Open the puzzle pod

Started by cat, Tue 26/11/2019 12:11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Just gonna say here that josiah1221 has already solved the code correctly but did not want to spoil it in here for anyone else still giving it a try so he sent it to me via PM.

He gave kudos to Stupot for the almost entire correct solution that allowed him to get it.

Ben X

I think it's fair enough to post the solution in spoiler tags so people can avoid it if they like but the game can move on...

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 28/12/2019 11:02:22
I think it's fair enough to post the solution in spoiler tags so people can avoid it if they like but the game can move on...

Well, josiah1221, said he enjoyed the puzzle a lot and was interested to see who else would get the final solution.

So, I think he deserves another day until it is either "officially" solved in here or I just post his solution anyway and the game moves on.

cat

I agree with Ben X, I think the game should move on.

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sat 28/12/2019 19:30:07
I agree with Ben X, I think the game should move on.

Yeah, I wanted to wait just a bit to see if it would click for Stu, as he put in a heroic effort. Also I wanna have a go at solving the next one, too. Here is the mail josiah1221 sent me with the complete solution...

Spoiler
Quote from: josiah1221 on Fri 27/12/2019 04:16:34
Hey! I think I may have discovered the answer to your brilliant and clever puzzle, especially with Stupot recent post. Is it CODEX?
[close]

So, over to josiah if he wants it, or Stu or Cat I would say as they were the main 3 solvers.

Stupot

Spoiler
Oh dear. It was right there the whole time. I overthought the X thing.

What about the rest of the string though? There's loads more.
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 29/12/2019 02:54:48
Spoiler
Oh dear. It was right there the whole time. I overthought the X thing.

What about the rest of the string though? There's loads more.
[close]

Spoiler
The rest of the string is just to hide the numbers in and the "FROZEN" was a red herring. When I was hitting random letters the combo of "FROZ" came out by coincidence so I added the "EN" as a slight prank.
[close]

cat

Spoiler
Because you said that after the timestamp there should be an X as delimiter, I thought the X after CODE to be the same. So I thought CODE was the next hint and I tried to continue with the post number and thread number.
[close]

josiah1221

I didn't post the answer here because Cat and Stu did pretty much all the work. I just caught on to it towards the end. So either Cat or Stu can post the next one. Or maybe both of you could collaborate and create an epic puzzle, 2 heads are better than one! :)

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sun 29/12/2019 14:11:33
Spoiler
Because you said that after the timestamp there should be an X as delimiter, I thought the X after CODE to be the same. So I thought CODE was the next hint and I tried to continue with the post number and thread number.
[close]

Just another thing that can be improved if you do use a similar puzzle at your workplace, posted on your company forum or whatever you have maybe? Version 1 had a few glitches but the basic code idea is pretty cool I thought.   ;-D

Mandle

Well this has not progressed so here is another 5 letter code to figure out...

38.889248, -77.050636, 60.192059, 24.945831, 52.379189, 4.899431, 51.509865, -0.118092, 37.29263, -4.87896.

Laura Hunt

Spoiler
Whale.
[close]

I don't have any puzzles, so feel free to keep them coming! ;)

Edit by cat: Please use spoiler tags.

Kweepa

(For those curious)
Spoiler
Lat/long
[close]
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

josiah1221

Here are 2 I just came up with. The first one should be pretty easy, but I'm hoping the second one will be a bit tougher.

XXXXXXLLLLAUUUTTTTTDDXXXXXX

XIOGXKOAXBOMXTOEXDOS

Mandle

Quote from: Laura Hunt on Wed 15/01/2020 16:19:33
Spoiler
Whale.
[close]

Well done! I think you solved it faster than it took me to make it LOL.

Stupot

XXXXXXLLLLAUUUTTTTTDDXXXXXX
Spoiler
Adult
[close]
XIOGXKOAXBOMXTOEXDOS
Spoiler
Games
[close]

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 16/01/2020 03:04:05
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Wed 15/01/2020 16:19:33
Spoiler
Whale.
[close]

Well done! I think you solved it faster than it took me to make it LOL.

I work for a travel company. Give me a few more years and I'll be able to do this without even looking at a map :-D

josiah1221

Good job Stu! Too easy?

Stupot

Quote from: josiah1221 on Thu 16/01/2020 20:14:24
Good job Stu! Too easy?
The first one was very easy but the second one took a bit more thinking.

Here's a new one.

🧠🔥
🌸🐎

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk