If On A Winter's Night, Four Travelers

Started by Laura Hunt, Thu 03/10/2019 06:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Deabriel on Tue 15/10/2019 08:44:34
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Mon 14/10/2019 22:00:21
We have a logo now! This is getting serious.

[imgzoom]https://s.put.re/DnoYqWm5.png[/imgzoom]

I really love your logo!
I hope this don't bother you but I wanted to "fix" some things (pixel clusters or perspective mistakes)
So here is:
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/6mhQav9.png[/imgzoom]
I hope you like it

Thanks, glad you like it  :) I'll show your suggestions to the artist and he'll let me know what he thinks!

shaun9991

This looks extremely interesting and absolutely beautiful!! Great work Laura & team :) Very intrigued.
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

TheFrighter

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Tue 15/10/2019 09:11:17

I don't understand, help me with what?  :confused: The chapter simply takes place in a room in a fictional hotel in Rome sometime in the 1920s and there are a couple of words in Italian thrown in for colour, but the dialogue is in English :)
Ah, I thought you had documented about old Italia or asking to somebody!

_

Haggis

Now this looks a little bit special, add to watch list (in my head).  :-D

Cookie_Wood

The atmosphere is already really nice ! I love it !

Laura Hunt

First sneak peek from Act II, The Slow Vanishing of Lady Winterbourne.

Sorry that this one isn't scalable like the others! An actual in-game screenshot would of course be cropped with a 320x200 ratio, so we thought this time we'd show how things look from the artist's perspective before things go into the engine :)

This one will also go on twitter in a couple of days. Feel free to follow us there if I haven't yet pestered you about it!

eri0o

Needs thunders! I love the darkness in this image :)

rongel

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Mon 28/10/2019 14:50:06

That is simply a gorgeous picture!

The graphical style is perfect, keep up the good work.
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Laura Hunt

Quote from: rongel on Tue 29/10/2019 15:03:53
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Mon 28/10/2019 14:50:06

That is simply a gorgeous picture!

The graphical style is perfect, keep up the good work.

Thank you! ;-D

Olleh19

Looks very promising Laura! I would have guessed it was "pixelshuh" who did the art if i didn't know, similar style :)

Matti

This looks very nice! Good luck with the development.

Flugeldufel

Laura Hunt

Added this screenshot to the main post. No more sneak peeks until Act III!

[imgzoom]https://s.put.re/2VVnqCER.png[/imgzoom]

Laura Hunt

Here's a playlist I made with some of my favourite late 20s/30s romantic ballads (and some that I only discovered while doing research for the game) to get us in the right mood for working on Act I: The Silent Room. Playlist for Act II coming soon!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2CnhhU51vQCf3sM1akr4iw?si=Qy6w2aZGRAWjxYYygYI8Jw

Enjoy!

lorenzo

I was sure I had left a comment on this thread, but apparently I didn't.

I love the idea of an anthology of adventure games. In fact, I've wanted to do something similar for a long time, but never did. I have enough trouble finishing a single game, let alone more than one. (roll)

I love the screenshots, great use of colours. I especially like that rainy one, is so gloomy and atmospheric!

Regarding the first story. Italy in the 1920s was far from the roaring 20s -- in fact, that decade is a mess, with the March on Rome, the rise of Fascism and so on. But the story you're telling seems more like a personal one, so that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Best of luck with development!

Laura Hunt

Quote from: lorenzo on Wed 13/11/2019 13:43:29
I was sure I had left a comment on this thread, but apparently I didn't.

I love the idea of an anthology of adventure games. In fact, I've wanted to do something similar for a long time, but never did. I have enough trouble finishing a single game, let alone more than one. (roll)

It's been a weird development process, to be honest! At first it was like, let's just make 3 or 4 super short mini interactive stories, but the ideas just kept piling on, and next thing you know, the initial idea to "just make a game in like, three months" turned into "ok, so... 1 year? maybe?" (laugh)

I love the screenshots, great use of colours. I especially like that rainy one, is so gloomy and atmospheric!

Thank you, so lovely to hear!

Regarding the first story. Italy in the 1920s was far from the roaring 20s -- in fact, that decade is a mess, with the March on Rome, the rise of Fascism and so on. But the story you're telling seems more like a personal one, so that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Indeed! The setting is merely meant to convey a mood, rather than a historical snapshot, it it makes sense. There are a couple of historical references for general context, including the music, but that's about it; everything else is on the more intimate/personal side, as you say :)

Best of luck with development!

Thank you!

lorenzo

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Wed 13/11/2019 15:21:09
It's been a weird development process, to be honest! At first it was like, let's just make 3 or 4 super short mini interactive stories, but the ideas just kept piling on, and next thing you know, the initial idea to "just make a game in like, three months" turned into "ok, so... 1 year? maybe?" (laugh)
Haha, isn't that how it always happens? (laugh) These things never go according to plan.

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Wed 13/11/2019 15:21:09
The setting is merely meant to convey a mood, rather than a historical snapshot, it it makes sense.
Makes perfect sense to me! A bit like when Victorian London gets chosen more for the foggy, mysterious atmosphere than for historical reasons. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk