AGS WEREWOLF GAME 5 (Phase: End)

Started by Sinitrena, Mon 08/07/2019 17:46:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinitrena

Blue Cup Harold
25. July 1889

Adventurer's Murders: Latest Victim Found
Police confident: Killer Identified

It is with greatest sadness that we must confirm the murder of our very own correspondent WoF. WoF disappeared two days ago at the same time as the gruesome murder of Mr. Wombat, the then thought to be latest victim of the Adventurer's Murderer was found (we reported in our editions of 23. July and 24. July).

WoF, who took it upon herself to follow one of the suspects in this infamous case, was last seen alive just hours before the events that lead to the discovery of Mr. Wombat's body.

Late last night, WoF herself was found. While the murder had no element of fanciness and flourish the murderer is known for by now, but was instead just stabbed to death, the police were still able to discover a connection. The knowledge of who WoF followed that fateful night left no doubt of the identity of the killer.

After a chase through the city, the police was finally able to arrest Mr. Stupot in the early hours of the morning.

A spokesperson of the police confirmed that irrefutable, mostly in the form of weird games and paraphernalia was found in Mr. Stupot's house.

At the loss of one of our own, we can give the public the all-clear: the Adventurer's Murderer is finally caught.

--------------------

Votes:

Riaise: Stupot
Mandle: Riaise Stupot Riaise Stupot
Stupot: Riaise
josiah1221: Riaise Stupot

This is a 3 to 1 vote against Stupot, who is thereby lynched. Congratulations, he was the Murderer.

Players:

Spoiler
VampireWombat â€" shot out of a cannon in Night 1 (Civilian)
Mandle - survived (Civilian)
Riaise - survived (Psychic)

Stupot - arrested (Murderer)
josiah1221 â€" survived (Civilian)
[close]

The game ends with a win for the Good Side. Well done.

Sinitrena

First, Mandle and everyone, you have no idea how annoyed I am with myself: Mandle was correct with the whole Civilian thing. I messed up. The name change was supposed to be in the start post for Day 1 but I edited stuff and it disappeared. Once I realized this, it was already too late to remedy the situation. I could either stop and restart the game or let it run with an unintentional disadvantage for the bad side. I hope it was an interesting game nonetheless.

----------

The information that a Psychics last scan is revealed is not just in the wall text with all the rules, it is also in the Changes from the last rounds section, which should be read by absolutely everyone, even people who have played in all games before. To quote myself:
Quotea Psychic's last scan will automatically be added to their last words by the GM in case they get killed during the Night, as was discussed after the last game.
Please read the rules carefully. And even if you skip most of the rule post, the Changes section is essential.

----------

Quote from: StupotI was actually wondering if none of us are the murderer, or even sinitrena herself, but that would be very devious. Good experiment though.

I considered this option when I set the game up. I operate under the condition that everyone is allowed to lie in this games with one exception: The Game Master. So unfortunately, that prevented me from doing this little experiment.

----------

Interest in the game seems to be dwindling. I probably won't start a new game anytime soon.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Riaise

Thanks for the game, Sinitrena! I liked how the opening/closing phases were in the form of newspaper articles, that was a nice touch. And don't worry about the civilian thing. It all worked out in the end. ;-D

Well, there you have it. I'm not nearly as sneaky as everyone seemed to give me credit for. (laugh) I'm glad Mandle and Josiah believed me in the end, I'm not sure what else I could have done if they hadn't changed their minds.

Stupot

Good game everyone. I'm actually a little relieved Riaise caught me out on the ‘psychics last scan' thing. When it was looking like Josiah and Mandle might lynch her, I was feeling quite guilty rather than happy. I think because I'd had the advantage of the time difference to twist their minds before she woke up. When I managed to explain my contradiction and get them to change their votes I actually emailed Sinitrena “I am going to hell” but in the end justice won out.

Regarding why I chose to kill Wombat, it wasn't so much a choice as a pained realization that I was screwed whatever happened.
(I live-streamed my pained thoughts into my PM to poor Sinitrena who couldn't do anything with it. )
Spoiler
Quote from: Stupot on Tue 23/07/2019 16:39:21
I seriously have no idea who to kill. If Mandle is right about his ‘civilian' theory then Riaise must be the doctor or psychic. I could kill her so they lose that power but then I would just get lynched the next day. And if she is the psychic then she probably already chose to scan me based on Mandle's theory. So basically I'm screwed before it's even begun. If she's the doctor she'll probably protect/heal Mandle because he's been the most vociferous.

As you said I could just not kill anyone tonight, but I seriously think it's already game over. I could take out Mandle, as there's really no reason to take out Josiah and VW as they've not given anything away. That said, Mandle's vocal theorizing could be interpreted as trying to stir things up so perhaps there's the off chance that he could be suspected as being the killer if I left him alive.

Hmmm hmmm I think it's game over but I'm going to go out in a blaze of gory. I will take out....

Man, this is hard... okay. Perhaps taking out Jo or VW would be the most random and least predictable... so...

VampireWombat sorry dude.
[close]

As you can see I really didn't put any thought into how I was going to deal with Day 2, just trying to keep as much element of doubt  as humanly possible (which wasn't much).

Also, in my defense I did actually read the rules, but in the heat of the moment I wasn't really thinking about that when I said I thought scanning Riaise would be a waste of a scan. Remember I wasn't actually the psychic after all. So nice catch Riaise. You deserve the victory for staying cool especially after I threw you under the bus while you were asleep.

Mandle

Wooohooo!!! I've been so nervously awaiting the outcome and when I saw we were right it was a great feeling!

As for the "Civilian" thing. For me it added a bit of spice to the round to be honest. It was fun to come up with the plan, see others catch onto what I was saying (well spotted VW and Josiah!), and for it to turn out to be correct. I actually didn't know, only suspected, that we Civilians were in only ones who knew what we were called.

I can see why this would annoy Sinitrena, and she was probably cursing me for what I did, but it wasn't a game-killer so I'm glad you didn't stop the round.

If Day One had resulted in the Murderer getting lynched, though, I was going to suggest we just reshuffle roles and restart: No real harm done.

In the end, though, it kind of worked out nicely:

It sped the round up, sure, but it still came down to an agonizing choice on Day Two which was very exciting and terrifying.

A very memorable round I feel!

Long live the Civilians!

Thank you Sinitrena for being, as always, a sensible and professional host! The newspaper articles were awesome!

VampireWombat

I guess I won't haunt Stupot or something...

As for the civilian thing, I didn't even think about it when I said I was just a powerless civilian. There's probably about an equal chance I could have said peon, servant, or something else suggesting no power. So it's good to note the significance of details, even if you don't know you're giving a detail.

josiah1221

Oh wow, great game guys! That really was a nerve racking Day 2  8-0 As for Mandle catching on to "civilian". When I first used the word in my post I had forgotten this was a secret round and that the others wouldn't have known what we were really called. So good catch Mandle, but as you said even still the choice between Riaise and Stupot in the end was a tough one. I came very close to changing my vote back to Riaise, good thing I didn't second guess myself. Last time I did that I got Stupot killed... Well... I got him killed again anyway. But at least this time he was guilty!  (laugh) As always thank you Sinitrena! You always make these rounds so much more interesting and entertaining with your amazing story telling. I hate that more people aren't interested. I'm already ready for another round! ;)

Kastchey

Great game guys! Very exciting, even from a spectator's point of view. Well played :)

A little something I wanted to comment on, but obviously couldn't while the game was still in progress:
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 24/07/2019 15:38:39
Sorry Riaise, your case is very compelling but I feel thou dost protest too much.
Says the person who beat the forum post per minute record last time they were innocently accused :D

Mandle

Riaise

Stupot

Kastchey and Cassie and other spectators. I'm interested to know whether you guys had any opinions about who was the murderer or psychic while the game was ongoing? Did anyone think I was innocent or were you all shouting at your monitors for them to lynch me?

Sinitrena

Interesting question. How do outsiders see all this. Because I know all the roles at all times, I never quiet get which impression people leave with their posts.

I can tell you that I was screaming in my head at you, Stupot, during the Night Phase not to kill Riaise because then you would have had basically no chance to win.

And I kind of hoped for a split vote on Day 2, which would have meant no lynching and then it would have become a really nerve-racking game...

Mandle

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sat 27/07/2019 14:10:04
And I kind of hoped for a split vote on Day 2, which would have meant no lynching and then it would have become a really nerve-racking game...

I was considering actually trying to cause that to happen at the last moment, but kind of forgot and the timing of RL also didn't allow it.

But that could have been awesome!

Stupot

I wonder who I would have killed if it had gone to a 2nd night. I hadn't thought that far ahead. I was too busy trying to convince even myself that I was the psychic.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 27/07/2019 14:52:37
I wonder who I would have killed if it had gone to a 2nd night. I hadn't thought that far ahead. I was too busy trying to convince even myself that I was the psychic.

Me, I'd say.

Kastchey

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 27/07/2019 13:56:18
Kastchey and Cassie and other spectators. I'm interested to know whether you guys had any opinions about who was the murderer or psychic while the game was ongoing? Did anyone think I was innocent or were you all shouting at your monitors for them to lynch me?
Sorry for being slow with responding, busy time...
(which is mainly why I decided not to join this round)
(other than being a chicken)

It wasn't obvious at all. There were moments when I too thought that Riaise was being a sneaky murderer. However when I looked at how you worded your post in this round, Stu, and it struck me as closer to how you were acting two rounds back when we both were on the scum team than three rounds back when you were in innocently accused seer. As a murderer, you seem to tend to use more thought-out sentences, less brief than usual and I think less emotional, too.

Of course, this wasn't much as there were only two games to study so this could have as well been a coincidence. And you got out of the self-contradiction trap pretty well, it was believable. Plus I haven't seen Riaise in scum role before. As a non-participant I cannot tell for certain what my lynch vote would have been had I participated, it always looks more simple in hindsight...

By the way, I too can understand why Sini thinks she had messed up with that civilian thing and how it tipped the balanced in the good team's favour but overall it played out REALLY well :) Super interesting and very unusual.

Quote from: Sinitrena on Thu 25/07/2019 17:13:36
Quote from: StupotI was actually wondering if none of us are the murderer, or even sinitrena herself, but that would be very devious. Good experiment though.
I considered this option when I set the game up. I operate under the condition that everyone is allowed to lie in this games with one exception: The Game Master. So unfortunately, that prevented me from doing this little experiment.
The way I see it is that you would not technically lie. The only thing you explicitly said was that the roles were unknown and would not be revealed during the course of the game. Unless I'm missing something, that would have been a valid move ;) Somewhat evil perhaps, but still.

Sinitrena

Quote from: Kastchey on Tue 30/07/2019 21:04:19
Quote from: Sinitrena on Thu 25/07/2019 17:13:36
The way I see it is that you would not technically lie. The only thing you explicitly said was that the roles were unknown and would not be revealed during the course of the game. Unless I'm missing something, that would have been a valid move ;) Somewhat evil perhaps, but still.

The problem with that are the win condition set out in the very first post:

QuoteThe Good Side wins when all Evil players are dead.
The Evil Side wins when it is no longer possible to get a majority lynch vote against them.

Without an actual (player-)murderer, it is either in immediated default win for the Good Side (at the start of the game all Evil Players are already dead) or impossible for them to win (the Evil Player is also the GM, but the GM cannot be lynched). So, to allow the game to run with an "Evil GM" would make the win conditions a lie.

Cassiebsg

oh, I missed Stupots post entirely.  :-[

Well, I had no idea who was actually the murder, but don't I would have been convinced by your explanation for the contradictions. I as an spectator, I hadn't caught the "civilian" thing either, so I didn't get why anyone would not claim to be civilian.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk