Trojan.Win32.Generic message from Kaspersky when building exe file

Started by Leisure Suit Harry, Wed 10/07/2019 17:26:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Leisure Suit Harry

I am experiencing a most annoying problem.

I have spent months with the development of my game and just built an executable game file for the first time.

My actual AV program (Kaspersky) immediately cries: Trojan.Win32.Generic.
It deletes AGS together with the just created game exe file.
Reinstalling AGS doesn't change anything.

What's the problem here? Why does Kaspersky recognize a potentially malicious code and what can I do about it?

Thanks - Harry
Yours Boston McShew (aka Leisure Suit Harry)

morganw

Configure your anti-virus programs to not scan your game development folder. If executables aren't signed then anti-virus can only guess what it is. It'll see executable code with a payload attached to it, so sometimes you will get false positives. You would have to submit it to Kaspersky if the detection is incorrect.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: morganw on Wed 10/07/2019 17:49:47
Configure your anti-virus programs to not scan your game development folder. If executables aren't signed then anti-virus can only guess what it is. It'll see executable code with a payload attached to it, so sometimes you will get false positives. You would have to submit it to Kaspersky if the detection is incorrect.

And while you're at it, send it to Avast too if you want to do your users a favour and save them the nagging and the false positives, because Avast really does not play nice with AGS at all... I used these two online forms to send both companies the final .exe of my first game, they got whitelisted in less than 24 hours, and my players stopped reporting issues:

https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

https://virusdesk.kaspersky.com/ (when the file gets tagged as a threat, you are given the option to send it to them for further inspection)

Leisure Suit Harry

Thanks. Adding an exception for AGS and its Folder worked fine.

I will inform Avast/Kaspersky when the EXE is final.

Thanks a lot!!
Yours Boston McShew (aka Leisure Suit Harry)

Rikdom

I also want to add that Bitedefenter also detected "The file C:\Users\Star\Documents\Sierra_first_game\Compiled\Windows\RCXF48F.tmp is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.32392276. The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.", when I tried to build an exe of my game. Now I read your replies and I will make exception for AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk