Hopping Homeward

Started by NuggetSeb, Thu 01/08/2019 07:52:42

Previous topic - Next topic

NuggetSeb

Hopping Homeward is a point and click adventure game, where you play as a small rabbit trying to escape the woods!
There are friends and foes, so be careful where you tread and what items you use.
Try to get home, and try not to get eaten!

This is a game developed by two people, myself and Kiwi (not on the forums), and it's our first game! We hope to create more in this world in the future, maybe even a longer edition of this game!

Download it here!: https://kiwinugget.itch.io/hopping-homeward

Some Screenshots!

We hope you enjoy the game, and Happy Hopping!

Cassiebsg

Hi, congrats on the release.  (nod)

Seems like the file that it's trying to be downloaded is not HoppingHomeward.exe but journey.exe.

Also, could you provide a zipped version of the game? I don't like, nor do I download, installers for ags games.
Thanks.   :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

NuggetSeb

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 01/08/2019 14:26:14
Hi, congrats on the release.  (nod)

Seems like the file that it's trying to be downloaded is not HoppingHomeward.exe but journey.exe.

Also, could you provide a zipped version of the game? I don't like, nor do I download, installers for ags games.
Thanks.   :)

Thank you!

They are the same thing, when I created the game on my PC, the title had been called a Journey Home, and I don't know how to actually change the .exe name once it's been finished! D:

I'll also look up what folder/item I'd need to zip to upload it properly as a zip file onto itch.io! Thank you for your feedback!

Edit:  I have now added a ZIP file for download! The .exe can't be changed so far, but I'll be sure to keep looking into it. Thanks again!

WatchDaToast

I have a huge weakness for games with these similiar settings, so I had to give it a try. :grin:
Finished it in two runs... got eaten by the fox the first time. Only found the owl on top of the tree the second time I played it.
A very beautiful little game, the combination of the cozy forest locations with the characters and music made the whole experience feel so wholesome. Maybe it's just me, but especially the music gave me some sorrowful vibes, which fit so well with the theme for some reason. The warm and sunset-like color choices of the forest locations really helped in that regard as well.
The artstyle is totally up my alley as well. Each character had this distinct, expressive look and facial expression which made me instantly like them, even the fox that killed you if you screwed up the puzzles.
I would love to see a longer game with this art style and athmosphere. Make sure to add some ambient noises... birds etc could really elevate the whole vibe and athmosphere of the game.

Minor complaints: ;)
At times I was a bit confused with how to use inventory items. I kept selecting the mushrooms and clicked on the cauldron, but nothing happened. Shrotly after I found out that inventory items would be selected via dialogue trees. I think that's alright as well, but I would have liked to know that from the start. In case you rework the game, I think it would be better if the player was not able to select inventory items and drag them across the screen at all - it just reinforces the idea that you need to drag them on items to put them to use.

Also, hotspots could be a bit easier to find. I know that exploration and finding certain hidden things is part of the experience, but at least the cursor could light up if you hover across something important. I think I missed the owl the first time simply because I did not notice that there was another hotspot there, and it was not looking at the bottom of the screen at the right moment. ;)

Really hope to see more of you two and your work here! :)

selmiak

am I late to the party? I recorded a longplay of this beautiful game. Please make more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkUKt2Dyhs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk