Author Topic: Change request: Sort games lists with newest first.  (Read 191 times)

Jack

• Think deviant
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with story design
    • Jack worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
I think it would be nice if the games listing in a forum profile would be sorted by release date instead of alphabetically.

In the same vein, can the "creator:" page (when clicking on a game's author on the site) default to /date/desc/ rathen than /name/asc/?

cat

• Mittens Baronet
    • cat worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • cat worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Change request: Sort games lists with newest first.
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2019, 08:39 »
I'm not sure about this. I think it would be more confusing.

« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2019, 08:56 »
I'm not sure about this. I think it would be more confusing.

Actually I agree with Jack, when I check someone's games I always find myself thinking that it would be nice to see at a glance which ones are older and which ones are more recent. Sorting them alphabetically doesn't really serve a purpose, whereas sorting them by date does.

Maybe it would be better to simply start a poll and see what people think/want? Alphabetical/Date/Don't care?

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2019, 10:08 »
I think the issue is, some of the date information is missing for some games, so these would probably get sorted as if they were released in 1970.

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2019, 10:13 »
I think the issue is, some of the date information is missing for some games, so these would probably get sorted as if they were released in 1970.

lol, I'm sure a lot of the more, ummm, "nostalgia-focused" people around here would love that :-D