Urban Witch Story

Started by Postmodern Adventures, Tue 03/09/2019 15:30:22

Previous topic - Next topic

The Story:

During the first night of the 1992 Los Angeles riots, two police officers resolve on investigating the disappearance of the children of one of their acquaintances.
Throughout their search they will face street gangs, their own colleagues and even the supernatural.

Features:

-Over 30 playable rooms in full Sierra AGI style.
-Over 40 interactive characters.
-Character close-ups on the characters who advance the investigation.
-Only inventory based puzzles.

Since i don't have any resources or skills to offer an English translation, the game will be only in Spanish. Sorry for that.

Screenshots:

Development Progress:

Story: 100%
Scripting: 95%
Graphics: 95%
Sound/Music: 100%

milkanannan

This looks so awesome. Can someone please do an English translation?

Cassiebsg

This looks awesome and brings great memories!  :-D
Good luck with the project.

I could eventually help out with translation to english (as long as someone would offer to spell check afterwards). However I'm no expert in the Spanish  language (I'm Portuguese and can understand Spanish fairly well), so my offer is only on the table as long as nobody else more qualified offers their services.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Durq

Looks great! Will the game be free or commercial?

Thanks for the support and your kind words!
The game will be free, Durq. As for the translation... there are so much lines of text. It's a lot of work. Even with the offer of Cassiesbg (thanks a lot!), the translation will need an english or northamerican proofreader (the game takes place in L.A.) like Cassiesbg says and it's no paid job for a little game of a guy that nobody knows although I worked as a writer and designer in other adventure games, but that was a long time ago.

Laura Hunt

Out of curiosity, if the game is completely in Spanish and there are no plans to translate it for now, why is the title in English?

VampireWombat

Well, I guess if Cassie is willing to translate, I'd be willing to proofread and Americanize it.

For two reasons, Laura. In Spain we are used to the majority of game titles being in English. Even those made here. We don't see it weird.
The other reason is that the title in Spanish would be "Historia urbana de brujas" and it sounds a little...  :undecided:

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Postmodern Adventures on Wed 04/09/2019 14:16:16
For two reasons, Laura. In Spain we are used to the majority of game titles being in English. Even those made here. We don't see it weird.

I'm Spanish and it feels weird to me :-D Sure, games like The Red Strings Club or A Place for the Unwilling have English titles, but they also have English translations and are aimed at the international market. But look at Gris! Spanish titles can also be super cool ;-D (even if English-speaking youtubers keep pronouncing it "gree", as if it were French, grrrrr).

Anyway, I don't want to make it look like you should change it or anything! It was mostly curiosity, so thanks for replying :)

Cassiebsg and VampireWombat, thanks for the offer!!! Do you want to talk about it when the game is complete?   ;)

Two more screenshots:

The Frank Pellington's bookstore. Next door is the Los Angeles Paranormal Museum. Now it's closed, but Frank Pellington will give us the key so we can visit it.

It's a seven screen section of the game in Shadow of the Comet's Lovecraft museum style with wax figures, pictures, haunted objects, live paranormal activity and an audio player of Electronic Voice Phenomena.

lorenzo

This looks amazing! Like a long lost old Sierra adventure.
Best of luck with development!

SarahLiz

I can assist in the proofreading as well...you said that it's a large task, so I'm happy to help out with it if needed.  ;)

Looks like a neat game!

shaun9991

Absolutely love the look of this - good luck with development :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Hello there!
The game is complete and tested since October.

Testers liked it, it's a good signal. Found a translator who is working on the English version but the progress is slow, very slow. I still don't know if he will finished but that's the situation for now. In the meantime i'm working on a new game and thinking about launching Urban Witch Story for the spanish players. I don't know what to do.
Happy Christimas to everyone!

AnaMoon

I can't wait to play it! It looks amazing.

Thanks Shaun and AnaMoon!

I've finally decided to launch the game for the Spanish players (and anyone who wants to check it out). As a said in other message, the game is finished since October, i'm making another one and i would like to see people paying it.  Sorry for this inconvenience, maybe one day i can update the game with an english translation. Fingers crossed!

lorenzo

Is there a link to download the Spanish version, while waiting for the translation? I would love to try the game!

EDIT: Oops! I didn't notice the page on the Completed Game section!

Yes! See the Completed Game Announcements board.
Here's the direct link to the game: https://postmodernadventures.itch.io/urban-witch-story

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk