MODULE: IniFile2 1.0.0 (AGS 3.x) - Read and write configuration to files

Started by Wyz, Sat 18/08/2012 13:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Hey! I just discovered this module and I can't believe I didn't find it earlier. I've been playing around with it and it works GREAT. However, I am wondering precisely where it saves the file? I am saving it as "skies.ini" but I can't find it anywhere on my hard drive. Searching for the file reveals nothing. I can load, save and read the data just fine but I have no idea where the file is actually located. :)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Thu 04/04/2024 15:49:56However, I am wondering precisely where it saves the file? I am saving it as "skies.ini" but I can't find it anywhere on my hard drive. Searching for the file reveals nothing. I can load, save and read the data just fine but I have no idea where the file is actually located. :)

The module is not responsible for the file paths, it simply uses engine's functions for opening a file.
The file paths are explained here, for the File.Open command:
https://adventuregamestudio.github.io/ags-manual/File.html#fileopen

see " location tags " and all the warnings about their use below.

Dave Gilbert

Sorry. I didn't word that right. I know how to set the file location, but I don't see it on my hard drive. I set it to the save folder, the install folder, a random folder on my hard drive, it just doesn't appear when I navigate to the folder. The game is able to load, save, and read from it just fine, but I can't see the actual file. So I'm very confused!

Cassiebsg

Maybe your OS is set to hide ini files?
Try and save it under a different name extension, like .txt. It's just a plain text file anyway (as far as I remember).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Dave Gilbert

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk