MAGS November "Cloud" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Fri 01/11/2019 10:52:59

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS November?

Night Witches: Women of the Clouds (Slasher)
2 (16.7%)
Night Witch (Blondbraid and Crimson Wizard)
2 (16.7%)
Brothers & Wreckers (Flugeldufel & Creamy)
1 (8.3%)
Jake's Very Last Journey (fernewelten)
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Wed 18/12/2019 13:43:01

Slasher

Night Witches: Women of the clouds

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2379/

"In late 1944 - Russia invades German forces, attacking into East Prussia."
"Stalin has assembled an elite flight squadron of women: he calls the 'Night Witches' to destroy targets vital to the German army and stop them advancing into his Soviet Union."

The Night Witches are known for their bravery and their 'hide in the clouds under the cover of darkness' tactic.

Join in the thrills and spills of World War II action as Stalin enlists he's elite squadron of women fighter pilots, know as the 'Night Witches' to destroy the German advancement into his beloved Soviet Union.

Feel the adrenaline rush and your heart beating fast, as the action heats up as the Germans fire everything they have at you!

Avoid being hit by anti-aircraft shells, Fokker machine guns and bumping into sky bombs as you try to destroy targets that are vital to the German army.

Use your bombs and machine guns to take out targets and destroy the advancing German forces.

Will Stalin's Night Witches mission be successful?

A game that really puts you in the 'cockpit' of action!

Drop a Bomb: Keypress Z

Fire Machine gun: Keypress X

Change Plane direction/altitude: use Mouse.. Left click in Fly mode

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2379/

Shadow1000

I downloaded and started playing but I can't figure out the controls. Other than X and Z, how do you control the altitude of the plane or if you can't, then how do you aim at a plane that's not at your altitude?

Slasher

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 25/11/2019 23:45:33
I downloaded and started playing but I can't figure out the controls. Other than X and Z, how do you control the altitude of the plane or if you can't, then how do you aim at a plane that's not at your altitude?

Hi Shadow1000,

Fire Machine gun: Keypress X

Good luck ;)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 26/11/2019 03:08:08
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 25/11/2019 23:45:33

Hi Shadow1000,

Fire Machine gun: Press X

Good luck ;)

Thanks! That was a lot of fun! Nothing letting giving 'em hell...

At some point my airplane didn't show but I got an idea of where it was based on the bullets and bombs

Slasher

Thanks Shadow1000... The clouds are meant to partially hide the Night Witches ;)

Where is everyone?

Come on guys...nose to the grindstone   (laugh)

fernewelten

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 24/11/2019 06:11:34
fernewelten:  I do hope you will pull it off.... Work like the clappers and deliver us your goods  (nod)

I'll do my best; I'm in the middle of the tests.
In the meantime, here's another screenshot:

Exactly when is the deadline? Midnight of Greenwich time?

Slasher

Creamy

QuoteExactly when is the deadline? Midnight of Greenwich time?
Speaking of which: can I ask for an extension?
Flugeldufel and I have been working on something. It could benefit from one more day of development.

fernewelten

Well, I'm sure to make it, but not in the next five minutes. I'd need an extension, too.

Crimson Wizard

"Night Witch"
by Blondbraid and Crimson Wizard
Download for Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gykejg7taxauv6f/NightWitch.zip?dl=1
Download for Linux: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jaxr5old0ei7zl5/NightWitch-linux.zip?dl=1

A little note beforehand:
We started together with Slasher but later realized that we have different gameplay in mind, so decided to split up. This is why both setting and even the title is similar.
Also we did not have much time to balance the gameplay, so expect it to be a little random...

Screenshots:

Description:
It was the time of World War II and German invasion into the Soviet Union. In the May 1942 the Soviet Union formed the 588th Night Bomber Regiment. The regiment flew harassment bombing and precision bombing missions against the German military from 1942 until the end of the war. It was made up almost entirely of female volunteers, and the pilots of the regiment quickly became known as the Night Witches.

Take control of the Po-2 air plane, which carries machine guns and bombs, in a mission to weaken German position across the battlefront. The vital targets are Bunkers and Supply Depots, protected by anti-air Guns. Expect hostile air patrol as well, but remember that land targets are your first priority.

Controls:
    Movement: arrow keys;
    Machine guns: Z;
    Drop bombs: X;
    Pause/Exit: Escape.

CREDITS:
Blondbraid: art
Crimson Wizard: programming

-- Music:

"Constance" and "Dangerous"
by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

-- Sound:

"Explosion8" by Eric Matyas (www.soundimage.org); used under attribution license.
Various sounds from freesound.org; used under CC0.

-- Fonts:

"Another Typewriter"
Freeware by Johan Holmdahl 1999.

Stupot

Extension granted. 48 hours sound good?
I haven't got much time now to do all the fiddly bits anyway.

Thanks for the entries so far. You may spend the extension period tweaking to your heart's content.

Creamy

Thanks Stu  :smiley:

We've been working like dogs to get it done tonight so I'll post our game anyway:

by Flugeldufel & Creamy

DOWNLOAD

Poor Vince and Gus. Their parents have been abducted by pirates!

Features:
- Pretty pixels! You won't notice that it's only 320x180.
- Unfinished business (demo).
- Glorious 8bit chiptunes
- No inventory. Don't waste your time looking for it.

fernewelten

So, I managed to finish my game!

Without further ado, I'd like to proudly present:

Jake's Very Last Journey.

Jake has an unfortunate mishap on his way home, a mishap that lands him right in the clouds. He needs to find his way to the Pearly Gates and into heaven. But to make that happen, he needs your help.

Encounter, and counter, a preachy neighbour and an ill-tempered ghost in a wild and wonderful journey!

Download the game via the AGS Game directory
and play the game! Jake's eternal bliss depends on you!

Standard BASS interface. (If you think that Jake is acting overly obtuse, remember that your mouse has a right-click (examine) button!)

Slasher

fernewelten,

Any chance of making the font bigger, i have a job to read the text?

Slasher

fernewelten

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 02/12/2019 11:33:25
Any chance of making the font bigger, i have a job to read the text?

I'll have a go at it.

Part of the blame is on the AGS; they only have one pixel wide outlines. This is great for lo-res games in the 320x200 range. But if you go 800x600 or even higher, then the fonts aren't adequately offset from the background and become very hard to read.

My upload connection isn't all that great; uploads take ~20 minutes. So be prepared to wait awhile: I'll have the new files ready in an hour or so. When they're done, I'll update this post.

Edit: So now I've uploaded a Windows version with larger fonts.
Edit: So now I've uploaded a Linux version with larger fonts. Note: I can't test Linux myself, I haven't currently got a working Linux system.

Crimson Wizard

Do you know if it's allowed to update the entry with a fixed version later? I found couple of minor glitches in the game, but was too busy to work on them right now.

Cassiebsg

Thumbs rule is:
- crash bugs that stop one from being able to play the game, can be fixed as soon as found
- minor bugs/gliches : depends how  or if they affect gameplay/story line.
- touch ups/addons/enhancing: wait for the voting to end, then upload new version

Either way, you are always allowed to fix or improve after the deadline.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Creamy

I had a strange crash the first time that I clicked on the big hand in Fernewelten's game:
Spoiler
[close]
But when I relaunched the game I was able to finish it without problem.

I'll write the reviews later.

Shadow1000

Quote from: fernewelten on Mon 02/12/2019 05:31:59
So, I managed to finish my game!

Without further ado, I'd like to proudly present:

Jake's Very Last Journey.

Jake has an unfortunate mishap on his way home, a mishap that lands him right in the clouds. He needs to find his way to the Pearly Gates and into heaven. But to make that happen, he needs your help.

Encounter, and counter, a preachy neighbour and an ill-tempered ghost in a wild and wonderful journey!

Download the game via the AGS Game directory
and play the game! Jake's eternal bliss depends on you!

Standard BASS interface. (If you think that Jake is acting overly obtuse, remember that your mouse has a right-click (examine) button!)

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong:

Spoiler
I'm at the place with the tile puzzles. I am getting about 80% of them right and I'm not sure on the goal. Do you have to get a certain number of consecutive puzzles right to continue or what..? I've spent about 45 minutes just going from one to the next to the next. I am not getting all of them right but I have a pretty high rate of accuracy.
[close]

Slasher

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 02/12/2019 20:36:19
Do you know if it's allowed to update the entry with a fixed version later? I found couple of minor glitches in the game, but was too busy to work on them right now.

You can update your game at anytime up until the end of the voting time and your game will be voted on the time it was downloaded, prior to the ending time.

Of course you can still update after the MAG has finished..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk