"Mamma Mia" hints and tips

Started by fernewelten, Thu 18/07/2019 03:02:38

Previous topic - Next topic

fernewelten

General:

* My character is being very obtuse. I want him to do X, but he stubbornly tries Y, instead.
Spoiler

Right mouse click, right mouse click, right mouse click! There's a good chance that Ego hasn't noticed something that you as a user have noticed, because Ego hasn't Examined it. Remember that your mouse also has a right mouse button!
[close]

Keypad puzzle:

* How do I swap keys?
Spoiler

Let's say you want the 3 to go where the 7 is and the 7 to go where the 3 is. Solution: Click on the 3, the 7, the 3, in order.

It's elementary to swap the empty key with any of the others, of course: Just click on that respective other key.
[close]

* How do I approach the minigame?
Spoiler

One way to do it:

First try to find what each of the columns and rows need to sum up to. Focus on each individual one without minding the respective others. If the sum is too low (high), swap higher (lower) numbers in. See the previous spoiler for swapping any two numbers.

Only when you have deduced all the exact sums, then swap keys around to try and balance each row/column.

Avoid trying the same combinations again and again: Try something different.

If you get the message that some key has stuck, then it is in the correct position; take this as a hint for finding where the others have to go to.
[close]

Ice cream parlour room puzzle:

* How many components of the machine do I need to start?
Spoiler
Five.
[close]

* Where are the starters for the individual components of the machine?
Spoiler

• Air pump - hammer hanging from the box on the left
  • Fluffer - button on the window sill
  • Vanillizer - grey touch sensor surrounded by the blue puddle of goo
  • Conifier - "on" button on the dashboard on the back wall
  • Wisdom imbuer - Chain on the front right, blurry.
[close]

* I can't seem to start some component.
Spoiler
Examine it (right mouse click) before interacting with it (left mouse click).
[close]

* I can't start the machine. All the components stop after a while after I start them.
Spoiler
Before you start the individual components, you must hit the ramp up button.
[close]
That button is ...
Spoiler
... in the middle of the dashboard on the right wall.
[close]

* How do I start the machine?
Spoiler
You need to hit the ramp up button and then all the five components in the correct sequence.
[close]

* In what sequence do the individual components need to be activated?
Spoiler
Sorry, this sequence changes on each game run.
[close]

* What's a good way to find that out?
Spoiler
Play a game of Simon Says. For more specific hints, look at the next spoiler.
[close]

* More detailed hints to find that out:
Spoiler

• Have a piece of paper ready so that you can note the sequence bit by bit whilst determining it.
  • To determine the first component, hit the Ramp Start button (on the dashboard on the right wall) and then the starter of any of the components. If that was an incorrect component, then the ramp up will fail. In that case, begin again with the ramp up button and another component. Eventually, you will have found the correct first component in the sequence.
  • To determine the second component, hit the Ramp Start button and the starter of the component you have determined in step 2. Then hit the starter of any other component. If that letter was an incorrect second component, then the ramp up will fail. In that case, restart the sequence and try another starter for the second component. Eventually, you will have found the correct second component in the sequence.
  • Continue in the same vein until you have found all the components.
[close]

* What do I do when I have started all the components?
Spoiler
Don't do anything. After some seconds the game will continue.
[close]

bertolino

STUCK AT BEGINNING CANT GET ANYWHERE TALKED TO EVERYONE LOOKED EVERYWHERE WHAT DO I DO HELP

fernewelten

Quote from: bertolino on Wed 31/07/2019 01:26:11
STUCK AT BEGINNING CANT GET ANYWHERE TALKED TO EVERYONE LOOKED EVERYWHERE WHAT DO I DO HELP

When you've exhausted the dialog with the ice cream vendor,
Spoiler
RIGHT-click on the snowman.
[close]

Right-click = "look at" things; left-click = "interact with" things (talk to them, push them, etc.). To right-click means to put the pointer over the thing and click the right mouse button.

Don't try to "look at" things by clicking with the left mouse on them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk