Rogue by Rob Colton

Started by robcolton, Sat 23/11/2019 02:25:56

Previous topic - Next topic

robcolton

My submission for Bara Jam 2019 is now live!

Rogue is a point-and-click adventure game in the style of LucasArts classic games. It was developed using Adventure Game Studio. Since it was developed during October/November, it's a short game, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I hope you all enjoy it!

Blurb
Rollie Davison is investigating the next big story for his EcoSpy blog when he stumbles into a world he never knew existed. Help Rollie solve the mystery of the rogue... and maybe catch himself a man in the meantime!

Note: Rogue features male/male situations.

Credits

• Story Design and Programming by Rob Colton
  • Custom Sprites by Katuen
  • CG Artwork by PauPerish
  • User Interface elements by CaesarCub
  • Music by Gustav Holst

Rogue can be downloaded for free on itch.io. It's available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. An iOS version is in beta.

Screenshots

Pogwizd

Hi!

I haven't got much time to play the game, so I booted it up for literally a couple of minutes just to see how it looks like and so on.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think I've found a bug.

Spoiler

Outside the apartment, when I clicked the cross walk a red car drove up. Then, Rollie got into the car, the car drove away and a mobile GUI came up. However, when I clicked out of the GUI, Rollie appeared in the middle of the screen and after a couple of seconds the car drove up again to pick Rollie up. The mobile GUI came up again as well but this time it wasn't responsive anymore. In fact, there was nothing else to do but to quit the game and start over.

Second time when I tried to recreate the problem, I could choose a destination, but even then, when I clicked the home icon and got redirected back to the apartment, the game was unresponsive again (the hotspots wouldn't show up and mouse clicks wouldn't do anything).
[close]

Other than that the graphics look really nice!

robcolton

Thanks for letting me know!

The car shows up automatically after 45 seconds I believe, but will come immediately if you use the crosswalk. It seems cancelling out of the map screen messes this up somehow. The scene is really just a small cutscene/informational type screen so you know how he gets around.

Rob

Shadow1000

I think I found a bug.

Spoiler
Trapped in the cabin with the wolf, I used the wrench on the chair and ended up outside the cabin. The window got boarded up again and the wolf came back and the section of the game repeated
[close]

IS this a bug?

robcolton

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 24/11/2019 19:45:16
I think I found a bug.

Spoiler
Trapped in the cabin with the wolf, I used the wrench on the chair and ended up outside the cabin. The window got boarded up again and the wolf came back and the section of the game repeated
[close]

IS this a bug?

Yes, that's definitely a bug. That's for letting me know!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk