Interesting dreams you see

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 12/07/2019 15:44:46

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

I dreamed of something interesting last night. Apparently I was in some kind of gateway to hell, although interestingly you could still "fail" to reach hell if you didn't play by the rules of the place. So, for example, one had to open a specific door at a specific time, or bizarre things would happen (including the door revealing more doors behind it, or a brick wall, or the actual room but now without any trapdoor to the next place). I don't really recall how one was banished to this intermediate location between life and hell, but it had to do with a virus/curse brought by extraterrestrials.
Anyway, I had the choice to just go to that room, and opened the door to see a crowd there (I think that the expectation was, in theory, that not all would have to move to hell from there - some would be cured or just be there for the placebo effect) but was too bored (or other) to go there, so stayed outside to explore a bit. The actual location was supposed to gradually be filled with more (and more obvious) ETs.
In the end it was too late, I did open the door again, but another door was now behind it, opened that too, yet another was behind, and after I opened all six or seven doors I entered the room but it was empty and no trapdoor existed now either.
Therefore, for the time being, I am prevented from visiting hell :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Mandle

I had a dream the other night that my wife and me visited a weird Japanese seaside town where the entire town was built up on stilts and every shop and house was interconnected by walkways and every room was tatami mats.

The name of the town was "Nyunyami" or something like that and my wife told me it's not a real Japanese word but "Nyun" could be onomatopoeia for smiling and "Yami" is a bad feeling .

It was supposed to be a relaxing resort location but, as we went from shop to shop, I felt like we were being followed by the same people.

Eventually we ended up in a house of one of the locals and these people came in and in the final reveal they turned into Tanuki, an animal here in Japan that, in folklore, plays tricks on humans via illusions and mind-control.

That's pretty much all I remember, but it was quite a memorable dream!

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 12/07/2019 16:40:55
I had a dream the other night that my wife and me visited a weird Japanese seaside town where the entire town was built up on stilts and every shop and house was interconnected by walkways and every room was tatami mats.

The name of the town was "Nyunyami" or something like that and my wife told me it's not a real Japanese word but "Nyun" could be onomatopoeia for smiling and "Yami" is a bad feeling .

It was supposed to be a relaxing resort location but, as we went from shop to shop, I felt like we were being followed by the same people.

Eventually we ended up in a house of one of the locals and these people came in and in the final reveal they turned into Tanuki, an animal here in Japan that, in folklore, plays tricks on humans via illusions and mind-control.

That's pretty much all I remember, but it was quite a memorable dream!

Sounds very cool!

Crimson Wizard

For many years I had a recurring dream of being in a very big building (sometimes composed of parts of other places I knew in my life), where people are staying in a locked "safe location", and some monster or monsters roam the corridors. Eventually there was always a group of people who wanted to reach another place and I tagged along. There were variants of how this happened, sometimes it was like in action film or game and we had to shoot our way through, sometimes we just had to be very careful and quiet and use secret passageways to avoid monster attention. Sometimes I was sent on a separate mission to fetch something from a far away room, and after passing through all the dangers upon arriving there I usually did not remember what exactly I am looking for, like it often happens in dreams, kept searching for a long time and then woke up in frustration.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 12/07/2019 17:03:54
For many years I had a recurring dream of being in a very big building (sometimes composed of parts of other places I knew in my life), where people are staying in a locked "safe location", and some monster or monsters roam the corridors. Eventually there was always a group of people who wanted to reach another place and I tagged along. There were variants of how this happened, sometimes it was like in action film or game and we had to shoot our way through, sometimes we just had to be very careful and quiet and use secret passageways to avoid monster attention. Sometimes I was sent on a separate mission to fetch something from a far away room, and after passing through all the dangers upon arriving there I usually did not remember what exactly I am looking for, like it often happens in dreams, kept searching for a long time and then woke up in frustration.

I had a similar series of (maybe up to 100) dreams when I was 9 to 11 years old :)
Trying to get out of my house, after a monster got it.
Tried in different ways - exit the house and use the stairs to go to the ground, climb down from the buildings wall (usually falling to my death from the 4rth floor) etc. I just never wanted to see what the monster looked like, so preferred to die.
In one of those dreams, however, I got down to the street, and then saw that there wasn't one monster but a full invasion by alien beings :) So in essence my attempts to escape the house were meaningless.

Another dream was when I was hiding, along with some other survivors, in a building, but we had forgotten what we were hiding from. It was revealed to be titanic humans (this was a full decade before that Titans anime) who were in the habit of eating us.

Crimson Wizard

There are sometimes dreams that are absolutely logical on one hand, but on another so strange because you cannot tell where did you get these memories or ideas from to such dream to appear.

Just remembered such example, couple of years ago I had a very vivid and colourful dream. There was a small village on the hill with cottages built under the giant trees with reddish trunks; these trees were so high and had lush foliage that almost covered the sky, yet somehow the space was pretty well lit with sun (I can literally see this in my head). The road was just a dirt path, with tree roots showing out of the soil in places.
I rode in on a bicycle and was some kind of a postman or messenger, and had to deliver letters from soldiers who were fighting on a distant war. So I visited their families and wives in these cottages and gave them letters, and talked about their husbands. Strangely, it felt like early XX century at most, or maybe XIX century, because everyone was wearing old dresses and I was wearing some kind of old military uniform myself. I felt like a part of some historical drama novel.

PS. I think these trees: https://www.backpacker.com/.image/t_share/MTUwMzA2ODIwNzE0NDA3OTMy/giant-sequoia.jpg
Although I've never seen them in real life.

milkanannan

Has anyone had the dream where the dimensions of items are screwed up? For example, when an object is near your eye it appears bigger and when far it appears smaller. In this dream, something may be knowingly far but its dimensions are so large that it appears to be perfectly at the size it would be right in front of you. So for example a huge apple a kilometre away is perfectly sized as though it could appropriately fit in your hand. It is a sickening experience to go through and not a pleasant dream at all.

I bring this up because after years of being married to my wife we discovered we both have had this dream from time to time. Anyone else?

Cassiebsg

Funny talking about dreams, I just love those adventurous dreams... always a shame to wake up and not get the end of the story.  (laugh)

Never had that dream man n fist, not that I remember anyway.

Tonight I had one of those film dreams, that I'm always sorry to wake up from. It had something to do with a Hospital, a ward that had burned in the late 60s (think it was 1967)... then there was this firefighter with an old yellow fire clothes and gas mask, once I got "down" there the empty hallways and rooms and all was black and singed. I meet the firefighter face to face but flashing my flashlight right on his face, and I still couldn't see his face it was all still dark as pitch. He then moved and entered a room to my right... I woke up sometime short after that knowing a few things... the firefighter was dead and that was his ghost and for some odd reason, it was "played" by Bruce Wills...  (laugh)
Dreams can be so fun and silly sometimes.  ;)

PS. Oh yeah, there was also a nurse that mentioned that she was 2 years old (at the time of the fire)...  (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 12/07/2019 22:08:01
Funny talking about dreams, I just love those adventurous dreams... always a shame to wake up and not get the end of the story.  (laugh)

Never had that dream man n fist, not that I remember anyway.

Tonight I had one of those film dreams, that I'm always sorry to wake up from. It had something to do with a Hospital, a ward that had burned in the late 60s (think it was 1967)... then there was this firefighter with an old yellow fire clothes and gas mask, once I got "down" there the empty hallways and rooms and all was black and singed. I meet the firefighter face to face but flashing my flashlight right on his face, and I still couldn't see his face it was all still dark as pitch. He then moved and entered a room to my right... I woke up sometime short after that knowing a few things... the firefighter was dead and that was his ghost and for some odd reason, it was "played" by Bruce Wills...  (laugh)
Dreams can be so fun and silly sometimes.  ;)

PS. Oh yeah, there was also a nurse that mentioned that she was 2 years old (at the time of the fire)...  (roll)

Maybe you have a ghost of a death wish?  (laugh)

Babar

Everyone loves talking about their dreams!
(listening to others, less so, stereotypically :D)

It's hard for me to describe my dreams, because they don't usually follow reality or logic. For example, one time, the Zamar Elyph was coming. What is Zamar Elyph? No idea. What was the Zamar Elyph going to do? No idea. Why was I waiting for the Zamar Elyph? Dunno. I just knew I was stressing out, running around with a paper that said "Zamar Elyph".
Or another time, I was exploring inside my carpet, and it was a nightmare for some unexplained reason (I don't usually have nightmares. Have had maybe less than 15 in my life, so each one is pretty memorable).

Conversely, MY mind still always operates on some weird logic in my dreams. So, for example. even the dreams where I am flying, I know it is not possible, so I actually end up gliding along and picking up updrafts to get higher.

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Babar on Sat 13/07/2019 09:12:42
Conversely, MY mind still always operates on some weird logic in my dreams. So, for example. even the dreams where I am flying, I know it is not possible, so I actually end up gliding along and picking up updrafts to get higher.

Lol, in some dreams my "flying" turns into floating, with me staying in the air but barely able to control movement. Not sure if this happened after watching "attack on titans" anime, or maybe "spiderman" but at some point I developed an ability to throw an invisible grapple hook from my arms and keep moving like that...

BTW coincidentally today I've seen another "story dream" which does not happen too often to me. In this dream I was following a story of a russian guy (he had russian name anyway) who moved to Alaska. He had a small daughter and I knew that her mother left them for some reason. This guy was trying to get a job in a kind of municipal service, like police, but there were no positions available all the time. So he and his daughter were staying in a kind of shelter for homeless people (?) where several families lived in a single room with these big fluffy northern dogs and tamed forest animals :S. The little children playing with an unidentified forest critter was the last thing I remember before waking up.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Babar on Sat 13/07/2019 09:12:42

Yep, flying features a lot in my dreams (as it does with a lot of other people, I would guess). Usually I "sit" on air, or sometimes I simply walk without my feet touching the ground. Usually it's an instinctive response; to escape some pursuing force, perhaps, though sometimes it's just a method of traveling that seems logical within the confines of the dream.

What I find really fascinating though, is the geography of my dreams. It's nearly always familiar places (places where I used to live, schools I attended, my hometown, etc), though twisted, somewhat exaggerated, versions of reality; roads are wider, buildings taller, the familiar intersecting in ways that doesn't really make sense, my subconscious adding or subtracting to the landscape as it goes along. But it's consistent, and the layout, once I experience it, will retain it's shape, it's atmosphere, throughout multiple dreams, over years or decades. Sometimes dreams will reference past dreams, which makes the subconscious seem that more tangible to me, or at least somewhat less nebulous, when I awake. At least it seems that way. Can I really be sure?

Maybe it's all nonsense, and what we actually experience in dreams is distorted and falsified by our conscious attempts to recall it.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

KyriakosCH

Certainly recalling the dream is different from experiencing it - for starters in the dream you are not controlling the creation like you are controlling the description while recollecting it...

I like dreams, but I used to be a lot more interested in them and actively examining them. It is a different world beneath the surface of consciousness, cause one isn't defined by being social there (so in many ways it isn't about being human either; more about being a mental entity inside your own mental realm).

Marion

I had very cool dreams since years, sometimes they tell a real little story, sometimes in universes I love like "Star Wars" ! I enjoyed them so much that I made videos to tell them, with my drawings :) https://marionpoinsot.fr/video/category/videos/mes-reves-en-video/ (sorry it's french)

KyriakosCH

I can't understand anything, but your page looks very nice :)
(I also sent you a FB request)

Buckethead

I had a pretty interesting dream a few days ago. I was going on holiday to somewhere in America that looked a bit like San Fransisco but wasn't. When I got there it turned out that stealing people's shirts was a really popular tourist scam. So popular in fact that even the person I was meeting with, was doing this as his day time job. Most of what I remember of the the dream was just walking through a park on a sunny day and people just constantly trying to lure me in a trap to steal my shirt. Then at the end of the dream I was trying to get home on time for my exam. Which was also weird because I already graduated earlier this month.

Babar

Quote from: Buckethead on Thu 18/07/2019 15:43:38
Then at the end of the dream I was trying to get home on time for my exam. Which was also weird because I already graduated earlier this month.
It's been years since I've had any formal education, and those dreams don't stop  :=
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Danvzare

Quote from: Babar on Fri 19/07/2019 18:13:36
Quote from: Buckethead on Thu 18/07/2019 15:43:38
Then at the end of the dream I was trying to get home on time for my exam. Which was also weird because I already graduated earlier this month.
It's been years since I've had any formal education, and those dreams don't stop  :=
I have never, in all of my life, had a dream involving any kind of education. School, college, ect.
I have had a LOT of dreams which are basically just games though.  (laugh)
Some of which were actually in pixel art as well. I've even had low poly 3D. And I'm not playing the games, it's more like as the dreamer, I'm watching it as a movie. Only it's a game, with game logic.
And don't get me started on the dreams which have the false memories of me having (played?) these games before, only for me to wake up and realize I've never had a dream like that before... or have I?

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 14/07/2019 05:23:10
I like dreams, but I used to be a lot more interested in them and actively examining them. It is a different world beneath the surface of consciousness, cause one isn't defined by being social there (so in many ways it isn't about being human either; more about being a mental entity inside your own mental realm).
I usually find that I can figure out exactly how my dream came together and what it's about, based on how my mind works, and how I can drift from one subject to another.
The logic is usually consistent with my own thought-patterns and associations. Something which I'm acutely aware of, since it's my brain.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk