Saturday Night is the Loneliest Night of the Week

Started by newwaveburritos, Mon 28/02/2022 04:54:21

Previous topic - Next topic

newwaveburritos

Well, I got it out of me.  A MAGS entry for this month.  It might take you a half an hour if you want to talk to everyone and right click on everything.  I think it's pretty good, considering.  Rough around the edges maybe but considering I got it done in a month I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.

Full disclosure: This game contains some reasonably mild pixelated nudity.

AGS Database Entry: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2604-saturday-night-is-the-loneliest-night-of-the-week
itch.io page: https://springstreetonline.itch.io/saturday-night-is-the-loneliest-night-of-the-week

Synopsis:

You wash up on some faraway beach.  Did you party too hard or did you just listen to the wrong Woody Herman cassette tape?  Did you cross the timelines?  You did, didn't you.  Whoopsie!!

arj0n

heltenjon

That was some beautiful art and a seriously messed-up timeline!  (laugh)

I liked:
Spoiler
Chugging a lot of beer! And death's shadow when trying to enter the cemetery! And the Kola Queen! And walking on the water (please don't take that out)!  ;)
[close]

heltenjon

And...I just realized that there's a (probably unintentional) Zappa song reference hidden in one of the rooms!
Spoiler
The party room, in which you can experience
Spoiler
Titties & Beer.
[close]
[close]

MIGGO

This game made my night. Really weird and cool at the same time, teeming with references and nice little details.

Spoiler
The poem by Percy Shelley took me by suprise and it just worked so well with the opening scene art. I hadn't heard it before and I looked it up as soon as I finished playing.
[close]

I don't know if you're gonna spend time honing this one, but I experienced a bug where there were two song playing at the end on top of each other and also

Spoiler
when Nate was hanging on train I right clicked the train and Nate would stand in the air for a while saying a line of dialogue.
[close]
What is Palace Cheese?
A dodge move in Romanian swordplay.

milkanannan

Was just thinking AGS needed more nudity. (laugh) Awesome game! You really had some great attention to detail for a MAGS entry, with the window reflection and shadows. Also the music seemed really fitting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk