Controversies

Started by Danvzare, Mon 19/08/2019 13:43:36

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 29/08/2019 02:08:21
Oh, the "Illinois Nazis" was used in a game?

The original line is from the movie "The Blues Brothers". The game devs must have used as an easter egg reference.

"Illinois Nazis" just sounded like the same kind of joke name for an American football team to me as the "Washington 4 Skins" from Ion Fury.
No real connection, other than my own amused mental bridging of the two.  (laugh)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Danvzare

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 28/08/2019 22:26:18
This thread is stupid.
I completely agree.
It didn't take long for Godwin's law to take effect did it?

Hmm... considering this is a thread about controversy. How about we discuss verbcoins.  8-)

Jack

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 29/08/2019 17:48:28
How about we discuss verbcoins.  8-)

What a clever ploy to avoid the real issue, which is that Roger's hair was brown in the original Space Quests. BROWN!

They quietly changed this in the VGA versions and hoped no one would notice.

BUT I NOTICED!

Danvzare

Quote from: Jack on Thu 29/08/2019 21:00:50
Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 29/08/2019 17:48:28
How about we discuss verbcoins.  8-)

What a clever ploy to avoid the real issue, which is that Roger's hair was brown in the original Space Quests. BROWN!

They quietly changed this in the VGA versions and hoped no one would notice.

BUT I NOTICED!
Let's not forget that Guybrush Threepwood's hair was ALSO brown, in both Monkey Island 1 and 2. And they quietly changed it in the third game!
Some people say that he was "always supposed to be blonde" but I think we all know that's a lie.  (nod)

Jack

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 30/08/2019 15:17:48
Guybrush Threepwood

Oh, I see you're one of those guys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk