The Office (Not That One)

Started by Drmcscott, Sat 23/11/2019 19:43:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Drmcscott

Based on my real life office job The Office (Not That One)â,,¢ will hopefully get me fired.
Not really.
As pointed out in the comments, it's a light-hearted romp through an office of people I very much like.

Your goal? Get things done to leave work early.

FEATURES

LucasArts style adventure.
Multiple endings. Secrets! Erm, a blue cup.
Original nonsense music... yes, there is a song about the ceiling. What a treat.
Tutorial for people who have never played a point and click adventure game before.
Dialogue speed box!
Resolution: 800 x 600.
Scrappy graphics with little to no charm. Apart from the Office Mystic... obviously.
Pull everything.
Based on real people. Angry, angry people.

THINGS

It's been finished for some time, although I've one last last audio track to complete.
Would anyone like to playtest this and give some feedback? I've a real problem with the intro video. I'm not sure it works on different set-ups.
Could I sell this for actual real life money? Man, I dunno.
Is the font too big?
Question: This became a actual real game by mistake, so there are some legacy problems from my messing around. For example, I've got a Nintendo Switch as an inventory item. Should I change it up or it's not a big deal?

SCREENSHOTS

ManicMatt

Is this game really based on where you work with characters based on people you work with?

If so, then yes that's a brilliant way of getting fired should anyone from that workplace see it.

If I was your boss and saw this I would indeed see how much you hate working for the company and do you a favour by firing you.

Drmcscott

Quote from: ManicMatt on Sat 23/11/2019 20:26:31
Is this game really based on where you work with characters based on people you work with?

Yep. My boss is in it and they all play tested it throughout the entire process and enjoyed their characterisations.

It's lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek and my introductory statement gives it a pleasant sense of danger... in hindsight, maybe a little too much.

There is very little hate in this game.

ManicMatt

Ah okay, I was hard on you, but I felt I needed to, to drive my point home.

For everyone else reading, they have edited their original post to lighten it up a bit, im not a -complete- ass!

Drmcscott

Quote from: ManicMatt on Sat 23/11/2019 23:28:25
For everyone else reading, they have edited their original post to lighten it up a bit, im not a -complete- ass!

It's all cool. Was pertinent feedback I took on board. A thanks is in order.
Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk