Background Blitz: Middle Ages - RESULTS

Started by lorenzo, Wed 09/10/2019 16:59:45

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

@Alan v.Drake: I'm glad to see you are still alive.

And back with a very nice background.

lorenzo

I love your background, Alan v.Drake! It makes me want to explore the rest of the town (and steal the merchant's gold, of course). Great use of the fog, too.

--

Only two days left! (more or less)

Kastchey

I'm struggling to find enough time to finish my entry so I will just leave it here:

My idea was to draw a medieval cloister. If I manage to finish or at least progress past sketch and shadows, I will edit my post.

Lovely entries everyone!
Nice to see you back, Alan v.Drake. The foggy distant background objects are amazing.

lorenzo

That's a beautiful image, Kastchey, even in its current unfinished state.
If you need I can close the competition some days later than the current deadline. It would be a shame to leave your background unfinished!

Kastchey

I'm swamped so it might not help much... Thanks though, that's kind of you to offer! :)

Flugeldufel

Late as usual, here's my entry.
Ladies and Gentlemen, start your datassettes!

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/rLMhO7w.png[/imgzoom]

lorenzo

That's great Flugeldufel! It looks like an early LucasArts game. Lovely entry. There's only one problem: I want to play it!
"Use dragon poo with well"!

Cassiebsg

Here's a quick entry.  :)

[imgzoom]http://ags.pics/crHj.png[/imgzoom]

Based in a Portuguese medieval town.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

I've started on a background, could it be possible to extend the deadline one day?

lorenzo

Happy you made it, Cassiebsg! I would love to visit that town, both in real life and in the game. It looks lovely!

Blondbraid: sure! Let's say that I wanted to close the competition today, but I completely forgot to do it. ;) Happy drawing!

Cassiebsg

@lorenzo: It's Elvas in Portugal. "Listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, Elvas is the biggest fortified city in Portugal and Europe." And also my mom's home town.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Laura Hunt

Cassie, that reminds me so much of my own hometown's old quarter ;-D

(images under tag so as not to interrupt the thread)

Spoiler

[close]

The architecture here is 15th-16th century colonial rather than medieval, but there's definitely some resemblance!

lorenzo

Cassie: I looked up some photos of Elvas, it's a beautiful town. I think I've also found the square you've used as inspiration!

Laura Hunt: That place looks lovely, what's the name of it? Maybe we should make a "Post your town/city" thread. (laugh)

Laura Hunt

Quote from: lorenzo on Fri 25/10/2019 08:47:39
Cassie: I looked up some photos of Elvas, it's a beautiful town. I think I've also found the square you've used as inspiration!

Laura Hunt: That place looks lovely, what's the name of it? Maybe we should make a "Post your town/city" thread. (laugh)

That's the neighborhood of Vegueta in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria :)

Kastchey

I was in Las Palmas early this year! Lovely place. You could sit by the shore and stare at the waves for hours.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Kastchey on Fri 25/10/2019 11:54:39
I was in Las Palmas early this year! Lovely place. You could sit by the shore and stare at the waves for hours.

Aw nice! Tenerife tends to get a lot more tourism, so it always makes me happy when people choose to visit Gran Canaria despite being a bit less popular ;-D

Flugeldufel

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 24/10/2019 12:05:08
That's great Flugeldufel! It looks like an early LucasArts game. Lovely entry. There's only one problem: I want to play it!
"Use dragon poo with well"!
Yeah, maybe someday I‘ll find some time for making a game like, uh, „The preposterous adventures of Knighty McKnightface“ or something...

garyhenson1

Great job WHAM! Just the right amount of detail.
Gary Alan Henson
Writer/Gamer's blog at: http://garyalanhenson.blogspot.com/

Jack

I started a background last night, been busy with my game. Didn't get to finish but I will later today, if there's time.

Blondbraid

Finally got mine ready, I hope you like crossbeam houses!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk