MAGS December “Create Your Own Christmas” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sun 01/12/2019 00:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS December?

Create your own game: Your dreamy Christmas by Slasher
1 (12.5%)
A Christmas Ghost by Racoon
1 (12.5%)
A Christmas Nightmare by Alan v.Drake
6 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: Mon 20/01/2020 04:03:28

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Racoon on Tue 10/12/2019 17:28:37
Hey Slasher,

I am also trying to get a game done. But since december is a very busy month, I worry a bit if I get it done in time.

Here is a first look:

It will be a very short visual novel (since I am not good with scripting yet), about a ghost and his adventures one christmas night.

I would say I'm about 20% done.

Now that's what I call "Christmas spirit"!  (rimshot)

Racoon

Slasher

Racoon: Oh, I do hope you manage to get the game done, still enough time to put something together  (nod)

I don't want to be lonely this Christmas  (laugh)

My Game Progress 90%

Slasher

Create your own game: Your dreamy Christmas.

(Updated regularly)

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2391/

You create your own game-play by your actions and choices throughout the game. You can even play with your name.

You are displeased with your Christmas presents and decide to talk with your granddad. Your granddad tells some exciting stories of adventures.

Whilst taking to your granddad you are suddenly transported into a dream.

Sinbad the sailor is searching the Seven Seas for the greenest tree for Christmas after the King of Persia tells Sinbad that Persia does not have a tree for Christmas that year and the King is very sad, so he asks Sinbad for his help.

Do you remember as a kid how you used to fantasies and role play as an adventurer, like Sinbad the sailor: Prince of Persia?

Well, now you can go back to those days of dreamy times of swashbuckling, monsters and genies.

Become Sinbad again and become an adventurer and sail the Seven Seas.

This time Sinbad must search an island to find the greenest Christmas tree for the King of Persia.

Of course it is not all plain sailing.

You will need to make choices from options, interact with items... Multiple paths...

This game is in the form of an interactive story book.

There is only one cursor (arrow) and there is no conventional Inventory, though you always have your trusted Shamshir sword.

This is pure adventure and there are times where you will need to have a think, or just chance it.
Yes, you could once again become Sinbad, hero of the Seven Seas along with his crew: Pegleg Bill and Shorty Sam.

How long can one dream for?

Slasher

Come on guys, don't let me be the only entrant!

Will someone sneak a game in at the last moment?

VampireWombat

Alan v.Drake

Well, yes. I want to sneak in at the last moment.
There's a demo on discord but I'm grinding till the last day so I can give you something more presentable.
Unfortunately the full game will have to wait some more, which is sad because for the last part I have a cool contribution from Crimson and my musician friend.

A Christmas Nightmare

The tale of a young kid meeting Santa... but nothing is what it seems.
(be advised, this game is a little meta)

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/JpB5vMM.png[/imgzoom]

- Alan

Racoon

I also almost finished my game! Depending on what I will get done this evening I might need one more day to add some music :)
I already played your game Slasher and liked it alot.
Alan v.Drake: Your game looks great. The artwork is really neat!

Alan v.Drake

Maybe we could get an extension, or does that defy MAGS law?

- Alan

VampireWombat

Stupot

Extension granted. I'll update with s proper deadline soon.

Stupot

Is anyone taking advantage of the extension?
Let's give it another day. So midnight GMT Friday night.

Racoon

Thanks for waiting!

I have added my game now: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2402/

And I see that Alan v.Drake also added his, so we should be complete :)

Edit: And if somebody tried the game, can you let me know if downloading and running it went well?

Alan v.Drake

I'll update the demo tonight.
It will miss the last part but you'll be able to play through 3/4 of the content. (The last part will take a few more days)

EDIT: updated https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2398/
EDIT: There were some game breaking bugs, they were fixed in the v0.3.1 archive

- Alan

HanaIndiana

QuoteThanks for waiting!

I have added my game now: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2402/

And I see that Alan v.Drake also added his, so we should be complete :)

Edit: And if somebody tried the game, can you let me know if downloading and running it went well?

I was able to download and play, no problems.  :-D  Loved it and left a comment.

Racoon

Thanks for playing and for letting me know the game worked HanaIndiana :)

Slasher

Got some great entries this month  (nod)

Good show chaps.... ;)

Stupot

Apologies again for the delay. Thanks for the great-looking entries.
Voting is now open. Please vote using the poll above.

Create your own game: Your dreamy Christmas
by Slasher
A Christmas Ghost
by Racoon
A Christmas Nightmare
by Alan v.Drake

As always, let me know if I've missed anything.

Happy playing and voting.

Mandle

Quote from: Alan v.Drake on Mon 30/12/2019 19:36:32

Meta to the point where I got to play it just enough to get intrigued, with the diverging stories, and then freeze, and then it would just keep freezing my entire computer whenever I tried to play it again?

The game looked interesting enough for me to just kill my computer twice and restart the game again but it still ended with a fatal freeze both times.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 06/01/2020 14:36:09
Quote from: Alan v.Drake on Mon 30/12/2019 19:36:32

Meta to the point where I got to play it just enough to get intrigued, with the diverging stories, and then freeze, and then it would just keep freezing my entire computer whenever I tried to play it again?

The game looked interesting enough for me to just kill my computer twice and restart the game again but it still ended with a fatal freeze both times.

Is anyone else having these problems? Even if the game script has infinite loop, it won't normally freeze whole computer, so that might be an engine problem too (eventhough I cannot imagine what it had to do to cause this).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk