Open the puzzle pod

Started by cat, Tue 26/11/2019 12:11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Spoiler

I always feel so stupid reading this thread... (laugh) Still have absolutely no idea.
And I suck at counting primes or remembering numbers anyway.  :-[
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 06/04/2020 20:53:28
Spoiler

I always feel so stupid reading this thread... (laugh) Still have absolutely no idea.
And I suck at counting primes or remembering numbers anyway.  :-[
[close]

Spoiler
You could just google "List Of Prime Numbers". That's what I did just to be sure.
[close]

tzachs

Mandle

Quote from: tzachs on Tue 07/04/2020 02:01:36
Spoiler

cover
[close]

We have a winner!!!

Sorry dayowlron,
Spoiler
9 is not a prime number. 3x3=9.  :P
[close]

Cassiebsg

Spoiler

I did google the prime numbers, but as I said keeping track of numbers isn't something my brain is good at.
And see, I still haven't figured how they got to the solution.  (roll)

EDIT: Oh, okay, got it now. That was hard and my head hurts.  (laugh)
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 07/04/2020 07:22:19
Spoiler

I did google the prime numbers, but as I said keeping track of numbers isn't something my brain is good at.
And see, I still haven't figured how they got to the solution.  (roll)

EDIT: Oh, okay, got it now. That was hard and my head hurts.  (laugh)
[close]

Spoiler
It was the same method you used to unlock the first key, except with prime numbers instead of counting by two and applied separately to each sentence after the first (as hinted at in the text with "Don't go back to the start".
[close]

Stupot

I still have no idea what’s going on. Any chance of an idiot-proof explanation of the solution?

KyriakosCH

I'd like that too :)
Though, imho, I am not sure if we aren't stretching the likeness of such riddles being understood without hints.
Next it will be something about how many factorials in stepped fractions of an infinite sum are needed to calculate x digits of (eg) e  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Cassiebsg

Sure Stu, I'll give it a try if someone else isn't faster than me.  (laugh)

Spoiler

The second sentence mentions counting by twos. If you apply that to the first sentence, and take the first letter of every second word, you get: Primes
Then if apply that t the second sentence (cause you should not start at the beginning), the 1st letter of the 2nd word in the 2nd sentence (c), then the 1st letter of the 3rd word in the 3rd sentence (o), the 1st letter of 5th word in the 4th sentence (v), the 1st of the 7th in the 5th (e) and last the 1st of the 11th on the 6th (r). And uff, it hurts my brain.  (laugh)
[close]

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 07/04/2020 15:50:36

Spoiler

The second sentence mentions counting by twos. If you apply that to the first sentence, and take the first letter of every second word, you get: Primes
Then if apply that t the second sentence (cause you should not start at the beginning), the 1st letter of the 2nd word in the 2nd sentence (c), then the 1st letter of the 3rd word in the 3rd sentence (o), the 1st letter of 5th word in the 4th sentence (v), the 1st of the 7th in the 5th (e) and last the 1st of the 11th on the 6th (r). And uff, it hurts my brain.  (laugh)
[close]

Well, that was simple enough. But there really should have been a general case for n sentences and ratio for the first sentence which should be in limit form  (laugh)

Mandle

Yes! Let's have some more entertaining and yet still challenging codes!

Mandle

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Tue 07/04/2020 15:47:46
Though, imho, I am not sure if we aren't stretching the likeness of such riddles being understood without hints.
Next it will be something about how many factorials in stepped fractions of an infinite sum are needed to calculate x digits of (eg) e  :=

I would dearly love to have a go at one of yours. If the solver of this one passes then you are welcome to present the next one.

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 07/04/2020 15:50:36

Spoiler

[close]

A very good explanation but a bit complicated.

Spoiler
The second sentence mentions counting by twos. If you apply that to the first sentence, and take the first letter of every second word, counting by twos, you get: PRIMES. Then, if you apply prime numbers to the following 5 sentences (following the hint to not start back at the beginning) and use the exact same method of noting the first letters of words then you get the answer of COVER.
[close]

Sorry if this puzzle annoyed anyone. It took me quite some time to plan out and arrange the sentences so that they fitted the code-key and yet did not quite give away the hidden code by being too weird and obvious. Maybe I went a bit too far?

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 07/04/2020 16:30:14
Quote from: KyriakosCH on Tue 07/04/2020 15:47:46

I would dearly love to have a go at one of yours. If the solver of this one passes then you are welcome to present the next one.

Thank you, my friend :)

I still recall your lovely "Ball" short story in the competitions. Re riddles, I think I only once posted one (about a mosquito bite  := )

(so I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to come up with any good riddle)

Mandle

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Tue 07/04/2020 16:58:48
I still recall your lovely "Ball" short story in the competitions.

That was a pretty good one if I do say so myself.

Stupot

Thanks for the explanation Cassie and Mandle. It was too dense for me in the end.

Mandle

No new ones recently so I hope I can butt in with one because I love this thread, and I love seeing it grow page by page...

1:1
3:7
8:4
12:15
14:20

KyriakosCH

KyriakosCH

Nevermind.

Cassiebsg

My current attempts don't seem to have produced nothing useful.  :-\

Spoiler

Page:1st letter of word in # thread = MIASC
Page: # reply poster name: CMBLM
Reply#:1st letter of word= AYAB--- (not enough words)
Reply#:letter = ARTRC
Reply#:character = ARCEO

(roll)

Do we need to read the bible or do math to get this one?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk