YOU CAN TRUST ME", but that was beside the point. He mentioned the word "Civilian" which was enough for me.

So, either Riaise or Stupot are the Scum.

If we lynch one today and get it wrong we can lynch the other tomorrow and get it right.

Vote Riaise!

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 22/07/2019 13:37:22
I'm also up for not lynching anyone this time.

I was actually wondering if none of us are the murderer, or even sinitrena herself, but that would be very devious. Good experiment though.

Vote to lynch: nobody.

That's actually a very possible theory. Would be awesome! But I'm gonna play as if it's an actual game for now.

Sinitrena

Blue Cup Harold

22. July 1889

Acknowledgements and Corrections

In our edition dated 20. July 1889 we mistakenly identified one of the suspects in the Adventurer's Murders case as one josiah1225. No such person exists. The suspect's name is josiah1221.

[…]

Adventurer's Murders: Police Releases Suspects

The five suspects in the Adventurer's Murders Case, who were suddenly arrested just the day before (see yesterday's edition) despite the police officially insisting up until that point that the Blue Cup Harold's information about these individuals was wrong, were released again just as suddenly.

This group of five people, who seem to have little in common on first glance (see page 12: Who are the Suspects?), still remain the only viable suspects, according to our sources. Hard evidence seems to connect each of these individuals with at least one of the crime scenes, though it was not possible for our reporters to gather the nature of this evidence. Nor were any official speakers for the police willing to comment on the reason of this sudden release.

[…]

Adventurer's Murders: Is the Police Failing the People?
An opinion piece by Ms. Eden

With the release of the five suspects, the police shows once again its incompetence. That should not be surprising by now, considering their apparent inability to stop the gruesome murders from taking place for four weeks by now.

Their real incompetence becomes clear once you look at the timetable of the murders: With one every three days, tonight will be the next one, and still they released the only suspects they have. Can we really trust the police to stop another murder from happening? Or do we, the people, need to take matters into our own hands? Mine is not the first voice to advocate a hands on approach from our civilian population.

[…]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have two votes to lynch Riaise. This is not a majority vote, so the Day Phase ends without a lynching.

Night 1 starts now and all players with abilities should send me their orders. All players may send in Last Words. Also, should someone wish to die in a specific way, just add it to your Last Words and if you do get killed, I'll try to follow your request (the same if you want to kill someone in a specific way).

The Night Phase will last about 24 hours. There are no posts allowed here until the next Day Phase.

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat - alive
Mandle - alive
Riaise - alive
Stupot - alive
josiah1221 â€" alive
[close]

Current Phase: Night 1

Sinitrena

Blue Cup Harold
23. July 1889

Adventurer's Murderer Strikes Again

The seemingly endless stream of murders that holds our city in its grip shows no sign of ceasing. Tonight, the murderer claimed his latest victim.

Vampire Wombat, who we identified as both a potential perpetrator as well as potential victim in our edition of 20. July, was found in the early hours of the morning. Following a report of a loud noise from the old fortress on Monkey-Island-Street, the police arrived on the scene of the crime at 5.03 am. The body of Mr. Wombat was found half inside one of the old cannons on the balustrade of the fortress. Both his legs and arms were bound. A speaker of the police confirmed that Mr. Wombat was stuffed into the bore and then the cannon was fired, resulting in yet another gruesome and absurd death.

The method alone confirms the connection of this death to the other Adventurer's Murders.

At the time of the printing of this newspaper, the other four suspects were still free. The police was not forthcoming as to their next steps. Therefore, we urge our readers to keep vigilant and on the lookout for anything suspicious.

----------------

Who shoots people out of cannons? Your lovely host does.  ;)

VampireWombat is dead. He had no special role and offered no last words.

Players:
Spoiler
VampireWombat â€" shot out of a cannon in Night 1
Mandle - alive
Riaise - alive
Stupot - alive
josiah1221 â€" alive
[close]

Day 2 begins now and the thread is open for discussions and lynchings for all our players except the killed ones.

It will end on Thursday, between 5 and 8 pm.

Current Phase: Day 2

Riaise

Poor Wombat. What a gruesome way to go. 8-0

Anyway, on with the game. Mandle's suspicions are partly correct. I am not a normal civilian, I am a psychic and because Mandle worked out who the normal civilians were, last night I scanned Stupot and he is, indeed, the murderer. So now it's up to Mandle and Josiah to decide whether they believe me. Which brings me to the interesting conclusion that I should have lynched myself yesterday, because then they could be certain of who the murderer is. But I didn't think far enough ahead and assumed that my role was too important to throw away, so apologies.

Vote to lynch: Stupot

josiah1221

Hmmm, who to trust... Mandle figured out the "civilians". Now Riaise comes out as the psychic, all while Stupot has been pretty quiet...

Well, we have lost one civilian, so that only leaves me and one other, plus the psychic (if there is one) and the murderer.

So either Riaise is the murderer, which is why she has suddenly come out as the psychic trying to turn the attention away from herself, but if that was the case it seems she would have more than likely voted for Mandle since he drew first blood. Or she is the psychic and did indeed scan Stupot, and in turn, found out he is the murder.

At this point it's pretty obvious that myself and Mandle are indeed civilians.

So either Riaise or Stupot are the murderer.

I am curious to hear what Stupot has to say before I decide on who to vote for.

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Tue 23/07/2019 19:52:01
Poor Wombat. What a gruesome way to go. 8-0

Anyway, on with the game. Mandle's suspicions are partly correct. I am not a normal civilian, I am a psychic and because Mandle worked out who the normal civilians were, last night I scanned Stupot and he is, indeed, the murderer. So now it's up to Mandle and Josiah to decide whether they believe me. Which brings me to the interesting conclusion that I should have lynched myself yesterday, because then they could be certain of who the murderer is. But I didn't think far enough ahead and assumed that my role was too important to throw away, so apologies.

Vote to lynch: Stupot

Reply In Case You Are Telling The Truth: Well played! And, naw, you shouldn't have lynched yourself because what if I was the Murderer and had also been privy in my intro PM to the fact that Town players were called Civilians? This was an option I kind didn't mention on purpose yesterday and I'm kind of surprised no one else brought it up. Anyway, I knew it wasn't the case for me but it could also have been the case for VW and Josiah. However, seeing as there was no third player mentioning the term "Civilian" in PM or ingame post I figured we were pretty safe.

Reply In Case You Are Lying: Well played, you sneaky so-and-so!  (nod)

Mandle

Well, an interesting choice now, and if we choose wrong that's game over.

All we really have to go on is the murder of Vampire Wombat.

If Riaise really is the Seer then Stupot killed VW. Why would he do this when he would be 99% sure that Riaise is the Seer? He would have killed her, knowing that she would scan him, to prevent his role being busted. Wouldn't he?

If Stupot is the Seer then Riaise killed VW. She wouldn't have been able to kill Stupot as that would have revealed his Seer role and she would be the obvious lynch today. This would have been an auto-lose for her. She would have figured out, quite cleverly, that the only chance she stood was to keep the Seer role in doubt and claim it for herself ASAP in this day phase and then it would be her word against Stupot's, giving her at least a 50/50 chance of a win.

So, for now:

Stupot

Damn. Poor Wombie.

I am not the murderer. I'm the psychic. I scanned Mandle because I thought he was the murderer. But I can confirm Mandle has no special role. Riaise is surely the murderer! My thinking was that Mandle was playing some mind games when he said about Josiah and Wombat both saying ‘civilian' but I noticed that Wombat never actually said that word, so it didn't really make sense to me. That's why I scanned him.

I thought for sure Riaise would kill me because if she believed Mandle's theory was correct then she'd know I'm the psychic. Still not sure why she left me alive. Perhaps killing me would mean she was the only ‘non civilian' left so she would just be lynched anyway. I dunno. All I know is that regardless of the ‘civilian' question, the fact that Riaise is claiming me to be the murderer means that SHE is the murderer.

Vote to lynch: Riaise

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 24/07/2019 00:40:37
Damn. Poor Wombie.

I am not the murderer. I'm the psychic. I scanned Mandle because I thought he was the murderer. But I can confirm Mandle has no special role. Riaise is surely the murderer! My thinking was that Mandle was playing some mind games when he said about Josiah and Wombat both saying ‘civilian' but I noticed that Wombat never actually said that word, so it didn't really make sense to me. That's why I scanned him.

I thought for sure Riaise would kill me because if she believed Mandle's theory was correct then she'd know I'm the psychic. Still not sure why she left me alive. Perhaps killing me would mean she was the only ‘non civilian' left so she would just be lynched anyway. I dunno. All I know is that regardless of the ‘civilian' question, the fact that Riaise is claiming me to be the murderer means that SHE is the murderer.

Vote to lynch: Riaise

Hmmmm, I did say in my post:

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 22/07/2019 16:45:47
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 21/07/2019 17:21:57

I got a reply from Vampire Wombat mentioning the "Civilian" label in particular, meaning I could pretty much trust him.

Then Josiah122? posted this:

Quote from: josiah1221 on Mon 22/07/2019 05:12:09

ZPV DBO USVTU NF

This makes it kind of clear that VW PMed me but I guess this could have been misconstrued if you were quickly scanning the post and not paying too much attention.

But these words of yours concern me:

I thought for sure Riaise would kill me because if she believed Mandle's theory was correct then she'd know I'm the psychic.

You have contradicted yourself.

You said you scanned me because you thought I was the scum player, and yet you were worried about Riaise killing you during the night?

If you were so worried about that, surely you would have scanned Riaise and not me? Explain please.

One other thing that gives me pause (either way) :

You say:

I can confirm Mandle has no special role.

This is indeed the exact term that Sinitrena used in her last post concerning VW, but you also knew that. You could just be using this term (and bolding it) to play into my mindset of looking for hints in the language being used by players.

Very concerning and confusing at the same time.

Mandle

Oh, and I realized that my logic of why Riaise wouldn't have killed the Seer also applies to Stupot so that was faulty thinking on my part.

I'm waiting on something and then might be changing my vote.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk