Jibble

A redesign of the AGS site is being planned! Please check out the mockups and give your feedback.

Two factor authentication (via app or email) is now available for the forums. You can enable it on your profile.

Author Topic: If On A Winter's Night, Four Travelers  (Read 27036 times)

Re: If On A Winter's Night, Four Travelers
« Reply #20 on: 15 Oct 2019, 09:12 »
We have a logo now! This is getting serious.

I really love your logo!
I hope this don't bother you but I wanted to "fix" some things (pixel clusters or perspective mistakes)
So here is:

I hope you like it

Thanks, glad you like it  :) I'll show your suggestions to the artist and he'll let me know what he thinks!

« Reply #21 on: 15 Oct 2019, 09:56 »
This looks extremely interesting and absolutely beautiful!! Great work Laura & team :) Very intrigued.
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

« Reply #22 on: 15 Oct 2019, 10:18 »
This looks extremely interesting and absolutely beautiful!! Great work Laura & team :) Very intrigued.

Thanks, Shaun! Much appreciated ;-D

« Reply #23 on: 15 Oct 2019, 11:38 »

I don't understand, help me with what?  :confused: The chapter simply takes place in a room in a fictional hotel in Rome sometime in the 1920s and there are a couple of words in Italian thrown in for colour, but the dialogue is in English :)
Ah, I thought you had documented about old Italia or asking to somebody!

_

Haggis

• Cavefish
  • I've made a huge mistake
    • Haggis worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #24 on: 18 Oct 2019, 01:11 »
Now this looks a little bit special, add to watch list (in my head).  :-D

« Reply #25 on: 18 Oct 2019, 17:37 »
The atmosphere is already really nice ! I love it !

« Reply #26 on: 28 Oct 2019, 14:50 »

First sneak peek from Act II, The Slow Vanishing of Lady Winterbourne.

Sorry that this one isn't scalable like the others! An actual in-game screenshot would of course be cropped with a 320x200 ratio, so we thought this time we'd show how things look from the artist's perspective before things go into the engine :)

This one will also go on twitter in a couple of days. Feel free to follow us there if I haven't yet pestered you about it!
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2020, 15:18 by Laura Hunt »

eri0o

« Reply #27 on: 28 Oct 2019, 16:09 »
Needs thunders! I love the darkness in this image :)

« Reply #28 on: 28 Oct 2019, 18:05 »
Needs thunders! I love the darkness in this image :)

:-D

« Reply #29 on: 29 Oct 2019, 15:03 »

That is simply a gorgeous picture!

The graphical style is perfect, keep up the good work.

« Reply #30 on: 29 Oct 2019, 15:44 »

That is simply a gorgeous picture!

The graphical style is perfect, keep up the good work.

Thank you! ;-D

Olleh19

• I'm an AGS n00b, please don't kill me
« Reply #31 on: 30 Oct 2019, 23:55 »
Looks very promising Laura! I would have guessed it was "pixelshuh" who did the art if i didn't know, similar style :)

Matti

« Reply #32 on: 31 Oct 2019, 11:42 »
This looks very nice! Good luck with the development.

Flugeldufel

• Gary G. Gerisson
    • Flugeldufel worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #33 on: 01 Nov 2019, 15:42 »
Very nice atmosphere, great style!

« Reply #34 on: 02 Nov 2019, 14:46 »
Added this screenshot to the main post. No more sneak peeks until Act III!

« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2019, 14:48 by Laura Hunt »

« Reply #35 on: 13 Nov 2019, 07:59 »
Here's a playlist I made with some of my favourite late 20s/30s romantic ballads (and some that I only discovered while doing research for the game) to get us in the right mood for working on Act I: The Silent Room. Playlist for Act II coming soon!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2CnhhU51vQCf3sM1akr4iw?si=Qy6w2aZGRAWjxYYygYI8Jw

Enjoy!

« Reply #36 on: 13 Nov 2019, 13:43 »
I was sure I had left a comment on this thread, but apparently I didn't.

I love the idea of an anthology of adventure games. In fact, I've wanted to do something similar for a long time, but never did. I have enough trouble finishing a single game, let alone more than one. (roll)

I love the screenshots, great use of colours. I especially like that rainy one, is so gloomy and atmospheric!

Regarding the first story. Italy in the 1920s was far from the roaring 20s -- in fact, that decade is a mess, with the March on Rome, the rise of Fascism and so on. But the story you're telling seems more like a personal one, so that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Best of luck with development!

« Reply #37 on: 13 Nov 2019, 15:21 »
I was sure I had left a comment on this thread, but apparently I didn't.

I love the idea of an anthology of adventure games. In fact, I've wanted to do something similar for a long time, but never did. I have enough trouble finishing a single game, let alone more than one. (roll)

It's been a weird development process, to be honest! At first it was like, let's just make 3 or 4 super short mini interactive stories, but the ideas just kept piling on, and next thing you know, the initial idea to "just make a game in like, three months" turned into "ok, so... 1 year? maybe?" (laugh)

I love the screenshots, great use of colours. I especially like that rainy one, is so gloomy and atmospheric!

Thank you, so lovely to hear!

Regarding the first story. Italy in the 1920s was far from the roaring 20s -- in fact, that decade is a mess, with the March on Rome, the rise of Fascism and so on. But the story you're telling seems more like a personal one, so that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Indeed! The setting is merely meant to convey a mood, rather than a historical snapshot, it it makes sense. There are a couple of historical references for general context, including the music, but that's about it; everything else is on the more intimate/personal side, as you say :)

Best of luck with development!

Thank you!

« Reply #38 on: 13 Nov 2019, 19:32 »
It's been a weird development process, to be honest! At first it was like, let's just make 3 or 4 super short mini interactive stories, but the ideas just kept piling on, and next thing you know, the initial idea to "just make a game in like, three months" turned into "ok, so... 1 year? maybe?" (laugh)
Haha, isn't that how it always happens? (laugh) These things never go according to plan.

The setting is merely meant to convey a mood, rather than a historical snapshot, it it makes sense.
Makes perfect sense to me! A bit like when Victorian London gets chosen more for the foggy, mysterious atmosphere than for historical reasons. ;)

« Reply #39 on: 18 Nov 2019, 09:34 »
The playlist for Act II is here for your enjoyment:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/517bp54ku7SSrpad9aeJhd