Lost on Cow Island

Started by bx83, Thu 22/08/2019 09:32:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Ben X on Wed 26/08/2020 08:13:59
You may want to consider a different font altogether. It's currently an accessibility nightmare - I'm having trouble with it and I have good eyesight and reading ability. I'd imagine it would make the game unplayable for some people with, say, colour blindness or dyslexia.

Agree. In fact, I'd say that having both speech bubbles AND font outlines is redundant. Usually it's either one or the other (font outlines help make text readable on any background, but if you already have a solid background for your text, then you don't need an outline at all, just a font colour that contrasts well with your bubble background colour.)

bx83

Okay:

-simpler, larger font
-thinner or no text outline
-more contrast between font and bg colour

Is this good?

Ben X

Quote from: bx83 on Wed 26/08/2020 11:18:50
Okay:

-simpler, larger font
-thinner or no text outline
-more contrast between font and bg colour

Is this good?

Those listed changes sound good, yeah. But you haven't posted any new images, so it's hard to say...

bx83

Images coming soon...
(I’m always working my way slowly)

milkanannan

Wow the artwork looks great! You should get your Steam pre-order page up so we can wishlist it and not lose track of the project.

bx83

Here's the new font. It's called Caviar Dreams, which whisked me away and I had to have it :p

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 04/09/2020 04:42:25
Wow the artwork looks great! You should get your Steam pre-order page up so we can wishlist it and not lose track of the project.

Yes I should - *but how*?
No, seriously I have no idea how. I have the $150 starter thing, but..... now what? Can't find anything on the net in way of a tutorial (though I've not been working on it for ages while I wait literally months for new animation and sound samples)

bx83

Could anyone help me with steam? Like step by step.
Reason is: steams worth a lot of money; steams a steep learning curve; to me, so was this language. So you know. Anyone. I know a few of you have tried the steam ags/sdk - what say ye? Are publishers usually those who take care of all steam? Humbly asking.

Update: the publisher will.
Now, just gotta get of them...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk