MSSG - Failed to init midi music driver. I have NO midi files!

Started by Zephyr, Wed 16/10/2019 22:27:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyr

Hi All,
        I'm a fair way into making my 1st game (and couldn't have come this far without picking up so much help from reading the forums - so a massive thanks for that!) and everything's been going great with playing music and sounds so far... Until, that is, I add my latest room.  I haven't added any new sounds (yet) and haven't altered the previous settings (honest, guv) but when I try to test run my game I'm suddenly getting a message:
Warning: Cannot enable MIDI audio
Problem; Failed to init MIDI music driver
You may suppress this message by disabling MIDI sound in the game setup.

OK, so I went to Default Setup and disabled MIDI, but it's still displaying this message. I've checked all my sound file extensions as I've seen you advise others and the weird thing is that ALL of mine are either .WAV or .MP3 files ONLY.

The fact that it was working before suggests that I've done something dumb when scripting this new room but I honestly can't see anything wrong there.  Does anyone have any ideas please?
:shocked:  :confused:

<3 Zephyr <3

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Zephyr on Wed 16/10/2019 22:27:05
OK, so I went to Default Setup and disabled MIDI, but it's still displaying this message. I've checked all my sound file extensions as I've seen you advise others and the weird thing is that ALL of mine are either .WAV or .MP3 files ONLY.

Make sure to disable it in winsetup program, or delete user config located in the game's save folder.

Default Setup only changes default config file. But if you've run winsetup at least once before there's already user config that will override some settings.

Zephyr

Thanks for taking time to get back to me, Crimson.  I've actually fixed the problem in a different way.  It turns out that I had my browser running in the background and it was causing a conflict with my game settings. When I test ran the game alone, it was working perfectly.

Sorry to have bothered you - this is my first attempt and it can get a bit overwhelming sometimes.
Thanks again for your advice.

;-D
<3 Zephyr <3

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk