Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Started by noviigrac, Thu 26/12/2013 17:29:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzii

You can't use the horse in Ch4.

Do you have something which can protect you?

Mike the Wino

Quote from: Fizzii on Wed 19/02/2014 20:39:43
You can't use the horse in Ch4.

Do you have something which can protect you?

I'm not sure what you mean....protect me. I've got lot's of stuff....gloves, chain mail, bracers, weapons, healing potions....

And another thing, I've tried everything I can think of to
Spoiler
try to get through the door to Egther's Throne Room
[close]
but nothing in my inventory seems to help. Maybe I haven't done something prior to Chapter 4 that will provide me with whatever it is I need to move forward?

EDIT: I figured out how to continue down the corridor
Spoiler
using my shield.
[close]
Off to bigger and better things! :wink:
"Life is too short to drink bad wine!" -- Unknown

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Mike the Wino on Wed 19/02/2014 19:09:07
Spoiler
is the icy corridor a good place to use the horse figurine?
[close]
or do I need to "use it" somewhere else? And if that isn't the solution, how do I continue
Spoiler
through the icy corridor? I just keep getting the statement "a reflection shouldn't move like that" or some such rot.
[close]

The h* f* is just for travelling faster and safer. In the corridor, there's a trick. I only know the trick for sorceress, unfortunately.

Mike the Wino

So I am now playing as a Sorceress after my first run-through as a Warrior. I have just
Spoiler
successfully retrieved my stolen stuff from the thieves lodge
[close]
and have told Sigurd that I know where it is. He wants proof, which I don't have. As a Warrior, I never did give him evidence, but as a Sorceress,
Spoiler
Kraka remains on my map in Munarvagir (which she didn't on the Warrior run-through) even tough I have my stuff back, leading me to believe I'm not done dealing with her in the thieves lodge yet.
[close]
I've tried everything I could think of there to get/provide proof to Sigurd, but it ain't happening. What am I missing here, if anything? Is there points given for providing the evidence Sigurd seems to need?
"Life is too short to drink bad wine!" -- Unknown

Kaelthos

I'm playing a sorceress but I can't figure out how to save Sigurd at the beginning...I mean besides going to the village of-course.

Chieri

I've been lurking for a day or two now, but I find I have a question of my own to ask.

Say my warrior ah.. theoretically might have tried to take the fox to Svartalfheim which had some rather unexpected consequences. I've been wandering around for a while now and he seems to have completely vanished. Should I just resign myself to never seeing my foxy friend ever again?

Fizzii

QuoteI'm playing a sorceress but I can't figure out how to save Sigurd at the beginning...I mean besides going to the village of-course.
Maybe you have some spell which can help cure him of his frostbite?

QuoteSay my warrior ah.. theoretically might have tried to take the fox to Svartalfheim which had some rather unexpected consequences. I've been wandering around for a while now and he seems to have completely vanished. Should I just resign myself to never seeing my foxy friend ever again?
Hmm, you have me stumped there! If he's not around in Jarnvidr anymore, then I guess not. He's optional to finish the game though.

Heksefatter

Question about thieves lodge - possible bug.

Hi all,

I am playing a sorceress, and am trying to find the thieves lodge. I have the following problem (colored white for spoiler):

I have had my character sleep in the inn and visited by the thief. Unfortunately, I have NOT seen the piece of cloth anywhere. I believe it should be in front of the inn.

I fear a bug, because my character also lost their scarf around the same time. I can't reload, because I've overwritten the old save files. :-(

Does anybody have an idea?

Snarky

Spoiler
IIRC, the piece of cloth is actually stuck in the window frame of your room in the inn.
[close]

Fizzii

The cloth only drops for warrior class.

Spoiler
You're not stuck - try and follow what your map says (it should show the librarian's head). Your scarf got stolen with your other stuff.
[close]

viktor

I know this is an old thread but I'm slowly rediscovering AGS games and this is one of the best I've ever played. I'm stuck in chapter 3.

Spoiler
I need to get the two eyes. Getting the first wasn't a problem. The second one is a bit iffy. I've got the trust from the librarian, the other world guy that's not human (I forget his name :D) and Kraka. I can't get the lovers approval because I messed up early on and said to her to stop writing letters. My only hope now is Sigurd. But I have no clue how to gain his trust. I saved him, he gives me free meals but he doesn't trust me.
[close]
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

sthomannch

I think you have to reunite him with the valkyrie. Alternatively, you can fight him and try to win (as a rogue).

I also thought that there was a walkthrough on the authors web page but better try yourself. A long game, but I found no blockers :-)

viktor

Yeah it looks like I needed a breather. I set the game asside for a day and then realised I haven't explored all of Svartalfheim yet. From then on the game just flowed :P.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

mkennedy

Spoiler
In the beginning of the game is it possible to kill the boar as a non fighter?
As a rogue when you find Sigurd freezing in the snow after he was knocked out by the troll can you get him back to Munarvagir just by conversation? (yes/no answer only please)
[close]

Wiggy

No, because you cannot get the spear, and no.

mkennedy

Quote from: Wiggy on Sat 30/11/2019 04:04:56
No, because you cannot get the spear, and no.

Thanks for the answer, think I tried throwing daggers at it, but it wouldn't let me. Casting spells was something I didn't try though, but my aim is rather off anyway.

Some more questions. What is the minimum stats and skill required for climbing up cliffs?
Spoiler
Also what are the skill requirements for the rogue to swipe her stuff back from the sleeping troll?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk