GUI set as a default dialogue GUI - buttons and labels not showing up

Started by Pogwizd, Sun 28/07/2019 18:38:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogwizd

I have a question regarding custom GUIs set as default dialogue GUI (in General Settings).

I've created one and set it as a default dialogue GUI, but when I trigger a dialogue only the GUI's background is displayed as the dialogue box with the dialogue options. What I mean is that other elements of the GUI, like buttons or labels, are ignored and not displayed at all. Am I doing something wrong or the only thing this setting does is showing the background of the GUI?

Khris

You're not supposed to put controls on a dialog GUI. Just use multiple GUIs instead.

Pogwizd

First of all, thank you for a quick response.

I am sorry to be a pain but I have tried doing what you've suggested but I couldn't make it work the way I wanted. I set up one gui as a main dialogue gui and the other to be displayed when dialogue options are shown (didn't really know when to make it displayed, so I did it in the dialog_options_get_dimensions function). But because the dialogue, as far as I understand, is a blocking script my gui with a button is not clickable during a dialogue. Is there a way to make my GUI with a button active when the dialogue GUI is on?

Khris

What is the button supposed to do? Please explain the big picture, because you might be stuck on an unsuitable approach right now.

Pogwizd

I've been trying to find a way to redraw/update the currently displayed dialogue options (when a dialogue is on) triggered by a button on a GUI. Basically, what I'm after is a "simple" dialogue scrolling function.

Pogwizd

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk