Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 19/01/2020 13:19:59
Spoiler
Frame?
[close]
Nope.

I should probably check while it's still early. Can everyone see the four emojis, and not just a table frame?

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 19/01/2020 13:23:55
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 19/01/2020 13:19:59
Spoiler
Frame?
[close]
Nope.

I should probably check while it's still early. Can everyone see the four emojis, and not just a table frame?

Spoiler
Yes, I can see the emojis, I just thought you might be going for something really meta by showing us a picture in a frame but the answer was actually just the frame...
[close]

Mandle

I am probably way overthinking this but here is...

Spoiler
The source-code numbers of Stu's four emojis...
#129504;#128293;#127800;#128014;
[close]

EDIT

Spoiler
I was not aware of the game "4 pics 1 word" when I posted this. Pretty sure now it is one of those puzzles.
[close]

Mandle

Spoiler
Greek? (Seems to work for brain (Greek philosophy), Greek fire, and a famous Greek wooden horse, but no idea about the connection to flowers)
[close]

Stupot

No correct guesses so far but your last post was barking up the closest tree.

dayowlron

I can't see the emojis very well. How do I convert the source code Mandle supplied into emojis? never mind, think I got something

🧠🔥
🌸🐎

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

TheFrighter

Stupot

Quote from: TheFrighter on Mon 20/01/2020 08:15:10

Spoiler

Power?

[close]
That is the answer I had in mind. Well done, Frighter.

Mandle

Ahhhhh... nice... I got kinda close with the last answer. Just did not work for "horse" and only marginally worked for "flower".

TheFrighter

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 20/01/2020 11:56:40
Ahhhhh... nice... I got kinda close with the last answer. Just did not work for "horse" and only marginally worked for "flower".
That helped me! No more flowerstorm, let the flower power save the world!  (laugh)

Well,I'm not skilled as you brothers but I'll think something soon!

_

Mandle

Oh and, Stu, that was a really good puzzle!

Is was simple enough that I could think about it on half-hour bike rides to work and back without getting confused, deep enough that my mind went off on tangents trying to connect it somehow to the last scene in The Last Samurai where they ride in on horses and get machine-gunned while cherry-blossom petals fall perfectly everywhere, and obvious enough eventually that it made me embarrassed enough to give myself a wedgie and steal my own lunch money.

(Can anyone tell by this that I have been watching way too much Zero Punctuation lately?)

Stupot

Haha. As long as you didn't kancho yourself.

That puzzle could easily have been done with just words and I'm not even sure at what point I thought to use emojis instead but it was fun. I felt a bit cheaty putting them in the frame. That wasn't a deliberate red-herring but I needed some way to avoid putting them in a line because the sequence didn't matter.  Otherwise it looked like one of those emoji puzzles where you have to guess a film title.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 20/01/2020 18:38:38
Haha. As long as you didn't kancho yourself.

God, that is the one Japanese custom that seems to be seen as charming by parents and Japanese teachers as just a rite of childhood to do, but I despise it and will always time-out the kid that did it to me or another teacher. I have even had a boy do it to a female teacher and (lets just say the boy missed the mark by an inch) had to counsel her on how to deal with the trauma and discipline thereon in. It is a horrible thing and I really hate it.

Cassiebsg

And now I just learned something new... and wish I hadn't. Then again, maybe I'll be on the lookout if ever in such a situation.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 21/01/2020 13:24:45
And now I just learned something new... and wish I hadn't. Then again, maybe I'll be on the lookout if ever in such a situation.

Yeah, it is pretty awful. Mind you, until two years ago there was a Japanese New Years show that had a segment where middle-aged "comedians" took milk enemas and then scampered around too see who could hold it in the longest and even showed when it came out.

This year the same show avoided that entire segment which I think is a part of Japan repairing its image in preparation for the upcoming Olympics.

Mandle

I will post a new puzzle here for the meanwhile if that is alright with everyone...

16, 15, 24, 39, 13.

Mandle

Actually, I would say that this thread should be open for anyone to post up a puzzle at any time. That way we have multiple ones to choose from in the very likely case that we are stuck on one. Much like a book of different puzzles.

If that starts to get messy we could limit it to a maximum of 7 at a time or something but I doubt that is going to happen.

cat

I would stick to one puzzle for now, but we can say if the solver doesn't post a puzzle within 24 hours, the next one is up for grabs.

Oh, and no idea on your puzzle, yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk