Theropods - Demo Available - Now on Kickstarter!

Started by Tinystuffz, Fri 12/07/2019 13:59:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinystuffz

CURRENTLY ON KICKSTARTER!!

Theropods is a point and click adventure game that combines puzzles with a cinematic story, colourful characters and a retro aesthetic. Oh, and lots of dinosaurs!

THE STORY
Travel back to the time when dinosaurs ruled the world and (a little less further back) when adventure games ruled the gaming world! Immerse yourself in a vast, prehistoric world full of dinosaurs, constructed with love, PIXEL BY PIXEL.

When the prehistoric village of a young hunter is attacked by bloodthirsty barbarians, she is forced to flee. In order to free her people she will have to travel through dangerous, dinosaur-inhabited lands to seek help.

DEMO DOWNLOAD LINK
Our demo was programmed in AGS. I only started teaching myself (with the help of these forums, thank you!) at the beginning of last year, especially for this demo, with no programming experience at all, so I apologise for any issues in it!

SCREENSHOTS

OUR TEAM
Kostas Skiftas: Game Design/Writing/Art Design/Animation
Tinystuffz (Me): Game Design / Character Art + Animation / Programming
Matt Frith: Background Art + Animation
Zach Striefel: Music / Sound Design

DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS
We are currently trying to gain some funding for the development of Theropods via Kickstarter. Would love it if you checked out the page!

This is our first big game, so I find it hard to say how far through we already are, but here's my estimate.
Story: 50%
Scripting: 10%
Graphics: 10%
Sound/Music: 10%

Wishlist on Steam
Expected completion date: February 2021

CrashPL

It's so awesome to see this running on AGS. And hey, the more dinosaur games (especially of AGS point 'n click variety) the better! :D
So hyped for this, hope you'll reach that goal in no time! And best of luck with the development!

TheFrighter

The yellow guy is a reference to Edgar Rice Burroughs works?

_

Tinystuffz

Quote from: TheFrighter on Fri 12/07/2019 18:06:05

The yellow guy is a reference to Edgar Rice Burroughs works?

_

It's not a reference to his works, I had to look up who he was! :grin: Are you thinking of a specific character?

selmiak

Crimson Wizard

I'd like to repeat my short comment to the selmiak's video I previously did elsewhere.

I really like the animations and parallax effects, and the way multilevel scenes are done (when you go up to the tree).
I also really like that you have animations for failed actions instead of giving a dummy generic reply. Actually the game seem to use gesticulation more than speech in general, which is unordinary and nice to see. Even some hints are done by moving parts of enviroment.
Seeing as spear is used everywhere, I wanted to suggest adding a quick button for "use spear" on the screen :).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk