Maelstrom Obscura - Now on Kickstarter!

Started by Slasher, Wed 04/09/2019 06:55:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

lanchong

When you have a chance, can you please upload a Linux version of your game?
Thanks

Slasher

Hi lanchong

we are in the middle of our campaign but rest assured we will upload Linux after..

Thank you

Slasher

This is our Kickstarter Pre-Project Page for Maelstrom Obscura, in production.

Frequently updated.

Please help us by visiting.

Thank you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maelstromobscura/914119607?ref=74m7cjoken=20ecaac3

Frodo

Your Kickstarter is looking great.   :smiley:

But will the game be DRM-free or steam-only?  You need to add that information to your page. 

Slasher

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 17/10/2019 12:37:05
Your Kickstarter is looking great.   :smiley:

But will the game be DRM-free or steam-only?  You need to add that information to your page. 

Yes it will be DRM-free... page now updated...

cat

Great that the page is up!
A few remarks how it could be improved:

• The video: You come across as likeable authentic. However, I have problems understanding you. I'm not a native speaker and I know that sometimes have problems understanding English speech, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. Please consider your audience and either have subtitles or make sure to record the video with better sound quality.
  • The pie chart is extremely low quality with lots of artefacts. Make sure to upload a file with better quality, now it looks kinda unprofessional.
  • Rewards: The order of items in 15 and 25 tier is mixed and I don't understand the difference between the two tiers (why would I pay 10 GBP for a text?)
  • 75GBP and onwards: Don't write that something will only apply for the first backers. Either make it for all of them or limit the amount of people who can back for this level.
  • Usually, the soundtrack would be included in a much lower tier. E.g. game is 15, game + soundtrack 25

Shadow1000

Quote from: cat on Thu 17/10/2019 20:50:34

• The video: You come across as likeable authentic. However, I have problems understanding you. I'm not a native speaker and I know that sometimes have problems understanding English speech, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. Please consider your audience and either have subtitles or make sure to record the video with better sound quality.

I just want to echo this: as a Canadian, I usually understand most English dialects with no problem but was only able to understand about 2/3 of what was said.

Slasher

Thanks guys...

I can't do much about the sound but I have added subtitles (English)...

I have also redone the pie chart..

Hopefully this is an improvement...

The tiers are being looked into and will be amended before we launch.

cheers and thank you, your comments mean a lot to me  (nod)

lanchong

On the draft campaign page, I don't see a link to download Case 1. Is this intentional ?

Slasher

Quote from: lanchong on Mon 21/10/2019 07:41:49
On the draft campaign page, I don't see a link to download Case 1. Is this intentional ?

Yes, it is.... It is for ags only..

Linux version will be available once Kickstarter is launched..

Slasher

**** Our game has now launched and we would like your support by visiting our project website and helping us to fully create our game: Maelstrom Obscura...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maelstromobscura/maelstrom-obscura-conspiracies-myths-and-legends

Slasher

Now that our game has launched we would like your support by visiting our Kickstarter web page and helping us in one way or another, even if you just spread the word.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maelstromobscura/maelstrom-obscura-conspiracies-myths-and-legends

Regards

Slasher

CaptainD

All the best with your Kickstarter mate.

Frodo

Congrats on the launch of your Kickstarter, Slasher.   :cheesy:

Slasher

selmiak

and you can find a longplay of the game here:

Spoiler

even within spoilers because of gameplay spoilers!
This longplay shows ONE ending of multiple endings to Case 1!

Slasher

Our game Maelstrom Obscura is being relaunched on Kickstarter in Feb and we would like your support in one way or another, even if you just spread the word.

Here you can see my new KS video + trailer...

https://youtu.be/XJQWYH36xnw

Regards

Slasher

Mandle

Just watched your video above, long time mate. I still think your best game ever is "The Condemned", especially the writing, but I will give this new business a chance!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk