MAGS August “Huts or Hats” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/08/2019 00:59:02

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS September?

Mr Bear Teaches English
6 (60%)
Mystery Meat Mayhem
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Tue 17/09/2019 01:27:55

Stupot

Two days left to vote ☑️

cat

VampireWombat

Quote from: cat on Mon 16/09/2019 19:07:19
:~(
Several things the last few weeks have made realize it's time for me to move on to larger projects. And I honestly need a break after working on so many MAGS games. I'm sure I'll still participate at times, I just can't promise how often.

cat

Yay! Thanks for the votes!  ;-D

@VampireWombat: I'm looking forward to your larger project!

VampireWombat

Congratulations. And thanks. I'm sure I'll make posts on the forums if/when it's time.

Kastchey

I meant to get you guys some feedback for quite some time now, sorry it took so long.
Here it is:

Mr Bear Teaches English
Spoiler
Very well executed and entertaining, the latter being somewhat of a feat given that it is a learning game for kids! The idea fits the theme perfectly, the graphics and voice acting are cute and the whole concept is just lovely. I'm certainly going to test it on our kid when he's born :) It would be lovely if there was some kind of an extra once all hats from a category are clicked, or if there was a chance for something special to pop up from a random hat to surprise the kid playing the game.
[close]
Mystery Meat Mayhem
Spoiler
The style is nice and the beginning was really promising, but then the storyline went haywire. I do fully understand that you were planning a larger scope for the game and that you only released it so early to let cat and the team have some competition (and as the votes show, the competition was decent), so I viewed it as a sort of an interactive trailer for a larger project and as such it was a good effort.
[close]
I voted for
Spoiler
Mr Bear. Great job cat and team! Congratulations on winning the competition, too.
[close]

Stupot

The votes have been counted, check, recounted, verified, authenticated, confirmed, corroborated, reconfirmed and ratified. Then after an intense peer review they have finally been sent to the adjudication bureau for approval.

The winner is:
Mr Bear Teaches English By Cat and the team.

Well done guys. You will be messaged soon regarding your topic for October.

Jack

I finished my and JimReed's game, just a few days after the deadline.

Slasher

Mr Bear Teaches English...

Nice looking and executed game...

It would have been nice if the child had to select a word (say from 4) of what the object was...

Fun game though ;)

Slasher

Mystery Meat Mayhem

The game itself was quite cutely drawn and the story ok...

The main thing that was annoying was the characters kept turning when speaking.

But overall, well done  VampireWombat...  (nod)

We may meet for next month's MAG so get yer guns out  (laugh)

VampireWombat

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 25/09/2019 18:45:35
Mystery Meat Mayhem

The main thing that was annoying was the characters kept turning when speaking.

We may meet for next month's MAG so get yer guns out  (laugh)
Yeah, I can't remember why it did that. I would have fixed it if I had had the time.

Not likely unless next month's theme is really interesting and/or is one that I can re-uses graphics from other months.

Jack

I made some slight performance improvements to the game, scrolling and the build menu should be faster.

cat

@Slasher
Great idea! I'll see if I can do something like that in an updated version of the game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk