Open the puzzle pod

Started by cat, Tue 26/11/2019 12:11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Just wondering if anyone is working on this or if another slight nudge might be appreciated?

I'm just a bit worried that even a further hidden hint, after having given a few, might take away a bit of the glory from the solver, even if they did not look at it.

I really think Creamy should have another look at the puzzle as he was so close with his thinking...

josiah1221

Hmmm...
Spoiler
For a second I thought maybe the numbers represented which letter to pick from the word "FROZEN". But there are only 4 numbers which would only leave us with REOE.
[close]

Creamy

I've added a couple of failed theories in my original post for your sadistic pleasure, Mandle  :P

Mandle

Quote from: Creamy on Tue 10/12/2019 21:25:53
I've added a couple of failed theories in my original post for your sadistic pleasure, Mandle  :P

Hahahaha! Oops, I mean Muahahahaha!

It is not nearly as complicated as those.

Mandle

Sorry that my puzzle is holding the thread up a bit, but I feel it is really one that will give someone a great deal of satisfaction to solve as I think it is quite good on a couple of layers.

Stupot

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 12/12/2019 12:52:51
I'm none the wiser.

It is a pretty basic way to hide a codeword and the key to break it with, and has been massively overthought... Go back to first principles, Clarice....

cat

Another idea
Spoiler
ZTHDZOIEHMFRESEWSLT2ATWYAIMKPMLPCUENSVO QEWDREXGKVAC5WTEHNFNSNJRQMAOSUW3TQWBFNVNSJSGACAZVVHFROZENXMYET5WRSGDFQ

TIME

Selecting the 2nd, then 5th, then 3rd then 5th character, but that's only 4 of them...
[close]

Ben X

If you combine that with
Spoiler
FROZEN, do the two suggest a word? Like STASIS (frozen time) but five letters?
[close]

cat

Working more on the previous idea:
Spoiler
ZTHDZOIEHMFRESEWSLT2ATWYAIMKPMLPCUENSVO_
QEWDREXGKVAC5WTEHNFNSNJRQMAOSUW3TQWBFNVNSJSGACAZVVHFROZENXMYET5WRSGDFQ

TIMESTAMPS

but for everything after the space I only get garbage. So maybe TIMESTAMPS is already the hint?
The original timestamp where this puzzle was posted was 02 Dec 2019, 16:42 forum time. December is too long, digits are not valid inputs for the puzzle.
But: when Mandle posted the puzzle, his timestamp showed "today at 16:42". So I'll just try

TODAY

[close]

Mandle

Lots of progress but no correct answer yet.

Creamy

Well spotted Cat.

Spoiler
Should we look for something in the movie Frozen at a certain timestamp?
[close]

Stupot

Spoiler
oh dayum. Good work. Does anyone have the Frozen DVD or Disney+ to check what's in the screen at 25:35
[close]

Ben X

Remember spoilers for theories (and quotes of theories), everyone! (Also, well done!)

Mandle

I'm just sitting on my hands here on the sidelines in massive twitch-fits to avoid saying anything one way or the other... But, just so you all know, I am constantly watching the thread and excited every time I see a new post.

cat

Spoiler
I doubt that Mandle would require someone to own a copy of a movie to solve a puzzle, this would be really unfair. I think the puzzle is solvable with only information that is publicly available (at least I hope so, otherwise I would be really pissed off)
[close]

Mandle

Rest easy, my dear cat... I already said this the page before  ;)

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 04/12/2019 09:02:14
No, there are no references to anything outside the initial post.

The code is completely solvable with only the information in the initial post.

milkanannan

Spoiler
Quote from: cat on Fri 13/12/2019 08:41:06
Working more on the previous idea:
ZTHDZOIEHMFRESEWSLT2ATWYAIMKPMLPCUENSVO_
QEWDREXGKVAC5WTEHNFNSNJRQMAOSUW3TQWBFNVNSJSGACAZVVHFROZENXMYET5WRSGDFQ

TIMESTAMPS

but for everything after the space I only get garbage. So maybe TIMESTAMPS is already the hint?
The original timestamp where this puzzle was posted was 02 Dec 2019, 16:42 forum time. December is too long, digits are not valid inputs for the puzzle.
But: when Mandle posted the puzzle, his timestamp showed "today at 16:42". So I'll just try

TODAY

Wow you've given us some great leads to go on. The problem with the post timestamp is that it displays in the viewer's local time, which varies. For example, my timestamp for Mandle's original post is 19:42.

I'm just going to guess that the word is 'reply', as it something consistent for all of us that appears in the timestamp. I'm very stumped with how 'FROZEN' fits into this though, so my guess is probably wrong.

[close]

Stupot

Quote from: cat on Sun 15/12/2019 20:25:06
Spoiler
I doubt that Mandle would require someone to own a copy of a movie to solve a puzzle, this would be really unfair. I think the puzzle is solvable with only information that is publicly available (at least I hope so, otherwise I would be really pissed off)
[close]
Spoiler
I guess so, and Mandle's already proved you right. But then again a lot of codes require a specific book or text in order to crack them. So I sort of like the idea of needing a DVD or access to a certain film in order to solve a puzzle (even though it does alienate those of us who don't have access)
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk