Euro 2020 Sweepstake (cancelled due to coronavirus)

Started by Stupot, Sat 14/03/2020 01:26:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I won’t be running a prediction league this year. Just too busy. But I was wondering if anyone would be interested in something smaller, perhaps a little sweepstake. Entrants would be given a team randomly and whoever’s team wins the tournament wins. I propose doing it for a little bit of money, just like 5 dollars US or something and then split the winnings among the top three teams. Something like that. If folks would rather not use real money, that’s fine too. We could just play for bragging rights. Either that, or anyone can join and choose to pay or not, but the pot is only split among the top three who paid to enter.

Anyway, that’s just a brainstorm. This post is just to get a show of hands as to who is interested, and whether or not you’d want to pay to enter.

There’s almost certainly some online system to make it easier and fairer. I’ll have a look into it.

Privateer Puddin'

I'm in for a money sweepstakes, but do you think the Euros will go ahead?

Stupot

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sat 14/03/2020 04:09:01
let’s have a wager on it.

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 14/03/2020 04:58:09
Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sat 14/03/2020 04:09:01
let’s have a wager on it.
JPÂ¥1000 that it'll be postponed or cancelled

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

blur

I have no clue what you are talking about. Please explain.

Privateer Puddin'

A sweepstakes would be everyone (24 players ideally) is assigned a random team of the 24 participating teams. Everyone puts in let's say £1.

Then, based on the tournament results, you'd end up with something like..

The winning team gets £18, the runner up gets £6

So, you put in a little (£1) with the chance of winning big! (£18 or £6)

Just example numbers, all can be changed. You put your £1 in before you know which random team get, and you hope for a favourite, or that your underdog does well.

edit:

If there are enough people, I'd be happy to do one I've played on another forum. In addition to final position, there are ones based on first red card, first own goal, first hat trick etc.. so even if your team don't win ultimately, there are other things you can hope for.

blur

Is this about collectively playing football pools?

Privateer Puddin'

No, you're not predicting results.

Stupot

Dear Customer,

Due to the novel coronavirus Covid-19, we have taken the unprecedented decision to cancel the planned Euro 2020 AGS Sweepstake. However, we look forward to bringing you a full 2020 AGS European Championship Prediction League, in 2021.

Thank you for you loyal service.

Euro 2020 postponed until next summer https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51909518

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk