MCU Phase 4

Started by Stupot, Sun 21/07/2019 06:13:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Fitz

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 28/08/2019 00:17:27
Fitz, you have to remember. Feige and co. are not making these films just for the comic book fans. They're making them for the masses.

That may be the issue with film adaptations of beloved/iconic stories in general - be it Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, or Game of Thrones, which the masses loved but fans had beef with over simplifications and pop-ifying. Not to mention basically any video game movie - average movies at best, with little to no respect for the original. I know that, and part of me has accepted it - but the kid in me still waits for the movies to lock in on that particular bit of the 90's that my childhood was. Oh well. At least the teenage Mortal Kombat 2 fan got his perfect movie version of Baraka:

Cassiebsg

I grew up with Marvel as well ("60-70"-80-90- and then at one point in the 2000 I kind of stopped), an like many other comic readers the movies say me little... and I even hate stuff out of it. I'll watch them if they're on, but I won't go over my way to actually watch them.  :-\

Also I don't like the "rebooted" Marvel universe from the comics either... around 90s-2000(?)

When one starts changing characters origins, background, etc, just for the sake of it, then I'm out... But like stupot says, I'm not their target audience anyway... ;)

This is a "problem" that isn't exclusive to the MCU... so I kind of expect by now to be disappointed at anything (movie or tv show) where I know the original.  (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Ugh... off topic but I just tried to watch Aquaman because i heard it was good and because I heard the same about Wonder Woman and it turned out being pretty good.

But, Aquaman... I'm sorry... It's terrible...

The underwater visuals, which should be a major selling point, look worse than Finding Nemo.

The obvious copying of the Marvel Thor humor is just grating. I've given up halfway through and haven't laughed once even though it's more than obvious where all the jokes are.

The comic-book style cuts from present to past were clever for the first two times and then just jarring afterwards.

This is an AWFUL movie and I'm not going to watch the second half.

EDIT: And if I'm judging too harshly maybe that's because I watched First Man just before Aquaman and it was one of the most enriching, amazing, and personal movies of one man's story I have ever seen.

ManicMatt

Aquaman was.. okay.

Wonder Woman was much better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk