GAME IDEA: Gabriel knight remake as Monkey Island Style. Youtube VIDEO PIXEL ART

Started by Rocchinator, Sun 08/09/2019 17:41:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocchinator

Hi Guys! I always wanted to do the whole Gabriel Knight series remake, but with the style of monkey Island,  a little bit goofier also, what you guys think?

I did some art in my idea.

Cassiebsg

I like what you did with the place.  :-D The sprite looks too small for the scene though, otherwise fine.

That said, I must add that I'm a big GK fan, and I see no reason to mess with perfection.   (roll)

But that doesn't mean that you couldn't take the best of two worlds and make an original story. I would play that!  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

I second that... two classic games, but hey, the world is your oyster  (laugh)

Durq

I would also say use your talent to make something original. Your backgrounds for Maelstrom Obscura are great!

Rocchinator

Hi pals! ;) Glad you like it.

@Cassiebg You are right! and i agree. But its just a funny thing i wanted to do XD.
@Slasher Maybe some day you can help me with this project!  :-D
@Durq Thanks Durq I love how the game is coming together.

Danvzare

Stupot

Nice work. You really captured that Lucas style while keeping it recognizably Gabriel Knight. Bravo. Are you gonna do more of these?

Matti

This looks really good. I agree with Cassiebsg though that everything is a bit oversized for that sprite.

The image is oversized too ;) Maybe you should upload it in a smaller resolution. A comparison picture of the original would be cool too.

selmiak

this is a fun idea and the outcome looks interesting. more like MI2 style than MI1...

Jojo_the_monkey

I like very much these fan creations!! I am looking forward to see more of your ideas and arts!!
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk