Voices and music for SLEUTH

Started by monkey424, Wed 23/10/2019 12:28:37

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey424

This game has been in suspended animation for a while but I'm happy to announce I'll work on it again. Game development thread HERE. In brief, the game involves interrogating a bunch of oddball characters to ascertain the murderer. Style is somewhat similar to Day of the Tentacle and the concept is based on a 1983 DOS game of the same title.

I'm after voice artists and music. Many characters have already been voiced as indicated below with several outstanding. A fellow AGSer kindly composed a few tracks (and they sound fantastic!) but he has since moved on to other commitments and I was hoping others could help out with the rest. Plan B is to use free material sourced online and suggestions for this would be welcomed too. Note the music must be in MIDI format.

Thanks guys.

MeteoXavier

Howdy, I work in .mid music and files. I will send you a PM so we can discuss it in private.

CaptainD

What a welcome blast from the past!  8-)  I've already voiced a character in this game but happy to do another - let me know if you want me to, I've already PM'd you.

Durq

I'm interested in voicing the nerdy computer kid. About how many lines are there?

monkey424

Quote from: Durq on Wed 23/10/2019 20:11:27
I'm interested in voicing the nerdy computer kid. About how many lines are there?

Just sent you a PM. There's about 50 lines in total, with a handful just a couple of words.

monkey424

Just to clarify, my budget for this game is $0. So if you love composing music for free and want to see your music in a crappy B-grade Indie game, then jump on board!

Also, could anyone please help with converting an mp3 track to MIDI if possible??

cat

Why do you want to have the music in MIDI? I definitely recommend using something like mp3 or ogg instead. MIDI sounds different on every computer and I had people having problems with MIDI music in my game that would not play correctly but this never happened with mp3 or ogg.

monkey424

Quote from: cat on Sun 27/10/2019 06:39:35
Why do you want to have the music in MIDI? I definitely recommend using something like mp3 or ogg instead. MIDI sounds different on every computer and I had people having problems with MIDI music in my game that would not play correctly but this never happened with mp3 or ogg.

That's a good point. Other than attempting to keep the file size small, I guess I wanted MIDI for nostalgic reasons more than anything. Of course MP3 could be made to sound like MIDI..

Andy

I could give the mad scientist a go or just play the cop at the end. I never been a voice before so not sure how to do it, if I can do it.

monkey424

Quote from: Andy on Sun 27/10/2019 21:42:43
I could give the mad scientist a go or just play the cop at the end. I never been a voice before so not sure how to do it, if I can do it.

Why does everyone want to be the mad scientist?  (roll)

Thanks for your help Andy. PM sent.

monkey424

An update - see above updated table. I have volunteers for most of the roles (I'm due to pester them about that again now) and music is sorted.

Does anyone want to play the role of the crazy gardening-shears-wielding gardener? I was hoping SpacePirateCaine could do it - he said he would, however that was 5 years ago and I think he's since moved on to bigger things! Attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful.

Privateer Puddin'

How did you try reaching SPC? Recently got in touch via twitter.

monkey424

I tried reaching SPC by PM, email, and FB. He's a tough man to get hold of! Should I try Twitter perhaps? Or am I grasping at straws??  :-\

MidMast

If you still need any voices, let me know.  I work at a local tv station and do a lot of VO's for news and commercials.  If you provide me with a script, and let me know what kind of read you're looking for I can use the audio booth during my lunch break.  I'm not much of an actor, but I'll give it my best!

Email me at: midmast@midmast.com

-J. McDevitt

monkey424

Thanks J McD - I'll send you an email shortly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk