AGS WEREWOLF GAME 5 (Phase: End)

Started by Sinitrena, Mon 08/07/2019 17:46:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Actually, this is damning enough for me:

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 24/07/2019 00:40:37
I scanned Mandle because I thought he was the murderer...

and then later in the same post:

I thought for sure Riaise would kill me...

Vote To Lynch: Stupot

Mandle

My vote stands until Stupot can try to explain this apparent self-contradiction.

Stupot

@Mandle. What I mean is that IF your theory was correct the Riaise would definitely be the killer so it would have been a waste to scan her as she would have killed me anyway (although it turned out she didn't). So I was playing with my idea that you were the murderer. If you were, there was still a chance you wouldn't have killed me and I would know whether or not you were the murderer.

Also, that ‘no special role' thing is just copy and pasted. I bolded it to show that's exactly how she presented it in my PM.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 24/07/2019 01:24:07
@Mandle. What I mean is that IF your theory was correct the Riaise would definitely be the killer so it would have been a waste to scan her as she would have killed me anyway (although it turned out she didn't). So I was playing with my idea that you were the murderer. If you were, there was still a chance you wouldn't have killed me and I would know whether or not you were the murderer.

Also, that ‘no special role' thing is just copy and pasted. I bolded it to show that's exactly how she presented it in my PM.

Makes sense to me!

And, as I know Riaise is much sneakier at these kind of things than Stupot (hopefully)...

Vote To Lynch: Riaise

josiah1221

With what has recently been said and revealed I feel that Riaise is most likely the murderer, rather than Stupot, just because of how it has played out thus far.

Let's hope we are right, otherwise we're good as dead!

Vote to lynch: Riaise

Mandle

Quote from: josiah1221 on Wed 24/07/2019 02:43:58
With what has recently been said and revealed I feel that Riaise is most likely the murderer, rather than Stupot, just because of how it has played out thus far.

Let's hope we are right, otherwise we're good as dead!

Vote to lynch: Riaise

If we are wrong, and Stupot fooled us then it's okay because I live only a short while from him and will go around and... congratulate him and buy him a beer, not punch him in the nose at all.

Sinitrena

Hey, no threats against the real life personas of other players, not even in jest. (I don't believe for a second you were serious, that's just where I draw the line.)

Mandle

Quote from: Sinitrena on Wed 24/07/2019 06:02:42
Hey, no threats against the real life personas of other players, not even in jest. (I don't believe for a second you were serious, that's just where I draw the line.)

Okay, withdrawn. I will never punch Stupot in the nose ever again.

Riaise

Well, reading through these posts has been a rollercoaster! (laugh)

Firstly, let me reply to/comment on the previous posts:

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 24/07/2019 00:18:24
Reply In Case You Are Telling The Truth: Well played! And, naw, you shouldn't have lynched yourself because what if I was the Murderer and had also been privy in my intro PM to the fact that Town players were called Civilians? This was an option I kind didn't mention on purpose yesterday and I'm kind of surprised no one else brought it up.
It didn't even occur to me that the murderer may have been privy to that info. Why would they? My own role info literally just stated my role and nothing else (other than Sinitrena saying that the game would start shortly), so why would the murderer get extra information? That's why, once you'd revealed your method, I was certain that you must have been telling the truth. In my mind, there's no way you'd have known that Sinitrena used the term "civilian" if you weren't one yourself.

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 24/07/2019 00:31:54
If Stupot is the Seer then Riaise killed VW. She wouldn't have been able to kill Stupot as that would have revealed his Seer role and she would be the obvious lynch today. This would have been an auto-lose for her. She would have figured out, quite cleverly, that the only chance she stood was to keep the Seer role in doubt and claim it for herself ASAP in this day phase and then it would be her word against Stupot's, giving her at least a 50/50 chance of a win.
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 24/07/2019 01:09:20
Oh, and I realized that my logic of why Riaise wouldn't have killed the Seer also applies to Stupot so that was faulty thinking on my part.
Please keep this in mind. The logic is absolutely correct, you've just applied it the wrong way around in the first instance.

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 24/07/2019 01:06:06
I thought for sure Riaise would kill me because if she believed Mandle's theory was correct then she'd know I'm the psychic.

You have contradicted yourself.
Yes, he has. So would you rather trust someone who has contradicted themselves and had to come up with an explanation later, or someone who has not contradicted themselves at all?

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 24/07/2019 01:24:07
So, if I was the murderer then I would definitely kill you, but if Mandle was the murderer then he probably wouldn't? What? Also, if the psychic is killed then their last scan is revealed anyway, so no scan is wasted. Surely this is something that the psychic should know? ;)

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 24/07/2019 01:38:13
And, as I know Riaise is much sneakier at these kind of things than Stupot (hopefully)...
You have vastly overestimated my sneakiness. (laugh)

And lastly, let me just mention one more thing. After Mandle set his idea in motion, my first post was this:

Quote from: Riaise on Sun 21/07/2019 20:22:45
Yeah, that's similar to what I was thinking. There could be both a psychic and a doctor, but I would think it's more likely that there's only one of them with so few players. So one murderer, one doctor or psychic, and three normals.

Not that it makes much difference at this stage. There's no way of knowing who to trust yet and I'm not about to go trusting just anyone. Not this time, anyway. :P
Note how I try to distract from the psychic role by introducing the idea of there could be a doctor instead (very subtly, I admit). It's not much, but it was the best I could do to try and keep my role hidden for as long as possible. Now, here's Stu's post:

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 22/07/2019 13:37:22
I'm also up for not lynching anyone this time.

I was actually wondering if none of us are the murderer, or even sinitrena herself, but that would be very devious. Good experiment though.

Vote to lynch: nobody.
He does exactly the same thing but trying to distance himself from the role of murderer.

So, yeah, I think that's all. If it hasn't convinced you, then I don't know what else I've got. All I can say for definite is that if I get lynched then we have lost the game.

Mandle

Sorry Riaise, your case is very compelling but I feel thou dost protest too much.

Those last two examples of yours and Stupot's posts just feel desperate to me. Either one could mean anything.

At the end of the day (pun intended) we have no real way to know but my gut suspects you more than Stu (rhyme intended).

May God have mercy on my soul if I am wrong.

(I SOOOO WANT TO KNOW RIGHT NOW WHICH IT IS!!! That's the "fun" of the game though.)

Riaise

Fair enough. If you've already made up your mind then I'm already in a no-win situation. If I don't put forward any arguments why I'm telling the truth then I won't convince you, and if I do then you think I'm protesting too much. I suppose it's karma for what happened in the last game. (laugh)

Can I ask why you found me more suspicious than Stupot from this post onwards? Because I'm not sure what I did other than not use the word "civilian".

Mandle

I'm pretty sure that the Psychic doesn't get a chance to reveal their scan if they were killed that night under Sinitrena's rules.

You, Riaise, claiming that the "Psychic" should have known they would get that chance kind of sealed it for me.

Riaise

Quote from: Sinitrena on Mon 08/07/2019 17:46:45
Day Phase:

[...]

A lynched player may no longer post in this thread. Every player is allowed to keep a „journal“ that the other players „find“ when they are killed. Every player is allowed to send a PM to the GM every Phase (Day and Night) with information he or she wants revealed in case of his/her death. The information does not have to be accurate or true. The GM will not censor this in any way or form. I will only look at the last PM from any killed player that has „Journal“ in the title. Please keep such PM‘s short and remember that I need them before the player is killed because the reveal of the journal happens at the same time as the reveal of the death. The only exception to all this is that a Psychic‘s last scan will be added by the GM to the last words should the Psychic be killed in a Night Phase.

First post, under "Day Phase", bolded for emphasis by me.

Mandle

Well, that's a game changer for me:

Vote To Lynch: Stupot

Riaise

Well, let's hope that Josiah agrees! :-D

Stupot

Oh. I genuinely didn't realise that the psychic's scan is revealed when they are murdered. I assumed it wasn't. To be fair that is a big block of text in the first post and it's easy to miss a detail like that (I mean you did miss it too, Mandle, and until two posts ago you also assumed it wasn't revealed, as I did).

As the psychic I know should have checked that but it didn't occur to me.

josiah1221

Sorry Stu, but not only have you contradicted yourself but you have also missed a key feature to your "supposed" (and very important) role! Also, Riaise hasn't slipped an inch as far as I can tell.

I do understand how overwhelming these games can become so it's easy to miss information or trip over your own words. But normally if you are telling the truth 9 times out of 10 you won't slip or trip.

Vote to lynch: Stupot

(If Riaise turns out to be the murderer then she deserves the MVP award for pulling the wool over our eyes, especially Mandle's) (If Mandle ends up being the murderer then we should all just retire from WW games, lol.)

josiah1221

Oh, and another reason I changed my vote to Stupot was because I feel if he really was the psychic then he would have made sure to read over the role just to make sure he completely understood his position. At least that's what I would have done. Or then again maybe it was just an honest oversight, but this is a game where oversights and mistakes can and will cost lives. So my vote stands unless proven otherwise.

Stupot

My only crime here is not rereading that massive wall of text with a fine-tooth comb after being given my role. If you lynch me tonight, it's game over for all of us. Other than that, I don't know what to say. I already explained the apparent contradiction and given you my whole thought process in minute detail.

Mandle

Sorry, Stu... I do have a bad feeling about this choice but I would have a bad feeling about the other choice too.

This just seems (barely) more plausible to me. It's kind of impossible to tell one way or the other.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk