So today is the 9th of November...

Started by Blondbraid, Sat 09/11/2019 10:49:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

The 30 year anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall has been all over the news, but it's not the only big historical event that's happened in Germany on this date; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_9_in_German_history

So I gotta ask, what's the deal with Germans and tearing things up on November 9 of all days?  (roll)

Click'd

It's cold and dark, gotta get warm by working out.

Mandle

It is also the day America started tearing up its Constitution...

"November 9, when Trump's 2016 presidential win was announced."

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Blondbraid

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 10/11/2019 01:12:25
It is also the day America started tearing up its Constitution...

"November 9, when Trump's 2016 presidential win was announced."
Yeah, I remember that date, Stockholm had the mother of all snowstorms that same date!

Cassiebsg

They do say that one disaster rarely comes alone...  (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 13/11/2019 01:56:49
They do say that one disaster rarely comes alone...  (roll)
Ha! Good one!  (laugh)

Reiter

While it is quite belated, I would also like to note that the 9th of November was the zenith of the Stockholm Bloodbath of 1520. Also in regards of peculiar co-incidences, every time that I have visited that city, I have been approached by tourists, wanting to know some intriguing history from the city. Each time I have happily obliged, and the Bloodbath is a very reliable story to tell. It is quite fun to re-tell it, with fresh exaggerations each time.

Early November also saw the start of the October Revolution in Russia, one could note, with the Winter Palace seized on the 8th of November.

The month of November seems to be a quite common time for excitements and upheavals, I would say. It is a month out for blood. Although I ought not to irritate it yet, with a week of potential mischief remaining.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Reiter on Sat 23/11/2019 07:37:19
While it is quite belated, I would also like to note that the 9th of November was the zenith of the Stockholm Bloodbath of 1520. Also in regards of peculiar co-incidences, every time that I have visited that city, I have been approached by tourists, wanting to know some intriguing history from the city. Each time I have happily obliged, and the Bloodbath is a very reliable story to tell. It is quite fun to re-tell it, with fresh exaggerations each time.

Early November also saw the start of the October Revolution in Russia, one could note, with the Winter Palace seized on the 8th of November.

The month of November seems to be a quite common time for excitements and upheavals, I would say. It is a month out for blood. Although I ought not to irritate it yet, with a week of potential mischief remaining.
Don't worry, I think we're safe now... ...for this year!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk