The Hog Keeper... Short horror film NOW WITH SUBTITLES: CLICK CC BUTTON ON VIDEO

Started by Mandle, Fri 20/09/2019 07:21:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

PLEASE CLICK THE "CC" BUTTON IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE VIDEO FOR SUBTITLES AS THE AUDIO IS NOT GREAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbCtgEMEcKo

Last weekend, in my hometown of Newcastle, Australia, I found a place on a mangrove-swamp island on an estuary that I never knew existed: An abandoned WW2 radar installation...

It's basically a concrete bunker about 40 meters long with a watchtower on one end. Quite imposing and, sitting in the middle of swamplands, I thought it would be the perfect setting for a little horror movie.

On Monday I met up with my long-time friend Maggie and she mentioned there was a contest for short films that somehow had a connection to the land around the Newcastle area.

I mentioned the bunker and she made me promise we would go there and make a film.

So, I wrote a brief script that night and today we went out there and filmed our 7-minute(?) masterpiece.

My wife was our cameraman. Filming took about a total of 2 hours, including the main scenes, and intro scenery shots.

The music has been supplied by the awesome ManicMatt.

Editing starts tomorrow and hopefully we will have a finished film to send off to the contest before I leave to go back to Japan next Wednesday.

Don't expect too much but I think it should be and entertaining 7 minutes(?) and totally not just time you will never get back.

I will keep you posted here and soon you will be able to enjoy our short film:

"The Hog Keeper"

Slasher

Fasten your seat belts for a ride into terror  (laugh)

Retro Wolf

Cassiebsg

I'm not really into the horror gender, but this one I have to watch!  (wtf)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 20/09/2019 21:02:14
I'm not really into the horror gender, but this one I have to watch!  (wtf)

The "horror" is mostly implied.

eri0o

That was a fun description to read, I am curious  :-D

ManicMatt

I'll share it on my Facebook/Twitter accounts when you've uploaded it! YouTube, I presume?

lorenzo

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 20/09/2019 07:21:53
I found a place on a mangrove-swamp island on an estuary that I never knew existed: An abandoned WW2 radar installation...
That sounds like a really cool setting! Can't wait to see the film!

Mandle

The movie was renamed to "The Hog Keeper" and here it is:

PLEASE CLICK ON THE CC BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF VIDEO TO TURN ON SUBTITLES AS AUDIO QUALITY IS NOT GREAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbCtgEMEcKo

Cassiebsg

I need subtitles! Can't understand half of your dialog...  8-0  Your mic is adding too much noise.  :~(

I have no batteries either... remind me not to go on an outing to strange places with you.  (laugh)

Well done, good luck with the contest.  (nod)

Eagerly awaiting for part II... cause all good things come in trios... or not.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

That was fun. Good luck with the contest, man.

milkanannan

Haha great effort, Mandle! I especially liked the cuts of Maggie coming up the street at a distance in her wheelchair! Sets a great 'this is going to be weird' vibe for the rest of the film.

Mandle

Quote from: man n fist on Mon 23/09/2019 15:01:34
Haha great effort, Mandle! I especially liked the cuts of Maggie coming up the street at a distance in her wheelchair! Sets a great 'this is going to be weird' vibe for the rest of the film.

Glad that shot had that impact... It was a bitch to film as several cars came along during the shot and we had to stop filming over and over and wait.

milkanannan

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 23/09/2019 15:34:41
Quote from: man n fist on Mon 23/09/2019 15:01:34

Glad that shot had that impact... It was a bitch to film as several cars came along during the shot and we had to stop filming over and over and wait.

Yeah I can imagine.  (laugh) So creepy looking that if you guys didn't stop someone probably would have called the police!

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 23/09/2019 13:35:20
I need subtitles!

I will be adding subtitles to the YouTube video in a day or two probably after we are done travelling back to Japan.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 24/09/2019 08:40:33
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 23/09/2019 13:35:20
I need subtitles!

I will be adding subtitles to the YouTube video in a day or two probably after we are done travelling back to Japan.

Agree, the sound is a definite dealbreaker. Another idea could be to dub the dialogue again on top of what you already have, which could make it sound super weird and eerie. Or not. Never know until you try!

Good luck with the contest!

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk