MAGS October "Kids" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Tue 01/10/2019 04:36:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite MAGS game of October?

Paper Planes by Creamy
3 (42.9%)
Desmond: The 'Thing' from Another World by Slasher
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: Fri 15/11/2019 11:06:44

eri0o

I think I may do this entry. I have a sort of story sketch thing, but only time will tell if I can develop it into a game.

cat

I'm happy that so many people find the topic inspiring. Looking forward to playing all those games  :)

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sat 05/10/2019 14:41:28
I'm happy that so many people find the topic inspiring. Looking forward to playing all those games  :)

Great topic! Kind of a shame that the goal of my game is to terrify and then eat children, but when the topic coincides with October AND the release of the second IT movie...

VampireWombat

Terrorizing is like tenderizing meat for demons/eldritch abominations.

Maybe I should make the third story Lovecraftian...

Creamy

I have a feel-good concept for a kid's game :-D

Quote from: eri0oI have a sort of story sketch thing

Can we see it? Mine started with a sketch too:
Spoiler
[close]

Slasher

Hope you can join us Creamy (nod)

I'm not going the philosophical or literature way... Mines just a plain,  good old fashioned story of kids and a plant called Desmond  (laugh)

VampireWombat

Ah, so Slasher's going The Little Shop of Horrors route? At least that still works with being a musical. Though I suppose to fit the theme, it'll be closer to the Little Shop cartoon series. I had completely forgotten that existed until today.

I'm considering subjecting myself to reading a Goosebumps book, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to go that far.

Stupot

Ooh. Goosebumps! I used to love the old goosebumps choose-your-own-adventures. How about remaking one of those stories in AGS with visuals. Perhaps not for this MAGS but for a future project.

Slasher

Goosebumps is good  (nod)

Meanwhile our game Desmond by Lexie (7 1/2) and I is almost finished....

And VampireWombat: You are on the right track  (laugh)

Our backgrounds were chosen by Lexie..

VampireWombat

I've never read any Goosebumps choose your own adventure books. I was a little past the target age when Goosebumps books originally came out, so they weren't even on my radar. So I've actually only read maybe 2 of them. But I have like 10 of them I got off of Ebay sometime this decade. But none are in the Give Yourself Goosebumps line. Perhaps one day I'll get some and attempt making a game based on one. Who knows...

One story in my game is vaguely choose your own adventure. I'm considering the 3rd story to be an adaptation of a Lovecraft story, but not sure which one since Dreams in the Witch House is the one I'm most familiar with and there is the long game being made by rongel.

Slasher

Mandle

Looking awesome, Slasher!

I spent the day completing my walkcycle for the kids, coming up with 72 names of both male and female genders for them, figuring out how to have them walk around the map properly, feeling very creepy searching online for portraits of children for the characters' stats GUIs, and figuring out how to make floating GUIs that don't go off the screen when the characters get close to the edge.

Yes, the GUIs... They float... We all float down here... And when you're down here with us...

YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!!!

VampireWombat

I found out that there are some games adapted from some Goosebumps inspired choose your own adventure books. So I watched part of a let's play of one of them last night. I think maybe I'll try making My Best Friend Is A Werewolf into such a game.

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 09/10/2019 17:00:56
feeling very creepy searching online for portraits of children for the characters' stats GUIs
I assume that at least helped with putting you in the right mood?
I would have just used This Person Doesn't Exist. Then agian, I guess it would take quite awhile to get 72 kids...

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 09/10/2019 18:00:29
I would have just used This Person Doesn't Exist.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna dump all my stock photos and go with something like that, or more cartoony. Using real photos gives me a bad feeling.

Cassiebsg

Not to mention that you don't have the "permission" to use their faces.
But if you like I can try and get you some 72 kid faces that are not real photos.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 10/10/2019 19:59:11
Not to mention that you don't have the "permission" to use their faces.
But if you like I can try and get you some 72 kid faces that are not real photos.

I don't have "permission" to make the game in the first place.  (laugh) Thanks for the offer! I'll let you know.

Slasher

Hiya

Mandle:I don't have "permission" to make the game in the first place.
When has anything stopped you?  (laugh)

Just a few more voices to add to my game, yes Desmond is a talkie (literally)...and then the game will be good to go..

"It was a hot summers evening and the stars were very bright.
So bright that nobody noticed streaks of light flying across the night sky.
Peter and Cathy are out playing as they often are, oblivious to what was just about to occur.".

Updated scene

Hope a few games are ready by the end date  (nod)....

VampireWombat

Worst case scenario, I should have one story finished by the deadline. I have less done than I had planned, but I do plan to work harder next week.

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Fri 11/10/2019 15:41:53
Worst case scenario, I should have one story finished by the deadline. I have less done than I had planned, but I do plan to work harder next week.
The whole Goosebumps  'Choose your own adventure' is a great idea.... Maybe a bit too much for a MAG in a month... However, you could make a few alternative endings by choice decisions....

Would love to see this as a full length game..

I hope you manage to put something together....

He who dares ;)

VampireWombat

Quote from: Slasher on Sat 12/10/2019 08:03:38
The whole Goosebumps  'Choose your own adventure' is a great idea.... Maybe a bit too much for a MAG in a month... However, you could make a few alternative endings by choice decisions....

Would love to see this as a full length game..

I hope you manage to put something together....

He who dares ;)
In some ways it's easier than a normal adventure game, in other ways it's more difficult. The Lets Play I watched of the game version of Choose Your Own Nightmare: Night of the Werewolf only gives 2 choices at a time. So I'll be doing the same. There's plenty time to do it. I just have to find my groove.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk