Frames larger size after import.

Started by rmonic79, Tue 06/08/2019 22:06:03

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonic79

Guys we're making motion comics for our new game and i found that the best option until now is to make a frame by frame video. The game is 640 x 360 and we arrived for example to have a sequence of 40 mega but when i imported  them in the editor they take 270 mb. Any suggestion?
(we could use an external folder and load to a dynamic sprite frame by frame but i'm wondering if there's another solution)

Crimson Wizard

Using sprite compression (in General Settings).

Is there a reason you do not want to play actual video file instead?

rmonic79

I need characters voice over, is it possible with video playback in new version?

Is it possible to use sprite compression selectively?

Cassiebsg

You can use a plugin for BG video, just keep in mind that you will be likely stuck with a windows game only in that case.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

rmonic79

thanks i'll give it a try :)
Cassiebsg do you have a link? I can't find it  :undecided:

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

rmonic79

I tried it, is good but there are a lot of problem with resolution change or different window multiplier, is there any workaround?

Khris

rmonic79

we are making a lot of try, so the problems are:

with direct3d (what we use) and simple draw function the video doesn't rescale and with setup like 2x 3x maximizer for windowed and other options for fullscreen.
with drawex function we have to take care of every possible resolution and give the appropriate factor scale, we are doing this reading the config file and passing the parameter to the function but it behave a little strange, for example if i give a factor scale of 0,333333333 for 1920 video it should give me 640 but the video is fully fitting on 2x so 1280x720 (the game is natively 640x360) , so we are a little bit confused 🤷†ââ,,¢â,¬Ã¯Â¸Â.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk