Diagonal loops only when characters change drections. [SOLVED]

Started by rmonic79, Tue 05/11/2019 11:44:40

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonic79

hi guys. I need to have diagonal loops only when the characters change directions but not on talk or walk animations. I've not tried to code it yet but i thaught about a lot of small problems that can occurs. Is there anyone that just did it and like to share it?

Cassiebsg

Wait, what exactly do you mean "change directions" but not walk animation?

Talk is easy, you just fill in the 4 first loops, and eventually either fill the last 4 with copies of the first 4 (so you decide which direction it will be showed. Or you can just write a piece of code to determine which loop you want to show.

Like: if (player.Loop==7) player.Loop=3;

I guess you can do the same for walk, or just use 4 loop views, and code the diagonals instead.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

rmonic79

What i mean is that turn before walking, speech, stand and idle must have diagonal loops, not walk animations.

Alan v.Drake

If you only add the first frame for the diagonal loops, you should get the result you're looking for.
At worst you may need to add a function to make sure the character is facing one of the 4 main directions, if by some accident you have it facing diagonally and you need to start talking animations.

- Alan

rmonic79

I'm starting try it now, i've just have some ideas of how to do it, but every suggestions is welcome. what i fear is that beetwen the transition it could be glitches. I'll let you now.

rmonic79

Guys i discovered a funny things that didn't read before. If you add only one frame to Dr Dl etc.... in view he doesn't get the diagonal loops by default, Great. If only one of diagonal loops in normal view have more than one frame it starts to get diagonal loop on walking. Solved without stress  :-D :-D :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk