Change request: Sort games lists with newest first.

Started by Jack, Tue 24/09/2019 22:13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

I think it would be nice if the games listing in a forum profile would be sorted by release date instead of alphabetically.

In the same vein, can the "creator:" page (when clicking on a game's author on the site) default to /date/desc/ rathen than /name/asc/?

cat

I'm not sure about this. I think it would be more confusing.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: cat on Thu 26/09/2019 08:39:30
I'm not sure about this. I think it would be more confusing.

Actually I agree with Jack, when I check someone's games I always find myself thinking that it would be nice to see at a glance which ones are older and which ones are more recent. Sorting them alphabetically doesn't really serve a purpose, whereas sorting them by date does.

Maybe it would be better to simply start a poll and see what people think/want? Alphabetical/Date/Don't care?

morganw

I think the issue is, some of the date information is missing for some games, so these would probably get sorted as if they were released in 1970.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: morganw on Thu 26/09/2019 10:08:16
I think the issue is, some of the date information is missing for some games, so these would probably get sorted as if they were released in 1970.

lol, I'm sure a lot of the more, ummm, "nostalgia-focused" people around here would love that :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk