Paul Romano

Started by mbnoland, Tue 27/08/2019 17:43:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogwizd

Thank you mbnoland for your help with the USB.

Spoiler
I saw number 4 written on the USB stick but what confused me was one of the ladies at the reception desk, who mentioned that the password must be 'consulted'. Now, I am not a native speaker, but after hearing that I thought I had to verify/confirm the password with someone in the office.

As for the knocking puzzle, I am sorry but I have read your explanation of the hint from the poster over 50 times now and I still don't get it. And just like Shadow1000, I would never have guessed it.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: mbnoland on Thu 05/09/2019 14:27:14
Shadow1000,
Concerning the hint on the poster
Spoiler
the poster says from 11 12 11 (that is the equivalent of the numbers of knocking you hear, 4 2 2 2 3 3) to 31 12 21, that is 3 times 1, 1 time 2 and 2 times 1 (the equivalent of 1 4 3 2 2 3, the solution for the knocking) 
[close]

About the other example
Spoiler
the infernal lymph doesn't exist in reality, as doesn't exist a drug named HELLISH, it's only a funny expedient to create a drug like that with a fluid "coming from the hell"
[close]

Bye! :)

Spoiler
Sorry, I completely don't understand the knocking. Please remember that this is something that players are supposed to figure out on their own. I don't even understand it once explained several times.

What is the connection between "11 12 11 (that is the equivalent of the numbers of knocking you hear, 4 2 2 2 3 3)"? What is the connection between "3 times 1, 1 time 2 and 2 times 1 (the equivalent of 1 4 3 2 2 3)"?
[close]

When the game was tested by people who were not involved in the development, did the majority solve this independently?

mbnoland

Hi Shadow1000,
I apologize for the delay in replying! I was on vacation.  :)
The italian version of the game has been tested by 5 persons: three out of five have completed the game without any hint and four out of five have solved the last puzzle independently!
Bye!

Pogwizd

mbnoland, could you explain step by step what is the relation between
Spoiler
the first row in the poster 11 12 11 and the number of knocks you hear? I read your explanation more than once but it really doesn't make much sense to me.
[close]

Or anyone, if you know the answer please share, because this puzzle's been bugging me for the whole week : )

Shadow1000

Quote from: mbnoland on Thu 12/09/2019 15:25:32
Hi Shadow1000,
I apologize for the delay in replying! I was on vacation.  :)
The italian version of the game has been tested by 5 persons: three out of five have completed the game without any hint and four out of five have solved the last puzzle independently!
Bye!

Awesome! sounds like a great proportion.

Stupot

Not sure how I missed this. It looks great. Can't wait to give it a go.

mbnoland

Hi Pogwizd,
I'll try to explain again how to solve the puzzle:
Spoiler
the first line of the poster contains the "request" (11 12 11 or 1 1 1 2 1 1) that is the equivalent of the numers of knocking you hear (4 knock - 2 knock - 2 knock - 2 knock - 3 knock - 3 knock or 4 2 2 2 3 3);
the second line of the poster contains the "suggestion/solution" of the puzzle (31 12 21 or 3 1 1 2 2 1), that is the equivalent of the answer to give (1 4 3 2 2 3);
The concept behind this puzzle is that you have to undertand that the two lines of the poster are in reality a numerical sequence (and not a date and a time);
So, if the first line (question) is 1 1 1 2 1 1 and second line (solution) is 3 1 1 2 2 1, is because the first line is composed by 3 times the number 1, 1 time the number 2 and 2 times the number 1 (3-1 1-2 2-1)
If we would like to continue this numerical series, the third line after 3 1 1 2 2 1 will be 1 3 2 1 2 2 1 1 and so on;
In conclusion, if you hear 4 2 2 2 3 3 knocking (question), the solution is 1 4 3 2 2 3.
I hope that clarifies the position, but please let me know if now it is clear!  ;)
[close]

Hi Stupot,
I'm glad you decided to try this game!
Please let me know your comments after completing the game!
:)

Pogwizd

mboland, thank you for your explanaition : )
I get it now! However, I have to admit that without checking the forum I never would have guessed it. In my opinion the biggest problem with the poster is the fact that it doesn't give any hint that the numbers on the poster show only a pattern and that they're not directly related to the number of knocks.
Me and my wife finished the game in three days. It was a nice experience but what really spoilt the fun for us were the puzzles.
Spoiler

USB key - I mentioned it before. The receptionist's comment about the key being "consulted" completely misled us.
Garage door/door to Soap's place - we managed to open them up only because we ended up combining all inventory items together
Poster/knocking - not a chance.
[close]
As others said... getting stuck with puzzles that do not seem logical is no fun at all.
But do not get it the wrong way, I really am looking forward to chapter two but with more "guessable" puzzles : )

mbnoland

Hello everyone!
It's now available a walkthrough of this game.
Here's follow the link:
https://paulromano.itch.io/recollection-1/devlog/101220/walkthrough-paul-romano-recollection-1
Bye!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk