Lost on Cow Island

Started by bx83, Thu 22/08/2019 09:32:01

Previous topic - Next topic

bx83

Now, make your choice:
https://bluekeystudios.com/img/colous2.png

I'm leaning heavily to green on the left.

Cassiebsg

Quote from: bx83 on Fri 13/09/2019 00:09:16
QuoteI like the Yellow (always like yellow with blue  (nod), and he doesn't need to be a fashion nerd anyway  ;) )
The third on the first row?

Yes, the 3rd on the 1st row. I see you call it "brown"...  (laugh)

Well, to be honest, the first time you posted stuff about this project, my first though was "Oh, how nice a fan parody of BTTF..." and thus I immediately thought it would be freeware and therefor I said nothing at the time.  (roll)

I would not go with the middle one, but either of the other 2 are okay. Green is hope and Cyan is blue (one of my favorite colors)...  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

bx83

Cassiebsg

And now you know.  ;)

Springtime, freshness, and hope

Green is the color most commonly associated in the United States and Europe with springtime, freshness, and hope.Green is often used to symbolize rebirth and renewal and immortality. In Ancient Egypt; the god Osiris, king of the underworld, was depicted as green-skinned. Green as the color of hope is connected with the color of springtime; hope represents the faith that things will improve after a period of difficulty, like the renewal of flowers and plants after the winter season.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green

bx83

bx83

https://bluekeystudios.com/img/FW1hiEn.png
https://bluekeystudios.com/img/final%20colours.png

My final choices for Julius. I know you all prefer red but I want to get as far away from bttf as possible stricken with fear for my inevitable lawyering.
Please vote (informaly, non-bindingly) your choice :)

Cassiebsg

bx83

...but what does that mean?

Cassiebsg

Not the first?  (roll)
The second?
The cyan with black/gray pants?

But really, you starting to over think this.  Wonder if Julius has that much trouble picking which jacket to wear... (laugh)

The Last To Know

Why don't you create a scene at the beginning of the game, where the player has to choose the color of the jacket?  :-D

bx83

Yes, but it'd mean doubling the animations.

bx83

Cassiebsg yes, he's neurotic and overly thoughtful.
But anyway the choice has to do with one of the last puzzles in the game. Just worried the blue jacket is too bright. Whatevs, I'm going to pick at random.

bx83

Hey, me again with an update:

Hopefully have it completed in...... months.

bx83

Okay guys - all fixed, as you'll see from the green jacket. I'm in Port Macquarie running off my phone, so it takes like 10 min to send 1 image; soon fixed.
I now have an alpha (then, as more sounds come through, a beta and a demo); most of it's done, but noooot ent*irely*, and it's moving at a snails pace.

But oh yes. It *will* happen.

bx83

Upload well and truly uploaded.
Comments?

bx83

Is it easier to read at full size?

Cassiebsg

I'm not sure what you referring to? What did you upload? What is "easier to read at full size"?

That is all the comments I can give, except for the fact that Julius no long looks like Marty, so that's a plus.  (nod)

bx83

I uploaded the alpha.
Most people found the font hard to read, partly because the origin size of screenshots was smaller than original. They’re now full size, was wondering if anyone still had trouble reading them.

Well that’s good news, 6mo animation work not done in vain.

mkennedy

Quote from: bx83 on Tue 25/08/2020 23:20:16
I uploaded the alpha.
Most people found the font hard to read, partly because the origin size of screenshots was smaller than original. They’re now full size, was wondering if anyone still had trouble reading them.

Well that’s good news, 6mo animation work not done in vain.

The font in the updated screenshots is easy to read now.

Ben X

I don't think the screenshot size was the issue for most people:

Quote from: The Last To Know on Fri 23/08/2019 07:53:22
Maybe because the background color of the speech bubble is the same color as the font color...
It was just my first impression. If I saw those screenshots in full screen, maybe I could read the font better.
In general, I prefer "cleaner" fonts rather than "comic" fonts. But that could just be me.

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 03/09/2019 01:38:58
Also I agree with The Last to Know. You're going to have to make the speech font more readable. Try spacing the letters more and making the black outlines thinner (and/or just increase the font size a touch).

To me, that font is still really hard to read. As mentioned in those quotes, the issues include:
similar colour background
not enough spacing
too thick a black outline
small font size

You may want to consider a different font altogether. It's currently an accessibility nightmare - I'm having trouble with it and I have good eyesight and reading ability. I'd imagine it would make the game unplayable for some people with, say, colour blindness or dyslexia.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk